Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15556
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:52 Sun 28 Jun 09 (BST)  [Link]  
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/8122711.stm

Some justice at least! Burger should of been red carded....
andrewboiii
andrewboiii
08:36 Sat 4 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
i agree with 1_eye he should have been red carded not yellow card
andrewboiii
andrewboiii
09:39 Sat 4 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Shane Williams is playing awsome and scored two tries
andrewboiii
andrewboiii
11:09 Sat 4 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Lions won 28 - 9
but they didnt win the 1st or 2nd game
_niall_
_niall_
11:33 Sat 4 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Wonderful Lions performance today, not a single bad player on the pitch, Phillips (my MOTM), Sheridan, Heaslip and Kearney the stand-out performers for me. Obviously hugely disappointing to lose the series, but a lot of pride and respect well-earned there!
andrewboiii
andrewboiii
11:36 Sat 4 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
shane williams was playing awsome and his second try was the best
Phillips was not a back in the game he was a foward if you seen it at the last 10 mins
_niall_
_niall_
11:40 Sat 4 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Williams played well, his 2 tries were on a plate for him though, thanks to Heaslip and Flutey! Phillips was outstanding all over the park, the complete performance, and roughing the South Africans up too, loved it
andrewboiii
andrewboiii
11:59 Sat 4 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
i agree with you with all of it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:25 Sat 4 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
I think any player criticised by anyone, including myself, has done themselves proud today. A truely oustanding performance by the whole team.

Philips, not so much for his passing and playing, but purely for his passion has to be MOTM, awsome, showing the boks what we're all about!

Mathmatically, didn't we win over the whole series? lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:02 Sun 5 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/8134709.stm

A 6'8 Shaw accidentally runs over a 5'11 scrum half and is banned for two weeks. Burger tries to gouge Fizgeralds eyes out with boths hands but is given a paltry 8 weeks. Welcome to South African rugby, where all is fair......
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:00 Mon 6 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes well done to the Lions for winning when it didn't matter.

How very Brittish of us indeed.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:08 Mon 6 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Should have won the other Tests, think the ref made a mistake in not showing Burger a straight red for eye gouging, it was seen, it's illegal and everyone knows it, straight red. Doesn't matter if it's 1st minute or 80th minute

As for Shaw's yellow, did look like he may have slipped on him at first, but looking at it again, possibly did chuck the knees in, no need to go over the top of him anyway
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:07 Mon 6 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
yes, we should of won.

How very British of us indeed.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:58 Mon 10 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Being a Liverpool fan you'd know all about that, wouldn't you!?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/harlequins/8191209.stm

Something which left me rather angry. Burger gets 8 weeks for trying to gouge someone's eyes out. Quins player gets a year ban for faking an injury so he can be subbed.

I understand the need to punish Harlequins and their player but a bit of a disparity in levels of threat and punishment! I think the world governing bodies need to take a long look at themselves.

Burger will be back playing in South Africa's next game, which in my opinion is a disgrace - the man should of been banned for a year at the very least.

End of rant.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:45 Tue 18 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Rugby is a sport for men?

Rugby is a fair sport?

Players don't cheat in rugby?

Players only cheat in football?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kC6SsVArwmU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kC6SsVArwmU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

And the ban has been reduced for Williams from 1 year to 4 months, while Richards has been banned from worldwide rugby for 3 years.

And to be honest, it is cheating John, whatever you say, a lengthy ban is a must for the behaviour.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:05 Wed 19 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Why you asking all those questions? Where in my post have I said the cheating should be unpunished?

Rugby has the biggest cheats in the game. CCheating and getting away with it is what it's all about. However their is a fine line on what's acceptable cheating and not. This incident isn't acceptable and should of been punished.

My argument is the disparity in punishments. Burger could of seriously injured someone, ruined a career and yet is given a palty 8 week ban. When you put it in comparison it highlights something wrong in the laws.

As for your other questions........
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:01 Sat 22 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Watching trinations right now, the all blacks haka wasn't as scary as usually
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:49 Sat 22 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah I'm watching that game too! NZ got lucky at the end there, was a blatent penalty, should of been a yellow card!

Leicester Tigers started their season with a win over Cardiff Blues. Always good to go into Wales and come back with a result - especially against a class team like the Blues!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:16 Sat 22 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
the one foul within 3 meters of the goal line? yeah i thought it shoulda been a yellow too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:57 Sat 22 Aug 09 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
Yeah I'm watching that game too! NZ got lucky at the end there, was a blatent penalty, should of been a yellow card!

Leicester Tigers started their season with a win over Cardiff Blues. Always good to go into Wales and come back with a result - especially against a class team like the Blues!

Was great to see 15 thousand people turn out to watch it. Leicester put out a much stronger team, was actually suprised they didn't win by more.

Ospreys beat Leeds in their warm up game before they travel to Connacht. Played well and looked threatening, again with not such a strong team out. The depth we have is scary, right up there with any other club team in the world at the moment ! Bet we will still suck though.
Pages: 15556
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Real Men Only! (And Women) Rugby chat.

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.