XVth Man : T'is the Season to be Jolly & Share...Just NOT OUR thread! :)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19596
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:11 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I personally feel every sub made is a tactical sub. You make a sub in order to get a game played, and when you make a sub you make sure you sub your best player available in that place in order to get as many points possible.

When you sub you do it to get points on the board, games played and bonus points. If all your fixtures don't get played you risk going to default, losing bonus points etc. I don't see any problem in making subs at any time in order to get games played that is what the sub/swap function is there for.

All this hoo har has come over 15th man making what people deem to be tactical subs, but every time a sub has been made we have had that person there ready and willing to play their opponent at that time. We haven't just posted the sub for no reason whatsoever. The fixtures this week and last week in particular have been rather hectic with a lot of fixtures been out so our captain/vices have done their best to make sure we all have a fair amount of games and we get as many played as quick as possible in order to be ready for the next set so we won't have as many problems near the deadline day. This has worked brilliantly because we only have 3/4 fixtures to complete by Sunday. Great captaining.

While on the subject I will delve into everyone moaning ash doesn't play, he has his reasons, it's nothing to do with his ability or lack of it...

But seriously if someone has personal reasons to not play you shouldn't have to question that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:21 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
In our defence:

Every sub has an element of 'tactic' behind it, the whole purpose in making substitutions are to encourage a fixture being brought to it's completion before it's deadline. We have done that, the only problem our opponents have is/are the actual sub itself. They can sit there hiding behind a smoke screen but IF it were a player worse than crazykid's calibre then they wouldn't even batter an eyelid.

So we (me friendyboy and lfc12) decided to 'strike while the iron were hot' and utilize crazykid as best we could. Their player and credit to him accepted the sub graciously and played the match.

The only people complaining about the sub are those who weren't even involved.

I re-address ALL subs from EVERY side have an element of tactic behind them, It's very easy to complain and whine when a result doesn't go the way some people wanted/expected.

Subs need to not be unlimited - there's a route to changing and finding a solution suitable for all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:30 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oh wow - thanks Remi - similar posts lol - around the same time. Cheers for the kind comments - The team needs to take all the credit I just co-ordinate - Alex, joeyy and Karl are doing a mighty fine job too (Thanks Guys!!!!)

Keep it going TEAM!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:34 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
SL Fixture Set 3

Annihil-8 (11) vs (11) Pros

legend_pot (6) vs (2) beenjammin
(sub) hippesville vs miss_harriet (sub)
reminiscent (4) vs (2) crazy_greg
joeyy (1) vs (7) dvz (sub)
(sub) dgeneratio vs dbno

Annihil-8 (25) vs (8) Pool Sharks - Incomplete

legend_pot (0) vs (0) fatmikee (sub)
the__priest (3) vs (3) red4eva
reminiscent (5) vs (1) aces_back (sub)
joeyy (5) vs (2) ronalddw
(s) hippesville (5) vs (1) any1left

Deadline: 18/01/15
Format: 2 x 8us, 9us and 8uk (Bonuses for R/Outs & GB's)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:34 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
just be honest

love the posts

ur so desperate to win ur tactical

if UB NEED TO BE TACTICAL I WILL ADMIT.

not hide behind others.

anyways

well played to crazykid as stated already good guy good player..well done mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:35 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
FCL Fixture Set 3

XVth Man (60) vs (60) Unbeatables - Complete

the__priest (4) vs (11) raker
iam_me (8) vs (7) sleipnir
(s) gillings (8) vs (7) poolbiird
legend_pot (6) vs (9) turtle1560
(sub) reminiscent (13) vs (2) mrmagic
joeyy (7) vs (8) fran_
(+) hippesville (8) vs (7) horse10000
dgeneratio (6) vs (9) onevisit

XVth Man (75) vs (30) FPD

reminiscent (11) vs (4) buckjam
mirrr (14) vs (1) jacksealy21
(s) iam_me (9) vs (6) blackcabman7
friendyboy (13) vs (2) jimmy_d26 (sub)
lfc12 (9) vs (6) anoneeemouse
ooo_u_tap_2 (9) vs (6) just_lucky
gillings (10) vs (5) r08
(sub) jittzdulay/dgeneratio vs canny_miss

Deadline: 18/01/15
Format: 5 x 8us, 9us and 8uk
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:35 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
SL

Sev7n 'n' Deadly (4) vs (3) Pocket Dynamos Any News?

iam_me (4) vs (3) triple_b
ooo_u_tap_2 vs chapster_7
friendyboy vs jasonb
jittzdulay vs kaperisk
lfc12 vs bigcjl2

SL

Sev7n 'n' Deadly (15) vs (11) Unbe'A'tables

iam_me (2) vs (4) poolbiird
ooo_u_tap_2 (4) vs (3) fran_
(sub) crazykid (6) vs (1) onevisit
jittzdulay vs raker
lfc12 (3) vs (3) turtle1560

Grand Slam Cup - Round 1

XVth Man (8) vs (0) FPD

FCL (15): iam_me vs thegreatone7 (messaged)
FCL (15): (swp) _aquarius12_ vs r08
SL (12): (sub,swp) legend_pot vs buckjam
SL: (12) (s) gillings (2) vs (0) canny_miss (8-4)
8us: friendyboy vs moonbeam06 (10 racks)
9us: (swp) dgeneratio (2) vs (0) jacksealy21(12 racks) (7-2)
8uk: the__priest (2) vs (0) blackcabman7 (10 racks) (6-3)
Str: (sub) joeyy (2) vs (0) anoneeemouse (4 racks) (3-0)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:36 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
FBL Fix Set 3

XVth Man (4) vs (2) Pool Sharks

8us: lfc12 vs dazpolz
8us: (swp) crazykid vs keaneo16
9us: gillings vs red4eva (sub)
9us: reminiscent (2) vs (0) cannibals (5-3)
8uk: dgeneratio (0) vs (2) kingdadcool (3-5)
8uk: (sub) friendyboy vs _dave_
Str: legend_pot (2) vs (0) andyw1
Str: (swp) joeyy vs funky_king

XVth Man (6) vs (6) Uprising

8us: iam_me (1) vs (1) cgibson92 (4-4)
8us: joeyy (1) vs (1) dv8 (sub) (4-4)
9us: dgeneratio (0) vs (2) lll1lll1lll (swp) (0-5)
9us: hippesville vs davybaumers
8uk: reminiscent (2) vs (0) derik_dalton (swp) (5-3)
8uk: (sub) crazykid (2) vs (0) r1p0m4n_v2 (5-3)
Str: legend_pot (0) vs (2) corsair
Str: ooo_u_tap_2 vs clifton188

Deadline: 25th January 2015

Good Luck Guys -

Edited at 01:40 Sat 17/01/15 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:25 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
My post is 100% truth.

What I believe, what I always have since subs have been in clan games.

Every team is tactical they set out to win the team they are playing, simple.

All subs are tactical as you use the sub to get as many points as possible, is it wrong if Liverpool for example bring Gerrard/Sterling off the bench to try win a game whether it is half time or 70 minutes in even half an hour in.

I know this is a completely different game, and different rules, but as long as the rules let teams do that, then so be it, I think there should be a cap on subs.

But there isn't a cap on subs there is no stopping any team subbing who they want when they want and utilising the full depth of their squad.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:46 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorry just love how other people like to get involved when they really should focus on their own issues:

Pay attention to this - Our method appears to be working - might wanna try it:

Posted Image

Has the audacity to criticize us lol - over the subs and swaps we've made -

Edited at 03:26 Sat 17/01/15 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:47 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
In relation to the post posted about the 'silly proposal', here's one of mine:

What a ridiculous idea 2 out of 14 days can only sub - well done, that will just increase possible risk for defaults. Also how can a team even think about refusing a sub just because they feel they've been messed about. I'll tell you what would happen - all the bullying tactics would be doubled in their intensity forcing the other teams to render their positions and make the 'oh so high and mighty teams' think they've won.

Genius I think NOT!

All that needs to be implemented are both or either 1 of 2 things:

(i) Abolish the unlimited amount subs allowed in any fixture set - will eliminate the totally freedom we ALL have but some don't use and others excercise it to it's full potential.

(ii) Ensure ALL subs/swaps are authorised by a panel (1 Representative from Each Side, maybe a MOD too (not involved in a clan) - if insufficient grounds then they be refused. At least then no one can feel exploited, intimidated, pressured in to making a sub.

HOWEVER - IF a majority decision be deemed to be non genuine and just a cheap shot at 'saying no' for the sake of it then the League runner (chris) have Overall Rule.

Just an idea.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:01 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Reminiscent - to a certain degree I accept that they are tactical but not each and every sub is made to win, some are done solely to complete a game whether a good or not so good player is subbed in. The whole idea for my post has nothing based purely on this team, it's just to make sure the random part of the process is actually adhered to because that's the fun in all the clan games.

Ash - to make a sub or swap is totally legal and I'm fine with that but the necessity for making those subs has to questioned at times.. giving in team sheets and accepting the random draw of the fixture is part of the fun in clan games and when teams apply the subs and swap rules so early in the 14 day fixture it renders the whole process useless.
All I'm asking for is that the initial draw stays as it is and the players are given a chance to play the match for the majority duration of the fixture unless unavoidable circumstances can be seen.

I have no issues with anyone on this site, and this has nothing to do with subs being made in my fixture, for me I wish to keep the random element in the games as that is exactly where the fun lies.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:17 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
In relation to the post posted about the 'silly proposal', here's one of mine:

What a ridiculous idea 2 out of 14 days can only sub - well done, that will just increase possible risk for defaults. Also how can a team even think about refusing a sub just because they feel they've been messed about. I'll tell you what would happen - all the bullying tactics would be doubled in their intensity forcing the other teams to render their positions and make the 'oh so high and mighty teams' think they've won.

Genius I think NOT!

You really do need to work on your people skills ash, why do u feel the need to put people down, I will never know. All you had to do was give your proposal. The vindictiveness is where the arguments break out. Anyway, each to their own I guess..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:48 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think we can all agree that we are all here for the same reasons, shoot some pool, have a laugh and get a few games played. In order to keep it fun you need to keep the rules to a minimum IMO. The fact people are asking for no subs for the first 12 days is a bit dramatic I think, just this set I was messed around by players of a different clan refusing to play me stating there's plenty of time to play before making 3 subs all within the first 9 days, and this was by a clan captain.

If that had happened with no subs for 12 days I for example could have been on every day for 12 days with him not replying or refusing to play and could have been at a wedding, christening, family event or even ill for the last 2 days and because of the other players laziness be penalised myself.

I agree there should be a cap on swaps/subs, what that number is I don't know, maybe 3 per team per fixture, unless there is a really valid reason for example someone being off for long periods of time or something unexpected occurred, which lets be honest happens to most of us from time to time.

If there was to be a cap on the time to make subs I'd say no subs in the first 7 days that way it still gives us a good enough time scale in which to contact, arrange times and get the games played should subs be made.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:07 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Take it to the league discussion thread, it's what it's there for.

Tappy (supermod)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:39 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
woop woop go tappy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:04 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just a little brief summary for recent subs/swaps.

SL - vs Pros
(the__priest) hippesville vs tinie_v2 (now miss_harriet) - Craig messaged tinie on numerous occasions, opponent even logged on and still failed too reply. Craig also offline messaged me saying with it being his Birthday on Friday he'll be away this weekend (now). Unfortunately he messaged me stating please sub me from ALL my matches as he's not very well at all. I wont go into detail but I immediately acted upon this request starting with 8uk vs r1p0m4n_v2.

SL - Pros
(trats) vs dbno - trats were given plenty of time had hoped he'd have his PC repaired by now so left it as long as possible before subbing in dgeneratio. Me and Rich have been in constant communication and both knew where we stood. Called working together to meet the same end goal.

Sub vs Ubs vs onevisit: At the time crazykid posted he's in a library, any matches want me too play I went through all matches to see if any opponents on or browsing. Only one were onevisit. I offered him the opportunity to sub in after speaking with my Co Captain who were originally in that particular fixture. With onevisit browsing, crazykid available at the now we agreed let them play on the previso Alex be given another fixture elsewhere. He will be the first sub for jittzdulay vs raker.

Swap: me vs buckjam (Gsc) - I swapped as its common knowledge me and he do not get along, also before the fixture even started I messaged blackcabman7...

Edited at 13:16 Sat 17/01/15 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:16 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
saying all issues do be dealt with by friendyboy, lfc12 or joeyy due to our fractious relationship. So when in their wisdom they put me vs him I immediately swapped too play r08 instead also in a longer format with it being my first fixture I'll play.

So out of those examples: Am I really such a Vindictive. Manipulative, condescending, malicious, nasty piece of work. NO-I like to think I give ALL our players ample time to get matches played. If I get a request I FOLLOW it, If a players offline days on end and opponents not then I ACT upon it.

I'd LOVE to not have to make any subs, swaps, amendments etc but in reality it's just not possible. I'll make this proposal/promise that I'll try to minimize the amount of changes and all will be discussed between myself and Alex, Karl and Joeyy plus I will continue to seek further opinions on things before acting IF it can calm, mellow, diffuse any ill feelings towards me from now on.

The problems ppl have are with me, don't take it out on my teams. I happen to also think that 'US' being as successful as we are is not appreciated so the ONLY way to reduce our threat is to cause unnecessary rifts between us. Let's try get along!

Edited at 13:21 Sat 17/01/15 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:39 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
_aquarius12_ is given a verbal warning for abusing himself in public

Tappy (supermod)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:43 Sat 17 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
_aquarius12_ is given a verbal warning for abusing himself in public

Tappy (supermod)

Oh not again 'it's all the things she said, just running through my head' TATU
Pages: 19596
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

XVth Man : T'is the Season to be Jolly & Share...Just NOT OUR thread! :)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.