Funkypool Rice Krispie Awards 2015!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
00:41 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
We've all seen Sports Personality of the Year awards, now it's time for the funkypool awards! This is a thread to celebrate the achievements of all on the site this year so lets have fun and no arguments guys!

Mine's gonna be a bit long winded coz I'm bored and have nothing to do right now lol, but feel free to put as much or as little as you want.

Edited at 22:51 Sun 20/12/15 (GMT)
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
00:50 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Captain of the year: If I was choosing my favorite captain, punkpoet all the way, but based on the achievements of the captains this year, it's gotta be faust. His team hasn't changed much over the past few seasons, which is a clear indication that his players enjoy it there, but his team still seems to get stronger every year. He made some real nice additions last season, and the fact he's managed to sustain such a strong team is testament to his quality as a captain.

Honorable mentions: Everyone who's captained a team this season.

Newcomer of the year: Gotta be fresh, he's really made an impression this season, although I've only played him a couple of times, what I've seen was absolute quality.

Honorable mentions: payback, tupac, off_white

Improved player of the year: Klien I think deserves this. He's clearly got better and pulled off some good unexpected results this season.

Honorable mentions, bonfireheart, re_rack_jack, pacman, friendyboy

Underrated player of the year: After a bit of thought I'd say giants, he's not quite held in the same regard as the top players on here but he can be very hard to beat and will punish anyone if you make mistakes.

Honorable mentions: trats

Player of the year: turtle, For whatever reason he's not quite at the standard he was for the 1st half of the year, but make no mistake, when this guy was at his best, he was unstoppable, and even at 80% he's still top 5 lol!

Honorable mentions: w_hoolahan, fresh, beenjammin

Edited at 22:56 Sun 20/12/15 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:20 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
nice thread mate, Fresh isn't a newcomer though, i thought he was but then found out he played in the past. I would say possibly 2pac for Newcomer.

Captain of Season for me goes to buckjam, while faust has done great with the clean sweep and is up there with the best, i pick buckjam as no one expected FPD to do as well this season as they have. Good side for next season too.

Most successful Captain goes to several individuals for me including

- punkpoet (Most successful Captain on Pool and my rival on Snooker, 5 years and still going, may them continue for a very long time)
- faust (Risen a clan from nowhere into the New Pros) thegame26/beenjammin/mattywellie (When Pros was dominant, the new MVP at the time)
- Myself and Seb (Snooker Squad being Unbeaten in Super League, reminds me of UT/Wipeout who always fell short in main comps to MVP)

and lastly a player no one would say...

- horse10000 and ab_rfc (MVP the greatest clan in Pool History for me)
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
01:42 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well hardly anyone on here is a newcomer to the truest sense of the terms definition, but with so few new players joining the site now, I saw no issue with adding guys like fresh and payback, who've had accounts in the past but had long periods of time been inactive.
faust
faust
02:07 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Captain of the year: Obviously myself. Easily the best captain in the history of funkypool with a towering intellect, an unrivalled wit and possesing the statue-esque perfection of a Greek God. Close the nominations for this category now!

Newcomer of the year: Not much to choose from here. The only genuine newcomer I can think of is 2pac786, and I don't really count funkysnooker players as newcomers.

Improved player of the year: _niall_. To come 2nd in the FCL golden cue was way beyond anything I expected. And a huge improvement on the prior season.

Underrated player of the year: Trying not to pick another Uprising player, but to be fair I know much more about them than any outside of the clan. So I'll pick ritcho, as whever I stick him in a monumental game he comes up trumps, as he did again for us this season dispatching dvz.

Player of the year: whocares8x8. At times almost singlehandedly won matches for FPD's, and came away with the Players Champs too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:36 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Captain of the year: buckjam

Through thick and thin, he has been on to sort us with something good. Signing 4-5 decent players and myself. Which lead to a great run in the SL league , where we got to the semi-finals, and narrowly lost out. Also getting a team 'the underdogs of the competition to the final, where we only lost 10-4. Congratulations buckjam mate, you deserve this award.

Improved player of the year: buckjam

The only reason I'm saying this, due to his results within the GSC. He had pressure on himself and he prevailed victoriously. So he deserves. If I was too arrogant. I would pick myself, but my clan results have been shocking.
Congratulations Buckjam again for your second award

Underrated Player of the Year: the__saint

Easily the most underrated player of the year, She has pulled out some massive results, also being part of the FPD A team that went all the way to the playoffs. Joelene is a fantastic player on the overall.

Worst Player of the Year: fr34k_p0t

Honestly my worst performance in clan history. That's why i deserve this. Coming last in FBL GC and many more shocking results.

Player of the year:

Nominations: whocares8x8, turtle and w_hoolahan

Match of the year: whocares8x8 vs clifton188 (Players Championship Final)

'OMG' moment of the year: buckjam winning 7-5 in the GSC to put FPD through to the semi-Finals

HOF inductee: onua0767 and ladysapphire
apples_back
apples_back
03:05 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well hardly anyone on here is a newcomer to the truest sense of the terms definition, but with so few new players joining the site now, I saw no issue with adding guys like fresh and payback, who've had accounts in the past but had long periods of time been inactive.

that's flawed because you never know truly how inactive someone has been
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
03:40 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Captain- Faust and buckjam the fun factor and winningt

Faust for assemblinpyg the best team and keeping them all Happy

Buckjam for balancing the fun factor and competettetiveness, and producing a sustainable clan.

Kris and james overacheived with what they had at there disposal andvdid brill just to get through season

Punk has made a sustainable clan as as ash but both underachieved wi h what they had available player wise

Best player- seb

Newcomer- saint

Improved- erigerts improved massively

Underrated- klien, niall
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
04:29 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Captain: buckjam
Newcomer: 2pac786
Improved: thegame26
Best Player: _fresh_: Brilliant player and top person too & clifton188 - most runouts in the SL
Under Rated: crazy_greg, joeyy & the__saint
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
10:38 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

that's flawed because you never know truly how inactive someone has been

What's the point picking anyone then lol?
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
18:04 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
the_saint is a good shout for underrated tbh, I didn't think of him coz I never underrate him as he's always given me all I can handle haha. joeyy is also a good shout for underrated as he's well up there with the best but kind of gets forgotten about a bit.
faust
faust
18:22 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
the_saint is a good shout for underrated tbh, I didn't think of him coz I never underrate him as he's always given me all I can handle haha. joeyy is also a good shout for underrated as he's well up there with the best but kind of gets forgotten about a bit.

the__saint is female mate. joeyy isn't underrated. He's never, ever even dropped a single frame that wasn't entirely down to bad luck!!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
18:33 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's your opinion, I'm entitled to mine andI happen to think he is not only under rated but under estimated.
faust
faust
18:41 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's your opinion, I'm entitled to mine andI happen to think he is not only under rated but under estimated.

Can you explain the difference between underrated and underestimated?
clifton188
clifton188
20:15 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Same meaning but used in different context no?
i_am_noob
i_am_noob
21:38 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Underrated is more general as in joeyy is an Underrated player

Underestimated is a specific time like I underestimated joeyy in this match.
i_am_noob
i_am_noob
21:39 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Or in grammatical terms, underrated is an adjective and underestimated is a past tense verb.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
21:40 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

the__saint is female mate. joeyy isn't underrated. He's never, ever even dropped a single frame that wasn't entirely down to bad luck!!

Oh whoops, sorry saint haha. and fair enough man everyone is entitled to their opinion
faust
faust
22:04 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Or in grammatical terms, underrated is an adjective and underestimated is a past tense verb.

Actually Noobster, both words are synonyms when used as verbs. Underrated can be either a verb or an adjective. The dictionary definition of both words is almost incidental. To use both, you would have to include who is "underestimated" at the end of the sentence. As it stands, the verb "underestimated" doesn't have a subject.
i_am_noob
i_am_noob
22:24 Mon 21 Dec 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Actually Noobster, both words are synonyms when used as verbs. Underrated can be either a verb or an adjective. The dictionary definition of both words is almost incidental. To use both, you would have to include who is "underestimated" at the end of the sentence. As it stands, the verb "underestimated" doesn't have a subject.

That is true, but Ash used both as adjectives. To be used as verbs they would have to be preceded by the simple "was" or the past perfect "has been"
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Funkypool Rice Krispie Awards 2015!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.