Another Idea to Boost the Site

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:15 Sun 1 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'll never pay premium because I prefer to enjoy myself than tiptoe on eggshells trying not to get banned again. I've paid it once and got banned through a stupid reason 3 weeks later. Not a chanceeeeeeeeee

The overuse of bans is a different issue but they are starting to take away posting rights for periods instead more often.
If they improved the premium service with these suggestions then they could withold premium rights for a week or 2 as another alternative to banning someone.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:22 Mon 2 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
This is one of the most idiotic posts I have ever seen on the forums, and there have been a few that are up there... I'm sure we are all aware that the site is dying a slow and painful death, from a time when there was in excess of a thousand people logged in at peak time to barely one hundred, the last thing this site needs is for everyone to have to buy a premium membership. Why would nick chase away the last few members that still log in on a regular basis?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:26 Mon 2 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I only say this as the original title of the forum was an 'idea to boost the site', in no way shape or form is this idea going to boost the site.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:35 Mon 2 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
That is one of the most idiotic replies I have ever seen.

The site taking control of the clan leagues, promoting them and building them would boost the site as they are still (in spite of the site's decline) very popular.
It's not worth the owner of the site taking on the hassle of doing that for free but if all clan members paid the pittance of premium then it might be.
A year is 3/4 seasons of clan leagues if the site made them bigger and better with a bit of work plus added the old tables as pro tables all for a tenner a year do you seriously think people wouldn't pay it?!
A tenner gets you a DLC to a ps4 game...5 hours gameplay tops, you would get 10 times that just in the clan leagues over a year!
Everybody looks at it from our point of view, I've just tried looking at it a different way...
For the site to be worthwhile for Nick to put the effort into again then it needs to make more money and we need premium to be worth buying.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:45 Mon 2 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
True but i think me and Seb on Snooker and chris on Pool has made the leagues respectable.

I wouldn't like it personally if someone took over before i could no longer update, In terms of Snooker even if Admins take over clan leagues (can't see it to be honest only a few active), On Mods side i couldn't see chris running four leagues, it would still be our league as we made it into what it is today and we have our own set of rules.

Admins could test it though and make their own league before deciding to make it permanent
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:13 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Question is... if Seb or Chris left the sites ..would the clans disappear and the site go further down the road towards its demise?

Also as Seb has said , its more down to the use of phones, tablets etc and less pc s and laptops that is the root cause.

No attempt at premium membership increases will make the slightest difference..

sad but true

dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:40 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nick did say he is about 70% of way through phones or something, hopefully someone gives him a nudge
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:48 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Question is... if Seb or Chris left the sites ..would the clans disappear and the site go further down the road towards its demise?

Not sure, If i went their would be a hole but luckily i have Seb to help, If we both left (wouldn't happen) then i don't know who would take over.

In terms of Pool, Lots of willing members who could run the league if chris left but in my opinion the leagues under chris is best it has been since potty ran the league (too many arguments in my era) so i can't see him leaving unless two or three volunteer to run it
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:49 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
If this did go to Premium though then i would have to think hard about my future on funky but i am so addicted and bored during the day that i would pay long as its not expensive.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:44 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
10$ IS 10$

someone said 30p a week? jeez i throw like 2-4 euro a day in the jar in change..Ok im no rich kid or anything but i get by yet i don't pay premium here, im sure we all could afford it if needed to build this site. but cliffy was it said, the place is dying and sorry but i do agree with that as we can all see it happening, hense the name of the thread -Idea to boost

i doubt it will happen, nick made 656$ last year from this site alone, compared to what he used to make no wonder he dont put time in no more. ( my price is out by $30 up or down)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:56 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Personally I don't think it's anything to do with phones and tablets.
I honestly think if they stuck the site back to how it was 5 years ago people would come back
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:23 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I had a dream that we had the hardcore tables back, and the site slowly resurrected itself, because people found it such a challenge.

I do think that the idea of recording achievements on a profile is a good idea, like it says about day medals etc, highest run, amount of 7 ballers.

What other achievements would people like to see? (I am thinking about COD style here )
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:47 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Best winning streak as an achievement :)
see who gets the biggest winning streak
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:56 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
But would that be a winning streak across all formats, or seperate winning streaks for each game type? Or.... both?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:59 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
10$ IS 10$

someone said 30p a week? jeez i throw like 2-4 euro a day in the jar in change..Ok im no rich kid or anything but i get by yet i don't pay premium here, im sure we all could afford it if needed to build this site. but cliffy was it said, the place is dying and sorry but i do agree with that as we can all see it happening, hense the name of the thread -Idea to boost

i doubt it will happen, nick made 656$ last year from this site alone, compared to what he used to make no wonder he dont put time in no more. ( my price is out by $30 up or down)

maybe we could yeah but not all of us work so we get just enough to live by.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:03 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
But would that be a winning streak across all formats, or seperate winning streaks for each game type? Or.... both?

Why not both?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:06 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you got people to pay for premium, the site would die even more.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:10 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you got people to pay for premium, the site would die even more.

I don't think so, only if they wanted to play clan games. It would stop the people creating many fake user names, maybe if the site made it easier to pay in small amounts? Like xbox live? Monthly direct debit?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:17 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Once upon a time i suggested...

12 months - £9.99
6 months - £5.99
3 months - £3.99
1 month - £1.99
14 days - £0.99
7 days - £0.49
3 days - £0.25
1 day - £0.10

something like that? little lower than i intended (3 months) but you get the jist (maybe offer a 7 day free trial to new members so they can see if its worth it to them).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:20 Tue 3 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Once upon a time i suggested...

12 months - £9.99
6 months - £5.99
3 months - £3.99
1 month - £1.99
14 days - £0.99
7 days - £0.49
3 days - £0.25
1 day - £0.10

something like that? little lower than i intended (3 months) but you get the jist (maybe offer a 7 day free trial to new members so they can see if its worth it to them).

I would probably cap the lowest membership at a week?

But something like that seems a great idea, so it rewards people to pay for a year
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Another Idea to Boost the Site

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.