Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
spinner
spinner
Admin
11:11 Thu 10 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
i watched it on challenge last night on freeview (if that is the channel) anyone know what days and time its on as i only watched it for 1st time yesterday.

TNA Tapes a few weeks of TV on Mondays and Tuesdays, Impact is broadcast on Thursday in the US, and is shown on Challenge the following Tuesday at 10pm. TNA PPV's are shown the Wednesday after they air.

I was a huge TNA fan 4-5 years ago, as they were really innovative with great wrestlers and really good storylines, but over the past couple of years it has deteriorated, and I honestly believe this weeks impact was one of the worst wrestling TV shows I have ever seen. Very sad for what was once a fantastic company.

WWE on the other hand, has really clicked into gear now even more than usual heading into Wrestlemania. I'm not particularly keen on the Rock or Austin being part of it, but if they bring in old fans to see just how good the newer generation of stars are, all the better.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:21 Fri 11 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
its pretend ..
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:55 Fri 11 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
its called entertainment, doesn't have to be real

TV soap is pretend but people still enjoy it.
joker86
joker86
13:54 Fri 11 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Films also!

Wrestling maybe fake but it is entertainment and some of them really do get hurt whilst doing what they do.

I have enjoyed the WWE whenever I get the chance to watch it, I'm doing a lot of catching up at the moment before WrestleMania comes.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:11 Fri 11 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah one actually died doing it, at no mercy 1999 i think it was.

hit a body part of the steel baracade and that was it
joker86
joker86
14:33 Fri 11 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I believe you are talking about Owen Hart? That was in 1999 at the Pay-Per-View "Over the Edge".

His entrance involved being lowered via harness and grapple line from the rafters of the arena, he unintentionally triggered the early release and fell 78 feet, landing chest first onto the top rope and landing inside the ring.

R.I.P Owen Hart.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:37 Fri 11 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah, i wasn't sure exactly what happened or what PPV as i didnt watch wrestling until wrestlemania 17 time.

wish i watched the attitude era though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:06 Sat 12 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Other than the undertaker, with the rock and stone cold being my favourite 2 wrestlers as a wee lad growing up I am rather excited to see wrestlemania and may make a turn to watching it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:44 Sun 13 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
The good old days returned last night as probs the best tag team champions in history (edge and christain) reunited for the first time in 10 years
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:13 Sun 13 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
joker86 said:
I believe you are talking about Owen Hart? That was in 1999 at the Pay-Per-View "Over the Edge".

His entrance involved being lowered via harness and grapple line from the rafters of the arena, he unintentionally triggered the early release and fell 78 feet, landing chest first onto the top rope and landing inside the ring.

R.I.P Owen Hart.
Watched that live back in the day. Worst thing i've ever seen knowing the result now.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:18 Sun 13 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
_mewtwo_ said:
The good old days returned last night as probs the best tag team champions in history (edge and christain) reunited for the first time in 10 years
Emmmm................. Legion of doom or the stiener brothers.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:59 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Wrestlemania tonight, anybody watching it?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:12 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
15£ nty lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:17 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Post removed by forum moderator
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:50 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ah cool
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:03 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorry guys have to remove this link as we (the site) aren't being held liable for any promotion of illegal viewing sites.

If you wish to view tonights PAY per view, please go through alternative methods.

Thank you.
spinner
spinner
Admin
07:13 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
One of the best Wrestlemanias by a long long way, but sadly spoiled by the worst ending ever

Edge - Del Rio and Cena - Miz should have been swapped if that was the plan, and it would have been so much better.

Ah well, should be fun from here on out...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:33 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Personally i thought it was pretty dull.
Wrestlemania 17 still stands out as one of the best for me personally.

Edge v Del rio was pretty good, Taker v HHH was a great match also, the crowd weren't as energetic after that.

Apart from that...thought it was pretty disappointing.
spinner
spinner
Admin
12:21 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I read an excellent article saying how older wrestling fans (me) who started watching in the Hogan era are used to being fired up for a wrestlemania based on ony one or maybe two matches.

But more recent (most others posting here it seems!) fans who started watching during the attitude era of the 90's 00's, are used to a fast paced show full of insane risks and big matches all round.

What we get now is a bit of both. Things are tamer due to the toll they have taken on previous performers and long time performers with big histories are few and far between.

There are some very good new performers though, they just need a few years to build characters and storylines deep enough.

But yeah, given the finishes they went for, I can understand why HHH/Taker wasn't last, but I think Egdes clean victory after 4 months+ of buildup would have been a solid finish.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:54 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
the only match i want to see is Taker vs HHH and if Rock kicked Cena's behind.

Rock and Austin would have been classic if they could have put it in.

Hopefully they will be uploaded to youtube so i can watch them (or justin if its still on there but dont want to watch whole event).
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Wrestling thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.