(IP Logged)
08:46 Sat 25 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Im liking the new colours Nick its not so harsh on the eyes now

oh and im pleased someone actually liked my idea hehe
nick
nick
Admin
08:51 Sat 25 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Are all the problems related to the colours as opposed to the layouts?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:54 Sat 25 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
methinks they are Nick

they where too bright to begin with, but now that its been toned down a bit it is better, like the grey backgrounds on here instead of the yellow and pink.

Think people still want the colours
<<<<< there to be changed tho to a darker colour maybe??

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:20 Sat 25 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Change the font to a bolder one on stats and player names and i will have a big plate of somtum delivered to you.
nick
nick
Admin
10:11 Sat 25 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Actually the font size is taken from your browser chosen font size. You can click View then Text size and choose your default. Try this, please let me know if it sorts your problem.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:16 Sat 25 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I've just tried that Nick, helps alot, even with the white writing on the blue background...something as simple as that!! Thnx!
pool_life
pool_life
10:40 Sat 25 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree.
cool_dude
cool_dude
10:56 Sat 25 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just a small thing, the link to the moderating team page is not on the home page anymore, is that going to be added?
nick
nick
Admin
12:02 Sat 25 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nope, not to be added on home page (it doesn't really fit, home page is now pretty simple). It's still accessible via Help centre though!

By the way, the colour scheme is maybe 10% of the work that has gone on recently and fairly easy to change (it's all in a control style sheet, the exception being some images to provide rounded corners).

The website is much more consistent across pages now - and a lot of forms work better now (form handling is greatly improved). There are only 3 types of table used in the website, previously there were around 12.

Regarding this page, there's a few options:
(1) show avaters for all
(2) show avaters if person has avater
(3) show avater for topic originator (as spinner mentioned)
(4) no avaters

By the way it is deliberate that the avater part and the text block don't line up. It mimics a speach bubble. Lining the parts up is no more or less difficult than what's here now.

Edited at 18:12 Sat 25/11/06 (GMT)
spinner
spinner
Admin
12:45 Sat 25 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well, i'll vote for either 3 or 4. With 3 being preferred for obvious reasons!
nick
nick
Admin
14:07 Sat 25 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Or
(5) Show or hide avaters according to user choice
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:16 Sat 25 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
thank's for the changes nick, the colour scheme was a bit harsh to the eyes but, overall the site in a whole is ALOT better
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:44 Sat 25 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
A smaller font size is indeed an improvement Nick.Easier on the eyes so i will not post further

Edited at 04:46 Sun 26/11/06 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:07 Sun 26 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Iv always moaned (as i do) about the whiteness of funkysnooker, and although i do like the changes that taken place im really not enjoying the white colour, it hurts my eye!!! So i would be happier if you changed that, but overall i think a success well done nick and thanks i ow you a beer!!!!!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:43 Sun 26 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I would like to see 5, I like seeing avatars
spinner
spinner
Admin
09:35 Sun 26 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree with option 5, i cant stand avaters (make thinks look so untidy) so i'd love to be able to turn them off altogether!

1_eye - did you find that dark scheme i proposed better?

I am really struggling to surf the forms now, this bright scheme is so uncomfortable.
nick
nick
Admin
05:21 Mon 27 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think it's a fair point that the site is too bright compared to the applet.

The main problem IMO is using the game (dark window) then moving onto the forum (light window). If you're just using 1 or the other it's not a problem.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:24 Mon 27 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's just a case of getting used to it, some people don't like it because it's different.

Guys, if you don't like it. Will Nick really just change the colour???

(I like it btw)

EDIT: After everything nick has done to upgrade the site, some of you continue to criticise his efforts.

Edited at 11:28 Mon 27/11/06 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:45 Mon 27 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Dave your not listening (or reading what we are saying) to nick! We are all thankful for what nick has done (as i have said in earlier posts) and are very happy with how the sight looks, but nick has asked us to comment on the site because he wants feedback, hence it's a constructive criticsm of what he has done, if you look it's not just me who has commented on the the brightness, i've always said that funkysnooker is to bright for me, but if it doesn't change it won't matter at all and i will get to used to it as i have funkysnooker.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:54 Mon 27 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fair enough...typical me.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Layout problems or queries

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.