Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:48 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
To each his own opinion I guess.
Your example, of course, would be unacceptable. Very rude to say gg before the last ball drops. That certainly could be off-putting.
Myself though, and I doubt I'm alone, wouldn't be bothered if my opposition's clanmate was watching, and said ns, or ul while the game's in play.
that's exactly where I'm coming from though been, personally it wouldn't put you if and personally it wouldn't put me off, however, other folk it does so why should they have to run round rings in order to allow people who have nothing to do with the game to watch.
poolbiird
poolbiird
18:00 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol and I'm not even getting into how early gg's and wd's play no part in how you play the remainder of the game
that's the point, your looking at this from only your perspective. People in the room put people off and early gg's put people off. If it doesn't to you, bravo. Who are you or I to say people are liars when others say it puts them off. No one in the room, zero issues!!!

Edit- so for me to play a clan game I have to put the whole room on ignore and not see what my opponent is saying to me? That's idiotic.

Early ggs putting people off is just an excuse for messing up a shot you would have messed up anyway whether they said it or not. Yes that might be just my opinion, but im allowed one like you and everyone else is

And as for that being idiotic..... maybe it is but so is being put off by a few words which no one is asking you to read or reply to
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:04 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol and I'm not even getting into how early gg's and wd's play no part in how you play the remainder of the game
that's the point, your looking at this from only your perspective. People in the room put people off and early gg's put people off. If it doesn't to you, bravo. Who are you or I to say people are liars when others say it puts them off. No one in the room, zero issues!!!

Edit- so for me to play a clan game I have to put the whole room on ignore and not see what my opponent is saying to me? That's idiotic.

Early ggs putting people off is just an excuse for messing up a shot you would have messed up anyway whether they said it or not. Yes that might be just my opinion, but im allowed one like you and everyone else is

And as for that being idiotic..... maybe it is but so is being put off by a few words which no one is asking you to read or reply to
....and unfortunately there are folk put off by this.

Until we get to a point where no one is, the decision of whether someone should be In the room should reside with the person who feels they will be adversely affected by it.
beenjammin
beenjammin
18:04 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
To each his own opinion I guess.
Your example, of course, would be unacceptable. Very rude to say gg before the last ball drops. That certainly could be off-putting.
Myself though, and I doubt I'm alone, wouldn't be bothered if my opposition's clanmate was watching, and said ns, or ul while the game's in play.
that's exactly where I'm coming from though been, personally it wouldn't put you if and personally it wouldn't put me off, however, other folk it does so why should they have to run round rings in order to allow people who have nothing to do with the game to watch.

They shouldn't, I too agree with the rule that permission should be given in order to watch.
I was only saying that if they're there watching (permission to watch already having been given by both players), I don't see anything wrong with the watcher saying ns, ul, etc.
If someone is bothered by the watcher speaking, maybe they shouldn't give them permission to watch.
poolbiird
poolbiird
18:08 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

....and unfortunately there are folk put off by this.

Until we get to a point where no one is, the decision of whether someone should be In the room should reside with the person who feels they will be adversely affected by it.

Like i said earlier tho, some people like and want the support. They could be adversely affected by not having any.
beenjammin
beenjammin
18:43 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
That's a good point, but still, it's only half their game. It only makes sense that both players (joint owners of the clan game) should need to agree before a watcher is allowed.
franer_
franer_
18:44 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Put the beer goggles on and it wont matter who in room
fuunky
fuunky
18:46 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
You can't stop people watching in a tournament so why should it be any different in a clan game

I have no problem at all with it, whenever someone has asked to watch they have always been quiet all the way through, only ever said wp etc at the end of the game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:03 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
This thread came about because the person who made it didn't stay quiet or show respect while in the room, this being exactly why no one should be allowed to watch if one person doesn't want it.
poolbiird
poolbiird
19:22 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
That's only half the players opinions tho, the other half should have just as much right
beenjammin
beenjammin
19:47 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I thought it was a standing league rule that a watcher needs permission from both players. Could've swore I've read it somewhere.
Just looked for it though, and I can't even find the issue mentioned in the FCL rules.
_niall_
_niall_
19:58 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Isn't the objective of the whole clan experience supposed to revolve around camaraderie and fun? I don't see a problem with clan members watching fellow clan members play, and they should absolutely be entitled to. A lot of the fun goes out of it, and it becomes unnecessarily serious, if teammates are excluded from watching their clan in action.

With regard to a lot of talking during the game, as said previously if that's not your cup of tea, simply hit the ignore button. On a personal level I love the chat and banter in games, especially the killer ones with more players. Just my two cents.
franer_
franer_
20:35 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
2 cents is alot for niall to give away so feel priveledged use got that much.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:37 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
its funny to see a certain name here say who cares when i had to play a clan match recently he would not let me have a guest to watch then again the stuffing he got i think many would of wanted to watch
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:41 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
its funny to see a certain name here say who cares when i had to play a clan match recently he would not let me have a guest to watch then again the stuffing he got i think many would of wanted to watch

He is contradicting himself a lot lately.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:42 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

hello mate and glad you picked up on who
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:45 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

How you doing my old China?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:46 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

How you doing my old China?

better for seeing you back on pal hope all is good
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:22 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Isn't the objective of the whole clan experience supposed to revolve around camaraderie and fun? I don't see a problem with clan members watching fellow clan members play, and they should absolutely be entitled to. A lot of the fun goes out of it, and it becomes unnecessarily serious, if teammates are excluded from watching their clan in action.

With regard to a lot of talking during the game, as said previously if that's not your cup of tea, simply hit the ignore button. On a personal level I love the chat and banter in games, especially the killer ones with more players.
but again someone who is looking at it from their perspective. You play clans for fun, other take it serious. There for they would like a empty room to take it as serious as they wish as you can play it for as much fun as you wish.

Again also why should I have to go to the trouble of ignoring both the person in the room and my opponent and miss everything they say to me so someone can watch a game they are not involved in. If you want a conversation with a friend open a chat window. Does yourself or anyone Skype their pals when online browsing at ALL times cause it make it more fun? No?!

Is there not enough mature people on this site that they don't want to play unless they bring their pal for support.

The only way you can guarantee no one outside of the two playing causing any issues during a game is by having no one else in the room.
_niall_
_niall_
22:40 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I've said this for a long time, if you are taking any part of funkypool seriously you need to have a long, hard look at yourself...
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Watching Clan Games

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.