League Discussion Thread!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18889
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:32 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
horse10000 said:
ipotalot said:
Can't see how this warning thing works, the player that is offline loads and not getting the game played is subbed out near the end anyway and someone else gets punished.
Should be the team getting punished for negative defaults, you pick the players, the team, you get subs and swaps if games don't get played it's the captain's fault.

Would be the original player that would get the ban, not the player who was subbed in as it is the original player who is the cause for the large default. (It would be his inactivity and lack of messages to chase and get game played)

Why should a player be punished for being inactive at all though? They should get subbed out and if they regularly aren't active enough to be in clans they should be getting replaced.
Nobody should be getting banned for inactivity...crazy

If a clan gets 2 negative defaults against them of 10-5 or worse they should lose points...that's my opinion on it. Only time I would punish a player is those that start games and aren't back on making a lot of running to get it done should be banned for the season.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:28 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
because its the players fault simple as, players know what clans are all about so they should expect to stay active and play games, if they can't then should tell the captain but i think captains should only be punished when the defaults are frequent and in high quantities.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:30 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Like it or not, being active is a key part of clan involvement that you accept when you 'sign up'.

If you know you are going to be inactive how many tell anyone. Some do it but not many. Obviously if you don't know you won't be around it can't be helped. However I don't see the problem with anyone receiving a minor 'fixed' penalty for being inactive when everyone knows it has the potential to cause problems. Accept it for what it is, an automatic suspension, dont take it as a personal affront and simply move on.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:25 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Tell me if im wrong but, even though we want to make the league better, but adding this punishment and stuff and all the fixture bans and other things like that won't this just cause more arguments than it is worth?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:37 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Jay, regardless of whatever action is taking with defaults there are going to be arguments, we are not all going to agree.

But PLAYERS not CAPTAINS who fail to even attempt to get a game played resulting in major defaults against their clan should be punished. Like I said before if you are a good captain and have reliable players this punishment shouldnt worry you. If in the unfortunate event of you getting a 15-0 default against you would you rather lose points? or lose a player for a fixture?

Warnings and fixture bans are a better suggestion in my opinion than starting to tamper with deducting points as this is not only punishment for the clan as a whole (which is unfair, its only the fault of 1 player) but means there is more work for league staff to account for this in their league table calculations. We should be looking at keeping administrative work to a minimum for league staff. In relation to this we should scrap all bonuses bar the fixture win bonus.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:11 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
You have 15 players in a clan, you need 8 active for each set and not really that active just to prioritise their clan games over tourneys, if they aren't doing that then the team hasn't picked the right player.
If you haven't got enough players to fill in when someone isn't around that's a joke of a clan...not the players fault, the captains.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:23 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
This is not about a players activity, it is about punishing those who let games go to major default.

It is a players fault when they refuse to arrange to play for a clan they themselves opted to go into. If they fail to play they should be punished not the entire clan or the captain.

For example are you saying, that if you refuse to make any effort to arrange a clan match, ignore messages from the opponent, deadline passes and the games gets a 15 - 0 default against Team Angry, that Ang (poolbiird) is to blame?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:54 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
If I was the type of person to do that she wouldn't have me in the team Jem and if someone ignored my message I would post to their captain and expect a sub.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:59 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
But IF it did happen, would you expect Ang to take the wrap for your failings as a clan member?

I do not think you would.

Anyway the point is, if Team Angry is well managed then Ang doesn't have to worry about major default punishments. This would not be something that everyone will incur, just what MIGHT happen if you do not make an effort.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:37 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
If ang allowed a game to go right the way through with her player not trying to get it done then yeah we should be punished rather than the player cos it would be the clan's fault.
What about clans who haven't replaced players? You want to ban the ones they have got left who haven't been able to get on much that fortnight because the captain didnt put in the effort to bring in new players.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:38 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
Topics Being Discussed:

1. Default panel - Increasing the panel to one player from each clan. Division one players would decide defaults on division two fixtures and vice versa.

2. Completion bonus - To scrap it or not.

3. Match win bonus - Scrap the match win bonus, increase it back to 20 instead of 10.

4. Allowing players to transfer to another clan during a season with the captains permission (Like it used to be)

Think i have covered all that has been brought up so far if not please add to the list, cheers.

Lets get back on the above topics anyway as these are more important for the time being!

Lets leave the defaults discussion until the end!
horse10000
horse10000
19:38 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
As a matter of interest how many defaults this season have been 12-3 or worse dgen?

Not that many i suspect but those that are i still think their is a glarin reason why and therefore a player deserves punishment as chris said you know what you sign up for when you join a clan.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
19:40 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
horse10000 said:
As a matter of interest how many defaults this season have been 12-3 or worse dgen?

Not that many i suspect but those that are i still think their is a glarin reason why and therefore a player deserves punishment as chris said you know what you sign up for when you join a clan.

Im sure it has only been 2 or 3 mate. I'll re - check that after i munch this pizza.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:41 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
diamond_jem said:
bluenose1872 said:
Topics Being Discussed:

1. Default panel - Increasing the panel to one player from each clan. Division one players would decide defaults on division two fixtures and vice versa.

2. Completion bonus - To scrap it or not.

3. Match win bonus - Scrap the match win bonus, increase it back to 20 instead of 10.

4. Allowing players to transfer to another clan during a season with the captains permission (Like it used to be)

Think i have covered all that has been brought up so far if not please add to the list, cheers.

Lets get back on the above topics anyway as these are more important for the time being!

Lets leave the defaults discussion until the end!

1 is decided why not tackle the transfers next as that will need to be sorted first and the bonuses are going to be a lot harder to work out I think
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:43 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
horse10000 said:

Deserves punishment by the captain and the team deserves punishment for letting it go all the way through without subbing.
As I said before if it's someone who starts the game and doesn't finish sure ban them but don't base rules on default scores.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
19:57 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
horse10000 said:

Counted them up and as far as i can see with counting through them twice there has only been 3 defaults that have ended 12 - 3 or worse. All of them were against MVP.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:00 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agreed Lee, need to get some of these topics done and dusted with soon as possible so the transfer one would be a good one to start on.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:13 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well my vote is for the transfers to stay as they are there were loads of arguments with players getting 'poached' last season and this has been stopped.
Would only add to the rule that until you play a match for a clan you can still move if released.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:17 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I do not think the rules on transfers should be changed. no one should be allowed to move during the season and no one should be allowed to play for another clan in the same season if released. no poaching = no arguments!
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:19 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
Well my vote is for the transfers to stay as they are there were loads of arguments with players getting 'poached' last season and this has been stopped.
Would only add to the rule that until you play a match for a clan you can still move if released.

I'm going to agree with this to a certain point, as i don't think you can really poach a player from another clan. It is up to that player where they want to play for what ever reason.

Im 100% in favour for the rule to be reworded on the matter of a player that has not actually played a game for the clan they have been released from can play for another clan, however if they leave the clan on there own accord they can not play for another for the remainder of the season.
Pages: 18889
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.