am i doing somthing wrong
ive tried playing through the desk top also

it appears to me the nick security bit isnt there

all this and i can play on snooker ???? i dont get it

any help please
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
10:55 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think there is definetley a security issue, I have problems with my lapto at minute, but theres only funkypool, that knocks my connection off.
The server/home page keeps fetching a virus page up, and its impossible for the game and erver to run at same time at times, i.e if I loaded a forum option id lose my gameplay or the game screen will alter views.

I may be suffering more than most, cos my laptop was dropped and screen went, but these problems don't make sense, I lost connection 3 times last night in a game, and it didn't even tell me, I had to cl;ose the game window, and sign out, yet my opponenert said I weren't responding.

Just out of interest the__priest did u click , don't show me this again, when it came up nick hutt publishetr................ in the little java sfreen
fuunky
fuunky
11:25 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
It seems more and more people are starting to have problems now, but unless It's the same for everyone then it's nothing to do with the site, good way of trying to cover up problems you don't know how to fix I suppose...
the__priest
the__priest
12:30 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
i did joe
everything

the worst part is i can get onto snooker np at all

just dont get it at all
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
12:31 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
i did joe
everything

the worst part is i can get onto snooker np at all

just dont get it at all

I think clicking stop that message may be problem, only prob I had b4 that were my own screen probs
the__priest
the__priest
12:36 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
joe how can i get on snooker tho same ?s m8

ive reloaded java so many times both 32 bit and 64 bit
single and both together all though im on 64 bit

ive used
java7 version 45
java7 version 21

ive enabled java
ive enabled adobe and updated all 3

ive no ad blockers

ive disabled active x etc

ive tried
explorer
firefox
chrome

snooker works on everything not pool

ive used desktop on windows 8 its unreal
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
12:42 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
im lost , I know nothing about computers, im trying allsorts from snippets of advice, but everytime I log on here, to see if its worked, this site just seems to cause problems for my windows, im baffled
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:54 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Have you tried emptying out the Java folder off your hard drive, clearing everything out of your browser histories then reinstalling Java?
the__priest
the__priest
12:55 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Posted Image

this is the pool screen

Posted Image

Edited at 11:02 Wed 06/11/13 (GMT)
the__priest
the__priest
13:03 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Have you tried emptying out the Java folder off your hard drive, clearing everything out of your browser histories then reinstalling Java?

many many chris

i dont get how i can get on snooker it works there but not on pool
ive posted the pics above
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
13:19 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

How do u do this pls
the__priest
the__priest
13:24 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
it works on windows 7

spinner have you issues on windows 8
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:19 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
There have been many issues with regards to Update 45, especially when using Mozilla Firefox due to Security parameters, hopefully this link will assist you further:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/use-java-plugin-to-view-interactive-content

http://java.com/en/download/help/firefox_addons.xml
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
14:59 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
There have been many issues with regards to Update 45, especially when using Mozilla Firefox due to Security parameters, hopefully this link will assist you further:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/use-java-plugin-to-view-interactive-content

http://java.com/en/download/help/firefox_addons.xml

While your on ash I did a scan earlier with a different anti virus program, it picked up no vicious malware, but I had something like 17000 junk programs, using something like 1.35 gb is this normal, I don't think so
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:24 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's normal, just clear them by repairing them, I had the same issue last night mine said 1.2gb so I just cleared them.

Nothing to worry about, make sure you have ad block plus it's very good and consistently scan your computer for any malicious malware, viruses etc.

If using Windows Defender on Windows 8 set up a schedule to perform a quick or full scan or even a weekly de fragmentation of the computer. That's what i do.
spinner
spinner
Admin
15:51 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
it works on windows 7

Nope, all working fine on win 8 here.

First thing, get rid of any ad blockers. Not only are they agains the sites terms, but are deadly for slowing things down and causing problems (just think about it logically - the ads still have to load, the prog has to analyse them, then decide whether to block them)

Also, what are those obtrusive icons at the top of the screen on those screenshots?

Also check that funkypool hasn't been added to your firewall somehow, that could explain snoooker connecting but not pool. Clearly something is blocking it.

Actually, it could even be an ad blocker blocking the game thinking its an advert, as I say, these programs are worse than most viruses!
hi_im_gary
hi_im_gary
17:13 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
It seems more and more people are starting to have problems now, but unless It's the same for everyone then it's nothing to do with the site, good way of trying to cover up problems you don't know how to fix I suppose...

*like*
the__priest
the__priest
17:25 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
i dont use add blockers

as the pool site shows an advert

cheers spinner
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
18:46 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
it works on windows 7

Nope, all working fine on win 8 here.

First thing, get rid of any ad blockers. Not only are they agains the sites terms, but are deadly for slowing things down and causing problems (just think about it logically - the ads still have to load, the prog has to analyse them, then decide whether to block them)

Also, what are those obtrusive icons at the top of the screen on those screenshots?

Also check that funkypool hasn't been added to your firewall somehow, that could explain snoooker connecting but not pool. Clearly something is blocking it.

Actually, it could even be an ad blocker blocking the game thinking its an advert, as I say, these programs are worse than most viruses!

I think you may have hit the nail on the head here, for some reason last week, i altered my security options concerning ads and pop ups, cos i couldnt get to where i wanted, thinking about it this is where the problems started, so now do i delete adblock plus or not?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:51 Wed 6 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have ad block plus but it's disabled for this site, just adds extra security to your computer, entirely up to you.

Safety always comes first, you can never be too careful.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

windows 8 connection problems can you help

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.