Pages: 156
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:36 Thu 10 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ok sounds good kev
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:38 Thu 10 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
As I've said before, the reason we brought this idea forward was because of a lack of intent/interest from the current runners of the CPL/FPL to keep those leagues going
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:39 Thu 10 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
fpl nd cpl is not really kevs concern

fcl i asked because i thought kev might be running it ,

FCL pretty much runs itself, the site's functionality is fantastic so its requires minimal effort from myself and dgen
spoonie
spoonie
17:50 Fri 11 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Evolutions would be interested in joining this league
and obviously the FCL

as for structure, i like the idea of the captain picks 2 players for each of the main 4 types..

and the division/play off sounds good too
diamond_cut
diamond_cut
17:54 Fri 11 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
The first idea is my preference. It would be good to be able combine both a league/cup style format, without actually having a seperate league AND cup! My only concern is that what would the teams that do not get into the top 2 actually do while the semis/final being played?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:21 Fri 11 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Their season would be over. Those would be the teams (saying we have 2 5 team divisions) that finish 3rd in div 1, are automatically promoted/relegated and finish 4th/5th in div 2
cke1982
cke1982
18:40 Fri 11 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
vipers interested as soon as
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:12 Fri 11 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
as cke vipers would def be in and fcl
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:27 Fri 11 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Maybe if you get the league running you could have some stipulations to make clans more even for example:

Seasonal Drafts

Handicapping Players

Extra Points for accomplishments such as a run out, golden break or seven balling

Winner of Golden Cue (if put in) gets a choice to move to whatever team he/she wants.

Just a few ideas feedback?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:23 Sat 12 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
The Legend Killers are interested in this for sure
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:24 Sat 12 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
_mewtwo_ said:
Maybe if you get the league running you could have some stipulations to make clans more even for example:

Seasonal Drafts

Handicapping Players

Extra Points for accomplishments such as a run out, golden break or seven balling

Winner of Golden Cue (if put in) gets a choice to move to whatever team he/she wants.

Just a few ideas feedback?

Yes that sounds great mewtwo! except i dont understand the golden cure part...?
diamond_cut
diamond_cut
00:53 Sat 12 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
My opinion (whether you care or not your getting it )

the league should have a higher amount of runners than were in the CPL/FPL, however it needs to be set up in a way which means decisions can be made without arguments. An example being that you have 5 league runners, to oversee general running of the league. This means if one of the runners becomes inactive, one of the others can take over their specific duties. This increases reliability of the league staff.

Defaults, if a league staff member is involved in a match which goes to default, he/she has no say in the default score. Also, defaults should be voted on by a wider group of people (clan captains???) so to ensure a fairer result.

all i can think of right now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:11 Mon 14 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Right, written a set of rules.

We have a website but the server it's on is down at the moment due to valentines day specials lol

Will start collecting interest from teams in the next few days and get some friendlies going in conjunction with the FCL
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:31 Mon 14 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Basic outline of the league

Clan size: Min 8 / Max 14

2 players play each game type, to make an 8v8 fixture, the captains pick who plays what game type.

Each game will be 6 frames, excluding straight which will be 3 frames (each frame worth 2 points).

Each game won is worth 2 points and you get 1 for a draw.

The league will consist of 2 divisions

There will be an 8v8 play-off at the end of the season between the following teams:

1st and 2nd in division 1 for the title.
The 2 immediately above last position in division 1 for relegation.
The 2 immediately below first position in division 2 for promotion.

There will be awards at the end of the season, none based on statistics all will be decided by a vote and there will also be an all-star game. The players involved will be the ones most voted for for best player in that category.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:39 Mon 14 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
sound good kev
spoonie
spoonie
20:40 Mon 14 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sounds good, count Evolutions in
rubber_duck
rubber_duck
20:50 Mon 14 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
UT in!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:56 Mon 14 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
so the snooker league but on pool?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:01 Mon 14 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
vendetta said:
so the snooker league but on pool?

Pretty much, can't lie, that's where the idea came from and credit should go to the snooker guys for coming up with it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:01 Mon 14 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
aite snap me up lads
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL Discussion and News thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.