League Discussion Thread!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18990
horse10000
horse10000
20:40 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
horse10000 said:
As a matter of interest how many defaults this season have been 12-3 or worse dgen?

Counted them up and as far as i can see with counting through them twice there has only been 3 defaults that have ended 12 - 3 or worse. All of them were against MVP.

It is not many people that the rule would apply to then, but players who get a result like that against them deserve to miss a fixture.
horse10000
horse10000
20:43 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
horse10000 said:
Player A is playing for Clan A. He advises captain that he is leaving and joining another clan at the end of that set of fixtures, then posts on the clan thread to back this up.

Next set Player A is now playing for Clan B. He has had his one transfer and could not move to any other clan for the remainder of that season.

He has giving his current clan notice and he gets his one transfer for the season any player could do this at any time.

Only way league staff and captains need to get involved if is because of that player leaving it was going to cause Clan A problems in completing further fixtures, even then league staff could point them to any players who were looking for clans from the available player thread.

For transfers i still think players should be allowed one move per season, it stops players not getting games but unable to move. Also there are players this season who are sitting waiting but could be good additions to any clan.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:46 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's why i said the last part on my last post Keith, i like both the idea's but as usual this will end up going down to a vote. I have no problem making the big decision on my own and saying what i want it to be, but having people's opinions and what they would be in favour for would be great.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:54 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
If needs be we can set up polls on the old or new website so people can vote on topics? majority wins obviously just an idea... =\
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:00 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
diamond_jem said:
If needs be we can set up polls on the old or new website so people can vote on topics? majority wins obviously just an idea... =\

Sounds like a good idea for the transfer rule because both work fine and both have pluses and minuses.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:03 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i could set it up on the defaults forum (current one) if needs be, ill just need to make a forum what members can see then you can signup to vote
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:04 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Or i can make a poll page for everyone on the new website... entirely up to you guys
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
21:06 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Or it can just be voted for on here. I can make a decision now haha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:08 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well i said up to you, but have you actually kept track of what people have voted on so far?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:10 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
The difficulty with allowing transfers for players that have not played a game yet I think is going to come in the first couple of fixture sets, and particularly the first one, where in effect you are saying there is an open transfer free for all until such time as someone has played a first game. That might be fairly hectic.

I think really you allow transfers throughout or not at all. Because seasons are short I cant really see a problem with no transfers at all. However it would also be good if situations like thegreatone7 had could be resolved by the relevant captains and league runners amicably and in private so that people who are keen to play can. If they cant be resolved amicably and in private then tough they cant play and wait till the next season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:18 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Pre-season reliability friendlies count as a game played though chris, the reason I said to include the clause was in FBL pythons had players in their team sheet that hadn't even agreed to play for them. If that happened a player couldn't play for anyone else...wouldn't be right.
Shouldn't break the rules for individual cases either..that's where trouble starts.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:23 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
The trouble starts because things get plastered all over the forum instead of getting resolved without people realising there was ever a 'problem' in the first place!!

Not sure thegreatone7 ever played a game so there would not necessarily have been any rule breaking under what you and others are saying/proposing.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:24 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
shouldn't do really though as they are qualification games, if teams don't make it through then they are free agents (same with deactivated clans during the season).

about transfers i don't mind what happens i like chris's idea of like defaults committee decide if the situation is relevant for the move. i also like the wildcard idea that you are allowed one free transfer throughout the season once you used it thats it.

a third idea which is probably stupid but ill post anyway, if the wildcard does go ahead then maybe if they don't use their wildcard give maybe 5 points to that clan they stayed with throughout the season that way unless they hate that clan it could prevent movements
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:41 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Obviously if clans dont make it through then the players can join other clans in FCL james but the friendlies should be classed as the first games of the season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:44 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
i like the idea of defaults committee decide if the situation is relevant for the move.

I would actually like to see the committee make all decisions on all matters as a group that need to be made. Particularly once there is a rep from every clan on the committee. They can resolve every issue in private then once resolved make the public announcement.

No team would then have any cause for public complaint as their own views would already have been voiced and their own interests protected by their own member/rep. Any decisions made could be final, binding and without any recourse from anyone.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
21:44 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
There is a poll been created on the matter with a basic idea of the idea's been given, will be posting the link to all clans involved in the league. I think under the circumstances this should be fair.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:52 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chris said:
I would actually like to see the committee make all decisions on all matters as a group that need to be made. Particularly once there is a rep from every clan on the committee. They can resolve every issue in private then once resolved make the public announcement.

No team would then have any cause for public complaint as their own views would already have been voiced and their own interests protected by their own member/rep. Any decisions made could be final, binding and without any recourse from anyone.

Thinking about this further I would make it a condition of membership to the league that a clan has a representative on the league committee/panel of their choice who they trust. If they dont they arent admitted to the league.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:59 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Totally ridiculous! Just because you are on the same clan as someone else doesn't mean they share the same opinion as you on every subject!
Everybody is entitled to their voice in this league and plenty of times if something hadn't been pointed out when rule changes had been discussed on here then stupid rules would have gone through and ruined the league.
As for denying membership to the league for not being on some commitee...joke
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
22:01 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Poll has been released, better to read what i have said on the clan forums though, as it is only a rough quide to what has been said here.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:02 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
chill pill, ipotalot, everyone is entitled to their opinion...

...lets just see what comes back from the poll
Pages: 18990
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.