The Grand National

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:18 Fri 8 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
It's the Grand National Tomorrow every1 at 4.10pm delayed because of the stupid royal wedding. I just wanted to find out people's tips for the most exciting but toughest race of the horse racing year. I'm going to lump my money on Clan Royal myself, did it last year in the national and finished 2nd this year he's about 10/1 again, I think take the stand is a good outside bet, he's around 20/1.

I did think Forest Gunner would have stood a chance before I realised a woman was riding it, lol no ofence to the women out there. So theres my two tips, what about every1 else then.

Post your tips here and we can all talk about the Grand National before and after the race. It's sure to be a fascinating spectacle.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:30 Fri 8 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
If you need any guides for any tips then visit http://www.thenational.co.uk (the official racing post and grand national website)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:37 Fri 8 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
It Takes Time 20-1, Yes please
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:29 Fri 8 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Ground should be ok for him but I cant see him making it round if he does he's got a chance of finishing in the first 4 or 5 in my opinion.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:35 Fri 8 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i think im gonna go for : Forest Gunner 10-1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:51 Fri 8 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I think you should maybe forget my outside bet take the stand at 20/1. I think hes carrying a bit too much weight. I think Strong Resolve should be up there somewhere along with possibly Lord Atterbury. But Clan Royal is my tip. This race always seems to pan out differently to expected
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:25 Sat 9 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Clan royal. hmmmm. not who i would of said. but then again, i aint big on horses. i reckon strong resolve should be some where up there just because loadza people have told me that!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:14 Sat 9 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Spotthedifference is a good each way bet hes about 25/1 and you can never rule out Hedgehunter hes sure to be up there come the end as long as he doesnt fall. The jockey last year messed up big time with Clan Royal, he should of won but he went too far wide down the final straight. I think he forgot the course and that sadly cost the horse victory.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:44 Sat 9 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
forest gunner is a good tip also what about non desperandom
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:36 Sat 9 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah forest gunner does have an excellent chance but sadly with a woman riding it I just cant see it happening. Nil Desperandum has a chance but I dont think he will win it although he does have the potential.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:44 Sat 9 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Dont trust me though the race will probably go completely differently to expected I expect hedgehunter to make the running for most of the race and I think Clan Royal will be near the front of the pack with about 3 or 4 fences to go.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:23 Sat 9 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i just like the ladies ...he he
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:07 Sat 9 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
nil desparandum wos my dads favourite. Basically because he likes the name!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:11 Sun 10 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yay! my mates mum won. she bet on hedgehunter cuz it almost sounds like hedgehog.... (not a horse racing type) still, just goes to show, some times it pays to be pathetic :-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:51 Sun 10 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Worthys17 won £50 cos he put his bet on hedgehunter. If my dad had bet, i wouldve lost five. Glad i never now!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:30 Sun 10 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i had this lil bet thing with big_lion, he bet clan royal n i bet forest gunner... oh well :(
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:33 Mon 11 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
wow
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:34 Mon 11 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yea...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:49 Tue 12 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
thats sooo interestin