Top Captains

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
01:02 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
"Oh I must be such a naff Captain - see the players on the team list - I signed/got them aboard EVERY single one of them and IF I hear faust started his team from scratch again...guess what...we all did! Do you think teams are just passed on to us.? LOL "

You do have a very good team, but they haven't progressed and have underachieved. Not every team started from scratch and quite a few have come about from the remnants of an old clan. Like Knights largely coming from Phoenix, Pros from MVP and PDs from Mouseketeeers (I think) to name a few current ones. Uprising grew from a team at the bottom of the table to one at the top, which only really can be compared with UB's rise from the bottom. Most other clans come in at a certain level and stay around that level (Pros always at the top, Phoenix/Knights come in the level below the title challengers and are still there). I think that is what is meant by starting from scratch.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
01:02 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Most of your good Captain attributes describe someone who's a 'doormat', maybe that's why MVP, Pros & Uprising have been so successful. Sorry I do not and will never conform to your 'perfect criteria'

As long as my team and it's players continue to try their best, enjoy what they are doing and can accumulate challenging results then my ability to Captain and Alex's means absolutely nothing. TEAM 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

IF being a doormat makes you a Top Captain and jumping when others say so - then I'd rather be a Bad Captain any day of the week and stand on my own two feet instead of being propped up by others.

Each to their own and in this diverse day and age it's good and appropriate to accept everyone (that includes me and how I operate).
erigert
erigert
01:17 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Youre a bad captain cause u folded two clans and also u find silly and hypocrite excuses not to play games. Not surprised why u have a high number of defaults despite having an active team.
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
01:19 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Every captain runs their team different, I once ran the crazzy clan even before MVP and we won the league two seasons on the run. The difference was we all enjoyed playing pool win or lose and remembered that we won't walk away with the town hall clock if we win or lose the league! Something I think has gone missing for quite sometime here in clans!

I really enjoy banter and being competitive I don't like losing 14-1 which has happened a lot, however I have also won a few. I think most captains these days take the game far to serious and this leads to being over competitive.

I hold my hands out to all captains that take their time out to run a team and you all work as hard as each other so I won't vote who is better, again we are a community of different personalities and inevitable not everyone will get on.

But remember stop the personal stuff off the forums as new members don't want the 'clan runners & old time members' bickering over stupid silly arguments.

My vote is for you all, here is some advice write down how much time you spend posting fixtures and games and then do the same on replying to petty fights and then compare this versus the time you play in the game! I think most of you will be shocked.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:21 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
like^^^^
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
01:22 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It's nothing close to being a doormat though, being respectful and polite go further than anything else for a captain. None of those captains are doormats, all stand up for themselves where appropriate - there's a difference though between that and being awkward with games, playing the victim and then kicking off at every chance. A lack of respect for others is not a good quality, nor is a "them versus us" attitude. Fortunately the community is diverse and no one is ever ostracised.

Everyone is entitled to their own approach, the best ones last and those not good enough don't last out a season.

Edited at 22:26 Mon 01/06/15 (BST)
kris
kris
01:24 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Every captain runs their team different, I once ran the crazzy clan even before MVP and we won the league two seasons on the run. The difference was we all enjoyed playing pool win or lose and remembered that we won't walk away with the town hall clock if we win or lose the league! Something I think has gone missing for quite sometime here in clans!

I really enjoy banter and being competitive I don't like losing 14-1 which has happened a lot, however I have also won a few. I think most captains these days take the game far to serious and this leads to being over competitive.

I hold my hands out to all captains that take their time out to run a team and you all work as hard as each other so I won't vote who is better, again we are a community of different personalities and inevitable not everyone will get on.

But remember stop the personal stuff off the forums as new members don't want the 'clan runners & old time members' bickering over stupid silly arguments.

My vote is for you all, here is some advice write down how much time you spend posting fixtures and games and then do the same on replying to petty fights and then compare this versus the time you play in the game! I think most of you will be shocked.

very well said man
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:26 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It's nothing close to being a doormat though, being respectful and polite go further than anything else for a captain. None of those captains are doormats, all stand up for themselves where appropriate - there's a difference though between that and being awkward with games, playing the victim and then kicking off at every chance. A lack of respect for others is not a good quality. Fortunately the community is diverse and no one is ever ostracised.

Everyone is entitled to their own approach, the best ones last and those not good enough don't last out a season.

Im still here as captain lol struggling team which is now kind of active lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:32 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
And yes good post Crazzymadman....
punkpoet
punkpoet
01:48 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
"Oh I must be such a naff Captain - see the players on the team list - I signed/got them aboard EVERY single one of them and IF I hear faust started his team from scratch again...guess what...we all did! Do you think teams are just passed on to us.? LOL "

You do have a very good team, but they haven't progressed and have underachieved. Not every team started from scratch and quite a few have come about from the remnants of an old clan. Like Knights largely coming from Phoenix, Pros from MVP and PDs from Mouseketeeers (I think) to name a few current ones. Uprising grew from a team at the bottom of the table to one at the top, which only really can be compared with UB's rise from the bottom. Most other clans come in at a certain level and stay around that level (Pros always at the top, Phoenix/Knights come in the level below the title challengers and are still there). I think that is what is meant by starting from scratch.

Correct, 20 Bonus points to Zak ;).
Though I class the 2 seasons as Mouses as PD's tbh.
But a good example.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:19 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Best captain I've played for is Ash. Regardless of the controversy and drama always associated with him, he does a great job with his team, and always looks for ways to make the team run better. There is also feeling of togetherness, although toward the end of this season it has taken a bit of a shake which I don't think is anyone in particular's fault.

I think thegame26 is doing great with pros, but it is hard to compare teams like pros, where most of the players are pretty much serious veterans, and other teams that have to herd the cattle that are new players.

buckjam is solid and shows that a team doesn't have to be the best to still compete and have fun.

Honestly, I don't think any of the current captains are bad. They all have good qualities and run their teams well.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
02:33 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Thank you mate - means a lot seeing as you've only been a player of mine for this season. Already staying for the next so I thank you for that too. I am very opinionated, probably too opinionated but I'd rather show and speak up than just be a passenger in a game.

I admit I need to kerb it, but I will never lose the stance of representing myself and the team as best I can. I however, do need to become a better role model, so that be playing matches or posts on threads. I will try. (all I can do)

Delighted to have some support and I know the rest of the team fully support me too, even some outsiders but they wont speak up - due to possible ridicule or abuse. (Sad world really)

the__priest
the__priest
03:41 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Shooters won the FBL and FCL titles in one season
and would have done a clean sweep and won both cups
if it hadn't been for people running the leagues

started with average players, built the squad and smashed the leagues, UPs are hardly special are they really

Sinners never lost an FCL match against anyone and still didn't win the league
another fact

so really its nothing to brag about, building a team

I would give Sarah, Chris and Jules one of the biggest applause on here
taking players, new to clans, and keeping teams alive

people have lost the sense of fun in clans
it wasn't that long ago posting pics having a giggle was standard
but certain people didn't like it and decided to wreck these clans, that's what's wrong with clan pool its so serious

over the years teams, clans were all about fun
now its about insults, bullying etc

why not try to lighten up clan pool, have a giggle
and if you don't like it, post nothing, but some people are hell bent on killing clans.

if you've nothing to offer don't post anything

the sooner FP get a grip of this concept the better

its an online game to relax and have a giggle
but with a competitive edge
some people aren't happy unless they are destroying peoples lives, deal with these people and FP may have a chance of coming back

any team who offers a threat, seems to get destroyed
its a pack mentality that needs stopping. same people season in season out

deal with them please

Edited at 00:44 Tue 02/06/15 (BST)
the__priest
the__priest
04:01 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
zante I read your post what makes a good captain

1) a role model for others to follow as in a good captain
how you put yourselves in that bracket beggars belief
winning at any cost and I wont bring back the cheating your clan did
but don't put yourselves up there, with respectable captains, they may not have won titles but they achieved more doing less, keeping a clan in a league when they get slaughtered every fixture, to me is more of a success's than
cheating at all costs to win a title

2) confrontational personalities
wow that is an understatement, have you ever thought for a moment why they are that way
I've read many of your posts to say the least confrontational
but now you appear to be a saint, think you need to read back over the seasons some of your posts.
people become confrontational for many reasons
blatant cheating, form league runners and people on default panels yes it maybe a while ago but its fact
funny as well everything id said for seasons was ignored
then wow out of the blue mich spilled the beans
and onevisit became an overnight legend

the same people who were in that circle knowing what was
going on suddenly moved a way so none of it stuck

reading some posts on here makes me laugh
clans made out to be whiter than white, angels

lol really, don't judge who is and who isn't good captains
just lighten the leagues up and let people breathe

without the pack mentality
trust me FP will be a better place
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
04:10 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Doormats lol, you obviously didnt know us when MVP were around, we stood up for our clan and players but were fair and respected other clans, we had arguments and enjoyed winding up the odd captain but there was none of this personal stuff that certain captains resort to now.
You dont have to win things or have the best players in your clan to be a top captain, its about getting things done with minimum hassle, having respect and working wth other clans, having respect for all your players and remember they are the most important people in your clan, not you as captain, without them you wouldnt have a clan, treat all your players as equals and trust them all to play, whether thats from the start or subbing in.
Some captains take the fun out of clans because winning is more important than having fun and enjoying a great site.
The thing that really annoys me about certain captains is swap reversing, if I as a captain want to swap my players round who does a captain think he is reversing it ?, its my players leave it alone lol, captains doing this and stopping games getting played shouldnt expect a mention on this thread.
Theres a few good captains around at the moment but I wont name them, I'll let you read the above and decide if your a good captain.

Doing whatever it takes to get fixtures/games completed on an online pool site doesnt make you a doormat.

Edited at 01:22 Tue 02/06/15 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:13 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks ab_rfc

i do try

lmao
punkpoet
punkpoet
04:39 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Thank you mate - means a lot seeing as you've only been a player of mine for this season. Already staying for the next so I thank you for that too. I am very opinionated, probably too opinionated but I'd rather show and speak up than just be a passenger in a game.

I admit I need to kerb it, but I will never lose the stance of representing myself and the team as best I can. I however, do need to become a better role model, so that be playing matches or posts on threads. I will try. (all I can do)

Delighted to have some support and I know the rest of the team fully support me too, even some outsiders but they wont speak up - due to possible ridicule or abuse. (Sad world really)

What about the abuse and ridicule you give others? Lol.
Does it not matter?

also dealing withone of your top caps is very difficult... sighs.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
04:40 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
That was taken out of context as I really shouldn't comment on teams I have no actual idea about so on that premise I rescind my comparison to a doormat for MVP.

I do agree with most you have said Alan and do acknowledge most if not all the time you speak with much sense and reasoning.

Do I think I'm a good Captain? - Hell No - I were just using what I deem to be 'set criteria' for cliques to feel they are judge and jury over anyone who could be seem as an outcast. The doormat analogy were meant to support my thinking, not ridicule nor slate any team or entity i know nothing about.

Just like my school (Primary) report for years *must/can do better lol
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
04:46 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  

What about the abuse and ridicule you give others? Lol.
Does it not matter?

also dealing withone of your top caps is very difficult... sighs.

Course it does and i totally acknowledge that - otherwise I would be rightly called a hypocrite. I'm not perfect, far from it. I need to channel my aggression, not take the bait and also not set the traps too. First part of any improvement is to recognize where some or a few of my failings are, there are plenty of others but i'll try work on a few at a time.

I thought I'd been pretty mellow and quiet this season, then all Hell broke loose. Time to calm down again now. I'm not gonna make excuses like i usually do - I've simply just been an idiot.
punkpoet
punkpoet
04:59 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Fair enough
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Top Captains

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.