League Discussion Thread...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:57 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
As for the hard work for league runners just put the names of players who have been released in a different colour and a glance would tell you if they were eligible.
Sure league runners would know anyway who has gone where as they had made the changes also sure if one slipped through the team would say 'he's not eligible he played for us' and a sub could be forced.
No extra work at all involved.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:07 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
8 pages of bull crap let the league runners sort it out then get back to the captains on what they decide so every one can see it

its all ifs and buts
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:08 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Called the league discussion thread rick
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
11:09 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
big_mouse said:
8 pages of bull crap let the league runners sort it out then get back to the captains on what they decide so every one can see it

its all ifs and buts

8 pages of discussing league issues! so not crap in my opinion.

Edited at 09:16 Tue 03/01/12 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:34 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
you ask all to vote ? then you turn round and said it be decide so that the end of it you said

decide how you going to word it then people can comment on that

then move on to the next topic
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:35 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Minor variation.......

Don't allow transfers between teams in the same division. Minor compromise if anyone felt it was needed as it still allows freedom of movement, takes away concern of playing same players again and again and takes away concern of player switches affecting results/league table?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:46 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
at the end of the day it meant to be a fun game as everybody kepts staying if a playing wishers to leave a team
its up to that player

i would not want a player that don't want give me 100% in playing for a clan
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
11:47 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
big_mouse said:
you ask all to vote ? then you turn round and said it be decide so that the end of it you said

decide how you going to word it then people can comment on that

then move on to the next topic

I barely understood what your point was in the first sentence but i think your trying to say we should have kept the vote standings to ourself then re-worded it and let people know.

If that is what you meant then i think that would have been a stupid way to do it. I want to keep people in the loop as much as possible and i think giving people the opportunity to have a say in the tweaking of a rule is important.

End of the day i could just tweak it and say thats the rule "dont like it dont have to play in the league" but i value opinions even if the player giving there opinion does not agree on the rule. The rule does stand like i said but it needs tweaked any suggestions are welcome.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:51 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
diamond_jem said:
diamond_jem said:
Below is the result from the poll, the League Runners have decided to go with the majority vote with a transfer limit of one transfer per player per season.

This is our final decision and the details of new rule will be released in full once it has undergone some fine tuning, so please bear with us.

Posted Image

Edited at 04:01 Tue 03/01/12 (GMT)

^^^ the results clearly show how the wording was written on the poll - each option is different
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:53 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
diamond_jem
Below is the result from the poll, the League Runners have decided to go with the majority vote with a transfer limit of one transfer per player per season.

This is our final decision and the details of new rule will be released in full once it has undergone some fine tuning, so please bear with us.

so what u said here then is not true then
i must be reading some thing eles then
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
11:59 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
big_mouse said:
diamond_jem

So now myself and league team need to post that we will be asking for suggestions now? That quote does not say we will be asking or we will not be asking.

Rick your complaining about the way it was worded above. Why not sit down and read some of the things said then maybe you could have a say and make a suggestion to the new rule.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:59 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
big_mouse said:
diamond_jem

doubted2
doubted2
13:05 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
white_noise said:
Disagree Seb

When i asked hoolahoop to join wolf pack last season and he agreed craig basically banished him from playing matches and refused to release knowing he wanted to join us...it was seasons end when he actually got to join.

dextr
w_hoolhann did play games after the request
please check before posting, he played in the last fixture set and played very well please feel free to check and an apology will be accepted readily thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:41 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
omg i go for a few hours sleep and PAGES of posts have appeared having finally read through everything i shall have my input.

i am not saying they should all be included, just some suggestions to see what people agree with...

- if a player decides to move to another clan then they should have to sit out a fixture with their new clan

- for lee's suggestion of playing your old clan; perhaps when a player moves they shouldnt have to play their old clan, this could work alongside the above idea, rather than missing the first fixture put a ban on the fixture including the old team?

- i do not agree that you should be limited to moving between divisions, division 1 clan player only being allowed to transfer to division 2.

- Although i do not think you should potentially have to play the same player up to 3 times in a season, you can always ask the new captain for a swap to be made so you can play someone else?

- I think that a captain should have to give permission for someone to leave, as long as they are not just being an "evil captain" then you have the right to retain a player to see out the rest of the season. If the player does not agree with the captains decision, they can take it up with league runners. In the case of obieeeee, a player should have to be honest about why they want to leave or the League Runners can take action.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:46 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
whocares8x8 said:
There goes Snooker Squad again lol, even though we've only been around this season with the no transfer rules.....
*sigh*

This was voted on. Fair and square, so although I don't think it's the best option either and voted for something else, it will be implemented

Stop talking rubbish you were UT captain for FBL and vice for FCL all last season and snooker squad is half of UT reformed.

right about FBL, but i was vice for FCL which i actually got a lot of stick for when it was the captain in this instance. oh and Snooker Squad is Snooker players thats why its called Snooker Squad.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:49 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
2 sensible tweaks that are common sense and you just ignore them totally is ridiculous.

1)Players shouldn't play against their old team for a season
Already been pointed out that once a player decides to go a captain has no option if they want to keep 15 active players than to release them so captains release means nothing in the old rules so why shouldn't they get one little concession out of you.

2)Players shouldn't have to face the same player 3 times in a season
Jem agreed with this on the other thread. If dvz or seb transfers after just playing us to another team playing us for the first time we're looking at playing the best players in the league 3 times...blatantly unfair and obviously shouldn't be allowed.

^^ why not its up to the captain who they play isn't it? so your saying if a team has no subs they can't play their best player, stupid idea.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:53 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorry Jem, but if you dont want to restrict moves only to teams in different divisions (which is fine!! ) then you cannot do this either.

diamond_jem said:
for lee's suggestion of playing your old clan; perhaps when a player moves they shouldnt have to play their old clan, this could work alongside the above idea, rather than missing the first fixture put a ban on the fixture including the old team?

The reason is you are creating an unfair advantage for your team eg if you lose a good player you are saying they cant take points off my clan but they can take as many as they want from our rivals.

Has to be a level playing field no matter which way it ends up being decided.
doubted2
doubted2
15:06 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

adjudication on transfers

Can we now move on please
The members have voted be it right or wrong time will tell

Its clearly worded no tweaks as such were proposed so end of

Evil Captains I love this term,,, I guess i was one maybe still am in someones eye ermmmmm guess who in the next 10 mins

But I will say this I was bullied by 2 players and a captain of an opposing team,,, I stood firm and said NO
and now unless it suites me the current rule (new) will state captains permission then all is good for me,,, because unless I or my vice captain like it then the answer will be clearly NO

So I believe now is the time to move onto the league runners adjudication process this might be more fun
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:08 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
can you explain about bottom line please Craig? i am sure Jem didn't mention any names in her post
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:08 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
That is a valid point Chris, was trying to incorporate something for everyone there

But yes, you are absolutely right, it was a 50:50 split for me on that one, but now I would vote against it
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.