Where did you hear about Funky? -Sponsored by Chips n' Gravy

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
13:19 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
There is a pattern forming then. Most people Googled free online pool games. Now either the problem is, miniclip being the first choice, or just the fact no one wants to play online pool games anymore.
I think we need to start promoting and advertising on pool tournament forums and websites as well as snooker ones. That's where the target market is.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
13:31 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
To be totally honest: I have absolutely no idea how I found this site, were I at college, off me head, razzled, opportunistic, unlucky or did I just stumble across it?

I did know it were never my intentions to get involved with clans hence all my requests were declined then like some do now I tried to become oblivious to them. I came across a few players called dextr, shadwell17, lethal_playa and powerfool, we started chatting for a good few months, then got roped into joining Ninja Warriors clan after being hounded to play for The Mafia (cree & Co).

The rest is history I tried to emulate my 2nd Captain who I had back in Elite Force, I left that team due to not agreeing with certain methods and felt could do a better job. Also got sick of always only hearing about the so called better sides and I like a challenge, so set up Phoenix Storm after Black Magic vanished.

A lot on here now wish that I would, I do too but the prospect and belief in not wanting to fail or let slip of my responsibilties far outweigh the demand for me to go. (IMO)

So yeah crappy start, crappy middle only fitting to have a crappy end.
legend_pot
legend_pot
14:35 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think another problem is that some people on this site (not aimed at anyone in particular) dont make this website look like a fun game to play with some of the arguments that place place on the forums and sometimes in the chat room which is another reason why the website is in decline.

if i came on as a new player right now not hearing about funky until i stumbled across it today, i would feel a bit reluctant to join if i read some of the forums conversations as from time to time they look unfriendly.

so again this isnt aimed at anyone as i get along with pretty much all the members i know of, apart from the odd guest which thinks they are the next best thing since sliced bread, but i feel some people dont advertise the website in a good manner
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:01 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
It is very rare that you see a genuine noob though and when they do come in there aren't exactly a lot of games going on to join.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
16:35 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah its a bit like the industry nowadays, they abolished the apprenticeship scheme years ago and that's why we had to look across Europe for skilled tradesmen, they're only just starting another apprenticeship scene recently because of the lack of talent in England. Kinda what happened with Funky atm, we have good old players but no new talent coming through, so there's a massive gap between the two atm. Think it'll get worse before it gets better.
braveheart
braveheart
16:41 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Tablets and smartphone are killing it. Its a rare thing to see a laptop or desktop in households these days.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
17:01 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Tablets and smartphone are killing it. Its a rare thing to see a laptop or desktop in households these days.

Yeah so if Funky branched out and put it onto tablets and ipads we'd be quids in. Just a shame most tablets don't support java or flash player
silenthill
silenthill
20:22 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
used to play at jippii. when they closed down i had few years off. around 2009 googled "free online pool games".
the rest is history...

so, Phil- as you are only 16-17 now,You started to play here when you was 8-9?

I'm 16-17 now? LOL

I'm 21 you clown.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
20:43 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Act it then
miss_harriet
miss_harriet
21:53 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
pot_the_lot was on about a game, when I was in the car with her once, coming back from an inter-league match. This was the game..... 2009 I joined.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
22:00 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Most of us joined in 2009 how strange is that. Something must've happened that year lol.
horse10000
horse10000
22:02 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oh dear I am showing my age now I joined in 2005 and this has been my only account since. Found the site by fluke when looking for a pool game to play as I had found another one that was rubbish and thought there was bound to be something better.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
22:18 Sun 8 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oh dear I am showing my age now I joined in 2005 and this has been my only account since. Found the site by fluke when looking for a pool game to play as I had found another one that was rubbish and thought there was bound to be something better.

Turns out there wasn't lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:15 Mon 9 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I started playing back in 2005, under the username snake_venom, usually in lunch times at school. Then I didn't play for a long time and got back into it at the end of 2012.

First found the site when watching my friends playing, there used to be 20 of us in the same classroom playing, now you barely get 20 people online!
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
14:02 Mon 9 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hopefully there's a player on here that does online advertising lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:14 Mon 9 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Flapjack i think has the twitter account and theres Funky Groups on Facebook, just need someone to run them with regular updates. I'm on Facebook playing Angels about 8 hours a day so i could do Facebook side
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:44 Mon 9 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I offered to take the twitter account, because its hardly ever used
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
15:26 Mon 9 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Think we need to set some sort of wheels in motion. Does anyone know of any local pool leagues with websites you can post on? Or forums for other online pool games we can advertise on? Lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:48 Mon 9 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Some mates were playing it during IT lessons at school and I started as well, then admin blocked it and I carried on playing it at home. Dont know how they found it though!
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
18:52 Mon 9 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I was walking through Newton aycliffe one day whilst working there, and i heard this commotion and an oldish bloke running away with some teenagers in pursuit shouting " kill him", the bloke was running and shouting help me mousey please, the bloke then climbed a tree, whilst his girlfriend and a couple of ladies on there way to the bingo walloped them with there handbags,and sent them packing.
The teenagers then told me about funkypool
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Where did you hear about Funky? -Sponsored by Chips n' Gravy

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.