Watching Clan Games

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
x_connor
x_connor
04:05 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Just a quick thread as i would like to see people opinions on this, what do you all think about people coming into your lobbies and watching games? i personally agree with it..... although i got a lot of hassle from a certain player from underdogs because i wanted to support my mate on here? surely thats a bit out of order.

Just wanted to see what you guys think.
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
07:03 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
its up to the players realli some dont like other people watching as it puts them off im not that bothered realli theres certon players id not let watch but end of the day its players choice
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:00 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
It's very simple, he clearly didn't want you in the room by what he says and also what you said he says so you should have left.

That aside you ask and they will let you know. If you told no, keep your trap shut and leave. If you are given permission to enter/ stay, shut it till the end of the match. No gg's no ul's no gl's and especially not a full blown conversation. It's not your game you have no right to speak until the opposition player invites you to.

Wade might be a lot of things but you should have had respect in the room and from what I see you didn't. As he said before he never ever wanted you there there could be an argument to replay them all but he was well within his right to leave as, again going by what you say, you wouldn't leave because why should you do what he tells you.
poolbiird
poolbiird
16:44 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
How can someone chatting be off putting? If people do find it off putting then they could easily put them on ignore. Its a bit unfair to not allow team mates to watch a game, that means the opponent doesn't have a say, its only the whingy ones that do!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:57 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Personally, I am not fussed about people watching my games, as long as they are not talking all the time.

I watched a game with one of my new recruits the other night, asked the oppo if it was ok and it was fun by both.

I always congratulate both players if I am watching, or say ul, but at the end of the day, it is personal preference.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:02 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Everyone should play under conditions comfortable. You say how can it put you off?! Well it obviously doesn't you but plenty others it does. I don't care either way but I would not allow anyone in my clan game, my team or not, without permission from the opposing player, it's half their game to.

It's very simple, can so and so watch, no...They don't watch. My clan game V anyone in your tram has nothing to do with you even though you are in their clan. It's very clear when fixtures are released it's X v Y not X v Y with A B and C watching.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:03 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Who cares?
Common courtesy to ask both players if ok to watch, if one says no then it's their privilege.
IF accepted then all well and good, you are there to simply watch, keep mouth shut, fingers away from keyboard until the match has completed. Then you can voice an overall opinion and say good games.
Just my view, be courteous from the start till the finish.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:05 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Who cares?
Common courtesy to ask both players if ok to watch, if one says no then it's their privilege.
IF accepted then all well and good, you are there to simply watch, keep mouth shut, fingers away from keyboard until the match has completed. Then you can voice an overall opinion and say good games.
Just my view, be courteous from the start till the finish.
agreed......now pass it on to your player.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:07 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Already have done.
poolbiird
poolbiird
17:29 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
That's only giving one player a say in the matter. What about the one that wants/likes to have the support?
beenjammin
beenjammin
17:30 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Personally, I don't find as much entertainment in watching others play, would rather be playing a game myself. So if someone else wants to watch me play, not only am I unbothered by it, I'm flattered.
I agree though, with the rule that permission should be given by both players.
About the keeping quiet part though, I don't see anything wrong with a "ns", "gg", or "ul" here and there? A whole conversation while they're trying to play....., yeah, that may be too much.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:32 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Personally, I don't find as much entertainment in watching others play, would rather be playing a game myself. So if someone else wants to watch me play, not only am I unbothered by it, I'm flattered.
About the keeping quiet part though, I don't see anything wrong with a "ns", "gg", or "ul" here and there? A whole conversation while they're trying to play....., yeah, that may be too much.

Well said, I think its nice to have people watching, and especially when they take note of an ul shot or ns type thing.

Well said Been
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:35 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
That's only giving one player a say in the matter. What about the one that wants/likes to have the support?
as I say it's X v Y so if Y doesn't want anyone watching THEIR clan game then X should and must respect those wishes. People are put off when folk are watching so they should be entitled to play the game without such distraction. Agreed not everyone is the same so a fair amount the other person will agree.

No one gets put off with no one in the room!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:38 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
you should say nothing. So if you have three balls left on the table and are about to clear,the non player says gg wd, that's acceptable? By showing respect and saying nothing at no blame can be aimed at the person watching and no problems after can arise. Saying gg or ul at the wrong time can create problems as per the example above.
poolbiird
poolbiird
17:40 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
as I say it's X v Y so if Y doesn't want anyone watching THEIR clan game then X should and must respect those wishes. People are put off when folk are watching so they should be entitled to play the game without such distraction. Agreed not everyone is the same so a fair amount the other person will agree.

And if X wants people watching THEIR clan game then its just tough yeh?
Y can use the ignore button to avoid 'such distractions'
poolbiird
poolbiird
17:42 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol and I'm not even getting into how early gg's and wd's play no part in how you play the remainder of the game
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:43 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

As the game has nothing to do with them yes they should stay out. So in order for me to play you I'm a clan game with your two friends watching I have to put three people on ignore?
poolbiird
poolbiird
17:45 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

As the game has nothing to do with them yes they should stay out. So in order for me to play you I'm a clan game with your two friends watching I have to put three people on ignore?

That's exactly how simple it is
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:45 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol and I'm not even getting into how early gg's and wd's play no part in how you play the remainder of the game
that's the point, your looking at this from only your perspective. People in the room put people off and early gg's put people off. If it doesn't to you, bravo. Who are you or I to say people are liars when others say it puts them off. No one in the room, zero issues!!!

Edit- so for me to play a clan game I have to put the whole room on ignore and not see what my opponent is saying to me? That's idiotic.
beenjammin
beenjammin
17:46 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
To each his own opinion I guess.
Your example, of course, would be unacceptable. Very rude to say gg before the last ball drops. That certainly could be off-putting.
Myself though, and I doubt I'm alone, wouldn't be bothered if my opposition's clanmate was watching, and said ns, or ul while the game's in play.

For the ones who are bothered by it, they gave permission to watch, they can take it away.

Edited at 14:50 Fri 25/04/14 (BST)
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Watching Clan Games

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.