League Discussion Thread...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:12 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Pull it forward m8 i missed it
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
10:13 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
whocares8x8 said:
There goes Snooker Squad again lol, even though we've only been around this season with the no transfer rules.....
*sigh*

This was voted on. Fair and square, so although I don't think it's the best option either and voted for something else, it will be implemented

Stop talking rubbish you were UT captain for FBL and vice for FCL all last season and snooker squad is half of UT reformed.
All I did for them was do the lineup for FBL. Nothing else. Never recruited anyone.
Anyway, why are you still complaining about everything. The majority of people voted on this issue and STILL you can't accept it.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
10:14 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
The rule does need tweaking anyway, i would like to throw my idea out there just now and see what people think.

As people know currently this season there is 5 fixture sets through out the season, 5 new clans want to join hopefully next season. So the below suggestion could change due to the fixture sets being increased if all new teams do make it in.

Suggestion/Idea...

Player(s) who wish to change there clan in the new season can move to another clan (Captain Permission) but this transfer to another clan can only be made until the release of the third fixture set! (Basically you cant move on the deadline day of the second set at midnight)

Thats all i have in my head right now.

Had to rake for it myself there.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:15 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
ipotalot said:

All you lot want is MVP and snooker squad to start their massive divide again with no fairness in the laws at all.

Absolute ridiculous comment to make!

I would be saying the same thing if i was with any other clan and being league runner.

Like i also have said before there is always going to be haters when something is done in the league.

Like i have said before again, the arguing on here will never stop. It may settle down a bit but a few day's later it will erupt again. There is no way to stop people arguing even if warnings where handed out within the league and eventually a player was banned due to it all, they would still come on the forum and keep the arguing going.

2 sensible tweaks that are common sense and you just ignore them totally is ridiculous.

1)Players shouldn't play against their old team for a season
Already been pointed out that once a player decides to go a captain has no option if they want to keep 15 active players than to release them so captains release means nothing in the old rules so why shouldn't they get one little concession out of you.

2)Players shouldn't have to face the same player 3 times in a season
Jem agreed with this on the other thread. If dvz or seb transfers after just playing us to another team playing us for the first time we're looking at playing the best players in the league 3 times...blatantly unfair and obviously shouldn't be allowed.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
10:16 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Basically it is like a transfer window, that would last for two fixture sets then be closed. Reading it again im not sure on it, might be the way i explained it and maybe the one fixture would be enough instead of the two.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:17 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree with that 3 sets down 2 (maybe) to go will discourage players from leaving in the first place.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:19 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
ipotalot said:
whocares8x8 said:
There goes Snooker Squad again lol, even though we've only been around this season with the no transfer rules.....
*sigh*

This was voted on. Fair and square, so although I don't think it's the best option either and voted for something else, it will be implemented

Stop talking rubbish you were UT captain for FBL and vice for FCL all last season and snooker squad is half of UT reformed.
All I did for them was do the lineup for FBL. Nothing else. Never recruited anyone.
Anyway, why are you still complaining about everything. The majority of people voted on this issue and STILL you can't accept it.

Every post on UT pages at the times for FCL games are if you need subbing contact seb or dgen.
Accepted the vote, keep up but was always said there would be some tweaks I gave 2 very sensible ones but you want everything in favour of the poaching team and nothing for the teams that actually get players into the league.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:22 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lee don't want a vendetta with seb and ureself if u wish too carry that on do it craig style through pm because its going nowhere.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:24 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
There's no vendetta with me and seb we're discussing the topic so no it's not going to personal message.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
10:26 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's what I'm trying to tell you- I did everything related to lineups- so I took care of subs to make sure games get played. I had nothing to do with what players come in or leave.

Anyway, I've never "poached" anyone and probably won't. Neither has Snooker Squad. So give it a rest. If players are happy at your clan, they'll stay.

Transfer window!!
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
10:26 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
2 sensible tweaks that are common sense and you just ignore them totally is ridiculous.

Already been pointed out that once a player decides to go a captain has no option if they want to keep 15 active players than to release them so captains release means nothing in the old rules so why shouldn't they get one little concession out of you.

Jem agreed with this on the other thread. If dvz or seb transfers after just playing us to another team playing us for the first time we're looking at playing the best players in the league 3 times...blatantly unfair and obviously shouldn't be allowed.

I'll ignore the comment at the top as i was actually getting to this as i realised it on the other page.

1). I don't see the problem in this to be honest, but if others have same opinion then something could be looked at. Especially if it does not increase the work load to much in the league.

2.) I would agree on this also to a certain point.

You do actually say playing us though so i'll answer that anyway, if they transfer to any other team while a fixture is on going then they can not sub or swap in to the game anyway.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:32 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Don't tell me to give it a rest when i'm making sensible suggestions to go alongside the rules seb.
Players are happy at teams then one of the top 2 needs a couple of players thinks 'he's doing well we'll get him'
Fine if that's the way it's going again but what's wrong with saying they can't play against their old club for the season?
Sure the captain who is 'releasing' the player would put it in as a clause if it was a real transfer just like football clubs do when they sell players.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:32 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I can see lee's point but surely nobody leaves a clan to then throw a match against their old clan. It would be frowned upon by the new captain if they did so the player would then be "carefully picked" in fixtures.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:35 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
ipotalot said:

I'll ignore the comment at the top as i was actually getting to this as i realised it on the other page.

1). I don't see the problem in this to be honest, but if others have same opinion then something could be looked at. Especially if it does not increase the work load to much in the league.

2.) I would agree on this also to a certain point.

You do actually say playing us though so i'll answer that anyway, if they transfer to any other team while a fixture is on going then they can not sub or swap in to the game anyway.

after just playing us...but thanks for actually considering the points.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
10:37 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
Don't tell me to give it a rest when i'm making sensible suggestions to go alongside the rules seb.
I was thinking more in terms of you mentioning Snooker Squad or me every time you start ranting about poaching again...

On the topic: All these clauses and exceptions will just complicate a fairly simple new rule to the point where most captains/players won't be aware of it when it takes effect next season.
1 transfer per season per player. Need captain's permission. Only exception: "evil captain" as determined by new defaults panel. done.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:39 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
white_noise said:
I can see lee's point but surely nobody leaves a clan to then throw a match against their old clan. It would be frowned upon by the new captain if they did so the player would then be "carefully picked" in fixtures.

The point is that although it's called releasing a player it's normally the player who has instigated like your example with obieeeee earlier if you were in the same league at the time it would definitely have softened the blow to you if he couldn't play against you would have led to a lot less arguments about the situation and would have been fair to you in my opinion.
Another thing is clans will be a lot more likely to release unhappy players if they won't end up playing them that season.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
10:39 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
As i said i was getting to it, if i never refreshed when i did i wouldn't have seen your post about ignoring though haha

I am fighting with connection now, keeps whacking me right in middle of posting so taking me longer to read through and comment myself.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:41 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Evil Dictator Captains need not apply for next season
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:47 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I am out of here..next doors roof is falling apart. Take care guys.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:48 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
ipotalot said:
I was thinking more in terms of you mentioning Snooker Squad or me every time you start ranting about poaching again...

Sorry but untouchables were the ones I remembered doing it constantly and you and dgen were involved in running them, now you're the one arguing against any protection for the smaller clubs...not a great leap....sue me
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.