FBL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15051
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:37 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah i meant no subs but FCL has a legacy and i feel it would be wrong to change it.

hoping it works though so i can be proven wrong
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:40 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
No subs appears to be being parked as its unpopular, which leaves us with limited subs, or unlimited subs as it is now.

For some reason its the reasoning behind subs which is now causing the problem but that is something that cannot be covered by any rule other than a no sub rule - which has been parked!!

Nothing like going round in circles!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:44 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Why is that then? The only change being discussed is one you already said exists on snooker - and already pretty much exists on pool bearing in mind the average numbers of subs made in fixtures across the board is probably three or under.

If anybody believes they know of some fool proof way of getting inside someone's mind to know 100% the reasoning behind any and every sub made then please share it with us all.

Edited at 14:37 Fri 03/10/14 (BST)

sometimes i put it down to moronic idiocy ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:47 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
* How about 2/3 subs posted with team selections
* Posted on website for transparency
* No subs can be made on Deadline day prohibiting any team from being TOO tactical, also encourages Captains to actually do their job/duty and try arrange ALL matches. IF a match is not arranged then they can act within the 13/14 days surely.
* Subs are made as request ONLY - without a reasonable reason or valid one then these can be refused.
* Seems the subs ain't the only problem it's the calibre of the player subbed in.

Just an idea, please don't get personal jeez...it's an on line game fgs.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:53 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
* How about 2/3 subs posted with team selections - I dont really see the benefit of that. If the three named are also inactive then subs serves no purpose. The subs ought to come from any of the non-players.
* Posted on website for transparency - as above
* No subs can be made on Deadline day prohibiting any team from being TOO tactical, also encourages Captains to actually do their job/duty and try arrange ALL matches. IF a match is not arranged then they can act within the 13/14 days surely. - subs should be able to be made at any point. Its down to the opponents to consider whether they accept it and play or refuse it and leave the game unplayed. Impossible to decide if anything is 'TOO' anything.
* Subs are made as request ONLY - without a reasonable reason or valid one then these can be refused. Again impossible to judge what is and what isnt a valid reason. You can create facts to support whatever story you want them to support.
* Seems the subs ain't the only problem it's the calibre of the player subbed in. That cannot be an issue or grounds for objecting for all of the reasons given here and earlier.

Just an idea, please don't get personal jeez...it's an on line game fgs.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:54 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Ok its not a captains job/duty to arrange all matches i don't understand where you get this from .. a captains job is to do teamlists and notify players with either tagging or messages that they have a game... i don't understand where you have got this into your head that a captain should arrange all matches ...

The problem is not the calibre the problem is simple.... a captain sends his/her team in with full belief they can get a result against any of the opposition otherwise he/she wouldn't put them in said fixture .. its then when two days into a fixture a sub is made despite the original player being active .... it is clear to all what goes one.
hippesville
hippesville
17:58 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Tactical subs are a joke ... if this is the way the clans are going to end up i.e purposely tactical im not too sure how long i want to be in these leagues for. If you haven't got faith in all your players then you shouldn't put them in the fixture in the first place.

Tactical subs are a way of life now. The only way you can stop them is to have no subs at all and you dont like that either.

I never tactical sub Chris we only ever sub so that the games are done. So you can speak for other teams with that tactical subbing malarky but not pros.

.............coz ya don't need to m8!!

Tactical subbing in a way is ok for the lesser teams in my eyes, but the ultimate goal is that the games get played
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:59 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Tactical subs are a joke ... if this is the way the clans are going to end up i.e purposely tactical im not too sure how long i want to be in these leagues for. If you haven't got faith in all your players then you shouldn't put them in the fixture in the first place.

Tactical subs are a way of life now. The only way you can stop them is to have no subs at all and you dont like that either.

I never tactical sub Chris we only ever sub so that the games are done. So you can speak for other teams with that tactical subbing malarky but not pros.

.............coz ya don't need to m8!!

Tactical subbing in a way is ok for the lesser teams in my eyes, but the ultimate goal is that the games get played

my argument is gaz, IF you put 8 players into a game against say pros... you have done that as you have full faith.. then to sub two days into a fixture when player is active is silly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:00 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
To Matty, I totally agree with the first paragraph of your post before last.

As for the second, well it depends whether you stick with the list submitted and have no subs or you allow subs for whatever reason. There is no halfway house here that can possibly and reasonably exist in the rules.

To hippes I agree, but its also equally OK for good teams v good teams or lesser teams v lesser teams. In fact any team v any team!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:04 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
The League was made simple years ago

captains submit a team of 8 players or 16 for two games

players arrange said games

IF games are struggling to get played then subs or swaps are done to allow for timezones etc

when oh when did we get to .... oo i only think he wil get 3 frames but this other player might get 6 frames ... silly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:06 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  

when oh when did we get to .... oo i only think he wil get 3 frames but this other player might get 6 frames ... silly.

I can guarantee that it has gone on from pretty much every clan at times since subs were allowed. Even if not admitted openly.

Of course there is less need to do it where you have sixteen players of equal ability but even then it will still have occurred.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:08 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  

I can guarantee that it has gone on from pretty much every clan at times since subs were allowed. Even if not admitted openly.

I can guarentee at no point have i ever made a tactical sub as i said before every player in my clan can play any other player.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Therefore it makes no difference to you at all.

I'm not being difficult, I am just trying to understand your arguments and your concerns because they are contradictory.

Edited at 15:15 Fri 03/10/14 (BST)
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
18:18 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Nothing wrong with tactical subs, as long as the fixture is completed with 8 v 8 registered players whats the problem, top teams shouldn't fear any sub, show some faith in your players and just get on with it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:18 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
As was said before the season started, i believe by chris, if we allow subs at all, we leave ourselves open to criticism and problems.

The only way to eradicate it, is to stop subs, but then that causes defaults.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:25 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
As was said before the season started, i believe by chris, if we allow subs at all, we leave ourselves open to criticism and problems.

The only way to eradicate it, is to stop subs, but then that causes defaults.

As I have said before I am not sure it would cause that many. But in any case, certainly within the FBL scoring system, any default is a straightforward win, loss or draw.

I know you wanted to keep it to football but in something like the Ryder Cup if a player cannot complete the singles game a half is normally agreed. That would be the same here for any game if a time zone or any other reason genuinely stoped both parties from playing the game. If it was only one party at fault then its a straight win/loss.

However I am pretty certain no subs is a non starter.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:27 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Nothing wrong with tactical subs, as long as the fixture is completed with 8 v 8 registered players whats the problem, top teams shouldn't fear any sub, show some faith in your players and just get on with it.

That right there is what i am on about alan .... i will never agree with tactical subs but You say the top teams should have some faith in their players we do .... the so called smaller teams should have some faith the reason so many players leave clans is because captains take them out of games when they are arranging them for so called better players.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:30 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
And just as many leave because they get hammered 13-2 or worse. Players will always leave for any number of reasons - but none of those are solvable in any of the discussions going on here.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:30 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  

That right there is what i am on about alan .... i will never agree with tactical subs but You say the top teams should have some faith in their players we do .... the so called smaller teams should have some faith the reason so many players leave clans is because captains take them out of games when they are arranging them for so called better players.

That's why I left my clan, I always was taking myself out for the better players
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:37 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
You can all discuss this until the cows come home, however, you will never please 100% of people 100% of the time.

(My words of wisdom for the year done )
Pages: 15051
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.