Phoenix Revenge: GSC Champions - "A great achievement by ALL, Past, Present & New".

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 17475
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
21:00 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
It has nothing to do with who we can play, we don't have anyone...but that suits you and Uprising down to the ground.

Man you make me sick!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:09 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
For us, 9 pm is too late as Killer can last 2 hours or more because of 5v5 v5. If it was 3v3v3 then i would agree with 9 pm as games don't take as long.

You're right 8 pm suits us and Uprising as 9 pm is too late for us with Killer potential length. But i disagree with the players statement though as in past Subs were manipulated to get favorable fixtures so as you did it in the League previously, then i can't trust that thats the reason for 9 pm.
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
21:14 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
ash you posted that 8.30pm would be better yourself , 2 days ago
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:16 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Surely we're all trying to get a time to suit our own players? isn't that the point?

It's been said many times by our players that they would like earlier starts because a lot work mornings so 10-11pm isn't a good time to finish for us. It's not unreasonable for people to not want a late finish on a Sunday when they have work and have to sort kids for school. I would say that includes more people than it doesn't include. Why not have a daytime game for once or an early evening so that it's not just the same crowd of people?

Since Sunday night has such a bone of contention around it. Perhaps another day? There's always a kick off about deadline day fixtures so why not play over a week before the deadline? I mean, 20 past 6 on a Thursday night suits me
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:23 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
lol mate

Yeah, it is the point mate but only 2-3 of our team has posted about Killer so not sure when our best time is. Logic is reason i said no as 9 pm, 2 hour Killer, 11 pm finish. Not great.

If it was 3 of each then my Logic would be destroyed and i would most likely agree before knowing their availability.

Due to Logic, 9 pm isn't good for us
buckjam
buckjam
21:25 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
lol mate

Yeah, it is the point mate but only 2-3 of our team has posted about Killer so not sure when our best time is. Logic is reason i said no as 9 pm, 2 hour Killer, 11 pm finish. Not great.

If it was 3 of each then my Logic would be destroyed and i would most likely agree before knowing their availability.

Due to Logic, 9 pm isn't good for us

When you start using words like "logic" around Ash he starts demanding you talk in english
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:27 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Well surely we all have a rough idea of what times our players play? I know I've played several players from both teams this season who could play afternoons/evenings so it's not unreasonable to field 5 players from each. If everyone tries to get their best 5 in then it's pretty obvious that an agreement will be unlikely!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:32 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah, we just use what is free, sure i want dvz and harry to play but if they can't make it, we use reserves as while best to play is good and maximises your chances of winning, you can have some success with reserves as well (DFE/Pros, last season, got 2nd with some reserves).

If best couldn't play, no biggy. Pick a time, ask players to show and can only try your best.

Generally evenings i'd say for Killer, Time isn't normally an issue except when it is late but the two hour potential killer time, puts me off 9 pm.
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
21:33 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm not trying to sabotage anyone's dreams to get their best players in, dvz and harry are both fine with whatever time, but there are other players to think of. 9pm start, by the time it actually does start, is late for a Sunday evening for some people when the game could go on 2 plus hours.

8.30 was a little better and something I'd have agreed with because it was a compromise, now that's not good enough and it has to be 9pm!?! Keith will have to decide I guess.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:48 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
What if we play earlier like way earlier noon or 1 uk time ?
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
21:54 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  

2pacs cricketing
that's 10 hours behind friendyboys kids bedtime, don't think his mum knows any nursery rhymes
legend pots nocturnall
ash looks outer window till 930 make sure that kid he owes twenty quid for monkey dust int outside
kris
kris
22:10 Thu 12 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  

2pacs cricketing
that's 10 hours behind friendyboys kids bedtime, don't think his mum knows any nursery rhymes
legend pots nocturnall
ash looks outer window till 930 make sure that kid he owes twenty quid for monkey dust int outside

pmsl
friendyboy
friendyboy
02:12 Fri 13 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  

2pacs cricketing
legend pots nocturnall

All valid reasons compared to yours which would be "I'm in a queue to buy a 48" monitor, so I can lose in style".
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
02:16 Fri 13 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL - oops no i forgot my HDMI cable for my Motel room.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
03:28 Fri 13 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Grand Slam Final
Phoenix Revenge (1) vs (1) Uprising

FCL: legend_pot vs dv8
FCL: _fresh_ vs cgibson92
SL: joeyy vs corsair
SL: _gerardddd_ vs r1p0m4n_v2 (Thurs/Sun)
8us (10 Racks): friendyboy vs miss_harriet
9us (12 Racks): 2pac786 vs fran_
8uk (10 Racks): andyw1 (1) vs (1) dark_chocco (5-5)
Str: (4 Racks) rapid_pot vs clifton188

Deadline: 22/05/2016

Note: SL fixtures are 4 x 8us, 9us & 8uk plus Bonuses

Good Luck Guys...C'mon Phoenix!!!

Mega quiet atm guys, hope these are being arranged
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
03:28 Fri 13 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Bit of Fun: Scores Updated

http://challonge.com/simplyphoenix

Draw: Round 1 Remaining

h50 vs mich
2pac786 vs friendyboy
joeyy vs _fresh_
legend_pot vs dead_silence
mr_tumble vs rapid_pot

No Deadline's: they will be implemented should no fixtures get played but I'm sure they won't be necessary.

* Be awesome if this can be completed - depending on this competitions success I may have other ideas in the pipeline.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
04:13 Fri 13 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Simply Phoenix - _gerardddd_ (5) vs (7) shadows

Result from earlier tonight, sounds and looked like a cracker tbh - _gerardddd_ created an emphatic lead to go 5-0 up only for shadows to capitalize on a few mistakes and produce some brilliance in 8uk to not only recover the deficit but win 7-5 overall. He got an 8uk Run-out too followed with a 7 balling the next frame.

Well played to you both, very unlucky Gerard mate but just goes to show, with some inner steel and belief (plus luck along the way) no match is ever over until it is mathematically.

Good game guys. cheers for playing both,
faust
faust
10:13 Fri 13 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
It has nothing to do with who we can play, we don't have anyone...but that suits you and Uprising down to the ground.

Man you make me sick!

LOL! Ideally, we want 7. DFE wants 8. And you want 9. Of course everyone's conspiring against Phoenix and the only fair time to start is 9pm right? Selfish much?

If the default time is picked at 9 under these circumstances - it will be a disgrace.
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
15:31 Fri 13 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL - oops no i forgot my HDMI cable for my Motel room.

When your working away,last thng your thi king about when packing is an HDMI cable, I needed the hdmi cable to play as no screen on laptop

Bit different to hiding in a flat for a year cos u owed twenty quid out lmao
joeyy
joeyy
18:29 Fri 13 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I know you wanted me to play in this but I work sunday evenings If it was saturday that would be better if it has to be a weekend
Pages: 17475
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Phoenix Revenge: GSC Champions - "A great achievement by ALL, Past, Present & New".

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.