League Discussion thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18990
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:52 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
death_viper said:
i think all captains should vote on the amount of players for season 14.

list the teams and the captain can put his say so next to it.

vipers 13
ut 12
wolf pack and so u get idea

Don't see why it should only be captains that get a say
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:54 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
if everyone did it would take forever where as if captain vote then it down to them
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:10 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
You get everyones opinions off discussion threads like this one then it's up to league runners. Anybody can start a clan doesn't make their opinion any more or less valid than anybody elses.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:21 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
lee never said it did m8 just need to know before i put site back up as need to be adjusted dont mind how it decided.

i aint the bad guy i use to be i on meds now lmao give me a chance yeah lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:29 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Never said you were Kenny mate lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:30 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
gd gd i vote for 13players lol
doubted2
doubted2
01:30 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
whats was wrong wiith 14 players from last season ???

if nothing was wrong ....why change it

i believe it was stated less defaults ever last season or am i mistaken
doubted2
doubted2
01:31 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
sorry to ask this also

any idea when the new season is starting again
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:38 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
sorry to ask this also

any idea when the new season is starting again

check clan news
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:39 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:

i believe so yes, not many defaults last season at all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:42 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Someone needs to decide quick!, I've seen a few clans with a teamsheet of 16 :S
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:43 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
new season won't be for at least a week yet, maybe 2 with transfer window at start of season.

I have asked kev to look on here, personally i don't mind if its 14 or 16 or even 12 tbh as long as games get played but remember as much as i like lowering down to 12 we must cater for fixture of 8 with enough subs to get game played.

If it does get lowered it should be 14.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:49 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
14 makes sense it worked well last season but 16 is definitely too many, we want to be playing most of the games not half of them.
horse10000
horse10000
01:57 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
The need to get rid of defaults is the main thing everyone want as time and time again people question the random defaults that are produced.

Suggestion to hopefully eliminate the majority of defaults.

Each team puts in list of 8 as per now.

In the first 2 weeks of the fixture the captains can sub/swap put back in players whatever is required to get games complete. If all games are complete at the end of 2 weeks, increase the bonus points for completion to encourage it.

All games that are incomplete after 2 weeks, instead of going to default, the league allows these games a third week to complete when the next set of fixtures are put out.

In this third week any of the players who have not played from either clan can ask any of the players from the other clan who have not played in the fixture so far to play a game to get fixtures complete. Captain has not got any control in week 3 as to who plays who as players can post the game and play it without any input from the captains. Suggest captains send messages to all clan members who are available to play outstanding fixtures advising the opposing clan members they need to look out for and post on the clan thread so no one can say they didn't know.

If captain wants certain players to play he will have to get them to play in weeks 1 and 2.

Any games that are not completed after week 3 would suggest that one or both clans have inactive players and league runners can look into and deal with accordingly. Any games incomplete after end of week 3, none of the clans who have been unable to get games played get any points thus eliminating defaults. Also if games are not played and there is no excuses as players have been active and on at same times but not played, penalise the teams involved points this should encourage them not to let it happen again.

(Would need an exception that if one clan could prove they had tried constantly and the other clan made no effort or were inactive the league runners would make a call at there discretion)

If we have clans with 12/14/16 members it should not matter who ends up playing games as long as games get played, if a clan wants you to be in it, they should be wanting you to play any game that is required against another clan.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:04 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
personally think it should be 14 and thats me saying as a 15th member of a team...16 double whats needed for a fixture is jst abit too much
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:04 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Agreed 100% keith
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:18 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
14 makes sense it worked well last season but 16 is definitely too many, we want to be playing most of the games not half of them.

The main problem is the amount of defaults we had last season. Thus most of the rules we have looked at changing are interlinked with causes of defaults.

We are trying to help by providing extra depth for subs, more flexibility with regards to who can play who (fixture swaps) and possibly the ability to correct subs one has made early in a fixture.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:21 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
doubted2 said:

i believe so yes, not many defaults last season at all.

There were loads mate, did you not see the last week?

15 in the last fixture set alone!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:33 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
true i mean other than last fixture, i cant check site for sure until its back up though but lets leave it down for repairs
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:42 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
like i said, lets trial 16 next season and if it doesnt work out then it can be lowered again, always good to try new things
Pages: 18990
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.