FBL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15152
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:44 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
You can all discuss this until the cows come home, however, you will never please 100% of people 100% of the time.

(My words of wisdom for the year done )

But 60% of the time, it works every time
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:54 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
You can all discuss this until the cows come home, however, you will never please 100% of people 100% of the time.

(My words of wisdom for the year done )

But 60% of the time, it works every time

93% of statistics are made up anyway..
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
18:55 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Tactical subs are usually done in week one, so why not have it so subs in week one have to be agreed by both captains and week two make it a free for all, do away with swaps as these cause arguments, and make it so a subbed out player can sub back in anytime to play the original fixture but can't be put into any other fixture for say 48 hours, this stops captains using subs to get round the no swaps.

Just a thought by me
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:08 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I will add an idea horse10000 had as well (or at least as best I can remember it and with a bit of poetic licence also )

Fixture periods are two weeks. During the two weeks there are no subs or swaps. If the games are completed during the two weeks both sides will be awarded completion bonuses. If the games are not concluded then either side can still claim the completion bonus if there is compelling evidence that they bear no fault for any unplayed game.

There is then a third week where subs can be made into any unplayed game. No completion bonuses can be earned from completing the fixture in the third week.

Could also work by changing it to one week and two instead of two weeks and three.

Another alternative is that the third week (with subs allowed) is only where evidence can be provided as to why a game has not been played. If there are no reasonable grounds for the non playing of the game then it goes to default at the end of the two weeks. No completion bonus points.
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
19:55 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Tactical subs are usually done in week one, so why not have it so subs in week one have to be agreed by both captains and week two make it a free for all, do away with swaps as these cause arguments, and make it so a subbed out player can sub back in anytime to play the original fixture but can't be put into any other fixture for say 48 hours, this stops captains using subs to get round the no swaps.

Just a thought by me

boot huts, boot ash problem solved
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:06 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Edited at 17:25 Fri 03/10/14 (BST)
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
20:26 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
thats it just mute everyone and let monkeys,burners and scorpions have there own mini league, winners one who gets away wi most swaps
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:26 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL joe.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:33 Fri 3 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
most swaps lol some ppl are funny
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:09 Sat 15 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Another suggestion I have been asked to put out for discussion....

Combining the FBL and Super League formats into one single League competition.

Possible ways for this to happen could be...

1) Clans to play each other twice, once in an FBL format and once in a SL format (both 8-a-side).

2) Clans to play each other twice, each game would be half and half FBL/SL ie 4 games SL and one each of UK, 8, 9 and Straight (still 8-a-side).

In each scenario each individual game could be worth two points and these points would carry through to the League table a la FBL this season. Or any other scoring system could be considered.

Event bonuses could be just for the SL games or also for both the SL and FBL format games.

As stated, just an idea I have been asked to put out for discussion. It is not a definite planned change at all.
the__priest
the__priest
12:47 Sat 15 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
please keep Super League and FBL separate as these are the only leagues we play in
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:30 Sat 15 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fbl would be great if bonus points were awarded too just like the SL, an event is an event regardless which league.

As for merging them I don't see why not but what I've stated before would be better for the merge to be more successful. Even reward 7ballings, most gbs are fluked or just down to luck, whereas 7ballings are a result from an actual clearance.
punkpoet
punkpoet
19:48 Sat 15 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I like option one combining fbl and sl.
Think the subs ideas that chris posted are good.
How about no subs first week, then second week subs only when agreed by both captains. Then free for all last 2 days or last day maybe?
erigert
erigert
20:12 Sat 15 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I would like them as seperate leagues, but surely the duration of the Superleague needs to be looked.
w_hoolahan
w_hoolahan
20:19 Sat 15 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I would like them both to stay separate as they are good as they are, and everything keeps to its own formats.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:25 Sat 15 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
i dont mind either way
ang3l
ang3l
15:10 Sun 16 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
i would like them to stay separate too ..
faust
faust
18:34 Sun 16 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I prefer seperate, and I'm happy with the current formats. I would prefer SL to be 5 v 5 though, and as I say every season - a bonus for 3 fouls in 9ball.
punkpoet
punkpoet
20:00 Sun 16 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah I think Stus got a point with the 3 fouls tbh.
the__priest
the__priest
20:12 Sun 16 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
a week before making subs is silly

it doesn't matter if people sub out or in, limiting a team to one week, its ridiculous at best

example a player is included in a game for whatever reason
he could have computer issues be banned on holiday

absolutely anything, you cant sub him out ??? why

love zacz comments saying you cant make a sub in first week, your team did it after 10 minutes

I had onevisit sub into a game against me 10 minutes after the fixtures were released

who cares, don't make a big issue out of it
leaving inactive players in a fixture is ridiculous
Pages: 15152
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.