Site has been ruined... So let's try and help!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
kirk
kirk
23:33 Mon 23 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
And I wouldn't be so sure about clans. With the site declining in members this will mean clan members reduce, reliable ones anyway. Also your expecting members to run this forever, I can't see that even with the best will in the world.

I always felt clans should have been implemented by the site itself although people have done a great job. What is the point of moderators aswel, they should have more of a purpose other than banning people.

To me clans have a shelf life at the moment, iv seen many leagues fall over my time. The current one is just the longest to last.
justsumgirl
justsumgirl
23:45 Mon 23 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Threads going nowhere! What we need instead of all the negativity etc is ideas on how to improve it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:05 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Threads going nowhere! What we need instead of all the negativity etc is ideas on how to improve it

Like the thousands of ideas that get rebuffed every year? Literally, i'm sick of hearing about how we need to think of ideas and suggestions. Screw that, we've tried that for way too long and got no where.
kirk
kirk
00:20 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  

There has been a copious amount of ideas, you log in and instantly see a lot of negative things but that's because nothing has been acted upon with the ideas put forward.

And it's all good saying help the site but how can we? Iv been away for nearly 2 years and nothing has changed apart from the fact it's like a ghost town when I log in.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:25 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the site needs to be advertised more, unless you are an old member or happen to stumble upon it how are you meant to know it exists? This is a great site, I used to spend hours on here every week, hate seeing it so quiet now.

New members are needed and a bit of enthusiasm! Maybe if folk on here weren't so gloomy it would actually be fun
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:50 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
to the people suggesting "No clans". Take a look at the top 50 rankings in any game type, 80%+ are all either in clans, or are banned users.

You can bend stats like that any way you like. You're making it out to be a good thing but I'd say it was because clans have driven out the majority of players not interested in clans and prevented newbies staying, because theres no games available other than non-inclusive clan games. So it's not surprising the rankings are dominated by clan players. Everyone else left.
Thats because of Ranked Tournaments. Whats the point playing a normal game for 50% of the points, there isn't any. My suggestion is remove ranked tournaments and have a tournament every two hours then and only then will Public games have any value
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:06 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
to the people suggesting "No clans". Take a look at the top 50 rankings in any game type, 80%+ are all either in clans, or are banned users.

You can bend stats like that any way you like. You're making it out to be a good thing but I'd say it was because clans have driven out the majority of players not interested in clans and prevented newbies staying, because theres no games available other than non-inclusive clan games. So it's not surprising the rankings are dominated by clan players. Everyone else left.
Thats because of Ranked Tournaments. Whats the point playing a normal game for 50% of the points, there isn't any. My suggestion is remove ranked tournaments and have a tournament every two hours then and only then will Public games have any value

Public/Standard Ranked games will only have value when the site gets its numbers up. 7 game types between 60 (av.online!?) people? Minus the 10 inactive, 8 in chat room, and 10-15 in tournaments leaves 27-32 people between the 7 game types. Nice average of 4 people per game type? Now take into account that more people play 8UK/Killer than anything else, so bias towards those types, you get 4 people in Straight, 0 in 8US, 1 in 9US (me normally ) 1 in 8arc 2 in 9arc something like that....

Just not enough people on the site for it to progress!
the__priest
the__priest
03:23 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
blahhhhh blahhhhh

its free for you,,,,,,,, get over it

some people enjoy this site,,, invest in it then complain

until then keep playing for free and bleat away

Negative Negative Negative

if you don't like it leave,,, or keep bleating on and on

there are many people on this site who like it and don't knock it daily,

they communicate make friends, meet up and have fun
play on the site have a laugh

then there are people like you
blaaah blaaaah blaaah

its free for you what the hell do you expect
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:28 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Craig what do you want pal? A little ladder for you to stand above everyone else cos you stuck £10 in a site? I've done it before, but it's hardly worth it because i don't like to be tied to an account.

So because i'm not willing to put money into a site that has an owner that doesn't care, admins that ban me at every turn and a game in general that will never be improved upon, my opinion is no longer valid? Get off your high horse.
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
03:46 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
blahhhhh blahhhhh

its free for you,,,,,,,, get over it

some people enjoy this site,,, invest in it then complain

until then keep playing for free and bleat away

Negative Negative Negative

if you don't like it leave,,, or keep bleating on and on

there are many people on this site who like it and don't knock it daily,

they communicate make friends, meet up and have fun
play on the site have a laugh

then there are people like you
blaaah blaaaah blaaah

its free for you what the hell do you expect

Quick question Craig. How do these star wars tournaments your organising work. Are you sat at home with a Darth Vader suit in playing with your light saber while playing killer
the__priest
the__priest
11:42 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Craig what do you want pal? A little ladder for you to stand above everyone else cos you stuck £10 in a site? I've done it before, but it's hardly worth it because i don't like to be tied to an account.

So because i'm not willing to put money into a site that has an owner that doesn't care, admins that ban me at every turn and a game in general that will never be improved upon, my opinion is no longer valid? Get off your high horse.

1) If things are so bad why be here ?
2) premium accounts sre transferable
3) don't get banned and follow the site rules

All the above have been answered
So what's your point

I've constantly seen this site improved
So I don't get your point there either

You have a large group of non-paying members on this site
Who berate everything nick does
He makes new games then blahhhh blahhhh

Stop changing things, ooh noooo the good old days
People say we like it the way it was

How does he win

Answer is simple he has given us a choice
You may like it or not

But I won't have non-paying members making mischief again and go answered

To many times people are heard above people
Who pay there way

I still don't get how and why baff ever made changes that people said would improve the site

Because it didn't did it fact
kirk
kirk
11:57 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Moderator:
This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't follow our forum rules. Replies may also be deleted.

For more detail see http://www.funkypool.com/viewPostingRules.do
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:06 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Craig dont like the changes because they took points away from micros now he cant wion medals :)

Edited by forum moderator ab_rfc, at 11:58 Tue 24/06/14 (BST)
kirk
kirk
12:10 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Moderator:
This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't follow our forum rules. Replies may also be deleted.

For more detail see http://www.funkypool.com/viewPostingRules.do
the__priest
the__priest
12:22 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
All removed due to quote

Edited by forum moderator ab_rfc, at 12:00 Tue 24/06/14 (BST)
the__priest
the__priest
12:23 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Quote removed

is that comment really required

Edited by forum moderator ab_rfc, at 11:59 Tue 24/06/14 (BST)
the__priest
the__priest
12:30 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
if people contributed to the sites that have been going for many many years, maybe just maybe Nick wouldn't have had to take a job

how you or anyone can berate Nick is unreal, for over 10 years he has worked on this site, giving people probably the best online pool game

and for FREE

he asks for financial help by introducing premium

smell the coffee, over 10,000 active members at £10 each
and the same if not more on snooker

why would Nick need to take on a full time job ????

simple because people want to use the site for FREE and slate him and others constantly
kirk
kirk
12:34 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Iv had plenty of constructive posts. It's you who doesn't. The comments I make keep the site alive, people love to read my posts whether the love or hate me. I'm a personality and I am a legend on here.

Whether you disagree it doesn't matter. Your opinion means nothing. Neither do your posts. Yeah my comments are needed. It's not abuse, it's a laugh. If I was abusing you I could think of better things to say.

I never say people should now to me, I don't ask for their respect or anything. The fact is they just do respect me because I speak the truth and I make the forums amusing.

Edited for unsuitable comments towards other members.

Edited by forum moderator baff, at 21:37 Tue 24/06/14 (BST)
kirk
kirk
12:37 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  
if people contributed to the sites that have been going for many many years, maybe just maybe Nick wouldn't have had to take a job

how you or anyone can berate Nick is unreal, for over 10 years he has worked on this site, giving people probably the best online pool game

and for FREE

simple because people want to use the site for FREE and slate him and others constantly

If you read previous posts your just repeating yourself. People did pay and nick still did very little so people stopped. You don't have to pay for an opinion, it's free so why go on about paying. It's hardly a free site then is it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:15 Tue 24 Jun 14 (BST)  [Link]  

and for FREE

If you read previous posts your just repeating yourself. People did pay and nick still did very little so people stopped. You don't have to pay for an opinion, it's free so why go on about paying. It's hardly a free site then is it.

iv paid 30 quid into the site big whoop lol
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Site has been ruined... So let's try and help!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.