Phoenix Revenge: GSC Champions - "A great achievement by ALL, Past, Present & New".

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18889
rapid_pot
rapid_pot
01:23 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
rapid 3 - 0 eri (straight)

we didn't play the last one as it was over.

ggs mate, cheers for subbing in so quickly. I was playing OK, had a few unlucky breaks. He just couldn't get going today, he had a few chances to take racks but always ended up having to pot a tight cut and they didn't drop for him today.

Well done team!
_gerardddd_
_gerardddd_
01:33 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Nice one mate

Well done bridesmaids
i_am_noob
i_am_noob
01:35 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Nice one mate

Well done bridesmaids

LOL LOL
_gerardddd_
_gerardddd_
01:36 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
There's no need to be upset noob
i_am_noob
i_am_noob
01:38 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
There's no need to be upset noob

Crying from laughter m8 lol
_gerardddd_
_gerardddd_
01:39 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
That's good mate lol
friendyboy
friendyboy
01:40 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Well done lads, finally got our reward for the hard work over the past few seasons. Great result rapid, never in doubt tbh.

Hopefully next season, we can all push for that illusive fcl.

Congratulations guys, go have a warm Carlsberg to celebrate!! (I've had mine, wasn't great lol)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
01:51 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Brilliant result Adam mate, 3-0 vs erigert at any time is great as he's a class player himself but to do it in the Final of a CUP which we have now WON overall is sensational.

WOW Phoenix Revenge we did it, after many seasons of being referred to as failures we have won something. I'd like to thank you all individually even those players who aren't available for the team or have moved to other teams. ALL your contributions have enabled the team to be as it is now and that's what I define as GREAT - we have had some really tough fixtures this GSC, taken to a Playoff vs DFE (ever strengthening team), came so close to being knocked out only for shadows to turn the fixture on it's head and us winning the rest.

It's also very satisfying beating our arch rivals in the final - I won't gloat and rub it in as I'm not that shallow. The final was only great as both teams made it so - thanks to all their players for playing and I look forward to the next time we meet and hopefully we can push even harder to achieve the FCL and FBL. (Thanks Stu and your team)

I'm delighted we've won and I dedicate this WIN to a GREAT squad of players we have, top loyalty and every player giving their best for the team and making my role soooo easy.

Thanks guys and Well Done.

We go again next season and we have IMO lost a top player and friend in shadows but managed to bring in 4 quality ones also. (mich, dead_silence, kirk & mr_tumble) (more to follow)

Champions!!!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
01:58 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Grand Slam Cup Final
Phoenix Revenge (10) vs (6) Uprising - Complete

FCL: legend_pot (0) vs (2) dv8 (7-8)
FCL: _fresh_ (2) vs (0) _niall_ (s) (8-3)
SL: joeyy (2)vs (0)corsair (8-5)
SL: _gerardddd_ (2) vs (0) r1p0m4n_v2 (7-6)
8us (10 Racks): friendyboy (0) vs (2) miss_harriet (2-6)
9us (12 Racks): 2pac786 (1) vs (1) fran_ (6-6)
8uk (10 Racks): andyw1 (1) vs (1) dark_chocco (5-5)
Str: (4 Racks) rapid_pot (2) vs (0) erigert (s) (3-0)

Deadline: 22/05/2016
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:03 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Well done on the win, its about time Phoenix won with the star power you guys has had. Said for past two seasons that Phoenix had the star power to win a title and it happened, was worried with the people that is leaving that it was now or never but proved me wrong which i like.

Now you won your first title you can aim higher and win a league that has been eluding you for seasons.

This isn't an argument (just to clarify as i'm posting on Phoenix) but i'm swallowing my pride to say congratulations on a job well done.
2pac786
2pac786
02:23 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Phew! Well done guys! Awesome effort from everyone. I'm glad my decision earlier didn't backfire :P
_fresh_
_fresh_
02:32 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Course not mate, you made a very sporting decision, massive respect for that and the team could never argue that decision.

As you said irrelevant now as the titles is ours, huge congrats to everyone on the team, great effort guys, and well done to uprising for pushing us so close, about time we got one happy to beat the best in the final and hopefully push you on all fronts next season
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
02:39 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Mate it's a team effort - you did what you felt right at that time, it was done and was very sporting of you to make especially in a Final. Speaking of final......we just won one - you winning the deciding match in the Semi Final vs allypunk made this so also taking it to a nail biting Playoff. Cheers matey.

You've had a very good season and imo are improving every time you play on the tables - pleasure to have you in this team - awesome addition.

_knightmare_
_knightmare_
02:42 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Admin/Mods: Can we have our Thread Title amended to:

Phoenix Revenge: GSC Champions - "A great achievement by ALL, Past, Present & New".

Cheers.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
03:08 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
http://www.funkypool.com/thread/20427/eurofunky-2016-a-competition-with-a-difference-open-for-all

Only 5 spaces to go - 1st Come, 1st Serve - offline message me if interested please.

Thanks.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:06 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Congrats on winning the GSC well done all
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
06:05 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks whoever changed the title, much appreciated

Phoenix 'Not Grim @ ALL' Reapers.

_knightmare_ (Captain)
friendyboy (Co Captain)
_fresh_ (Vice)
legend_pot (Vice)
rapid_pot
joeyy
2pac786
mich
dead_silence
_gerardddd_
andyw1
mr_tumble
jmx
kirk (sub)
TBA/C
TBA/C
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
12:50 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
A little momento guys - - Add them to your Profile if you like: (just copy the links minus the IMG's )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think they look kool.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:03 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
great season lads im glad me being banned didnt have an effect on the final u all played well and we deserved that win . even if im aloud to play next season im finished in clans now but has been a great few season by fair the best bunch of lads iv played with ......up the phoenix
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
13:12 Mon 23 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Mate the pleasure has been mine and the teams to have you with us for many a season. Shame your clan career ended the way it did but delighted we won and you whether you participated in the final or not still played in the earlier rounds and contributed greatly. So a fitting finale for you to end as a Champion.

Thanks for all your efforts & continued loyalty to me and my teams - regardless what anyone else says about you...I think you're quality & so does everyone on this team.

Pages: 18889
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.