League Discussion Thread...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 145
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
08:56 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
^way too much administration for the league runners to look after. As you've said before, you have 15 players, meaning if 3 drop out (rarely happens), you would still have 12 to play an 8 fixture game. Doesn't lead to a fold.

By the way, those players look like they were all Untouchables? I was not the captain of Untouchables and Snooker Squad have only been around this season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:23 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Dunno why teams folding has come into things, there are a lot more considerations in a league than just stopping teams folding.
If the transfer laws are going to be totally weighted to the signing teams again as it appears the very least the releasing team should get is that the player who has left doesn't get to face them that season.
No major extra work at all for league runners and only fair. Just like it's only fair that a player shouldn't play against a team one week then play against them the week after with someone else.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
09:33 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
The primary reason for all the transfer rules (same as the naming future players rule), I thought, was to prevent clans from folding. Otherwise, I see no reason to restrict players from playing for any clan in an online snooker game with no contractual obligations.

I don't think there's a problem with players facing certain clans twice in a season. You face the current members of the opposing clan, whoever that may be. If one of them happens to be a player who was a member of another clan earlier in the season, then so be it.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
09:35 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
And it is extra work- you have to keep track of what players are allowed and not allowed to face what clans for the rest of the season somewhere. Then you have to crosscheck all the lineups players send in for every single fixture to make sure everyone is eligible to play the specific clan they're playing against at the moment. etc etc.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:37 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
AH there goes my garden shed...flamin gale force winds
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
09:40 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
Captain's permission is adequate I think. If one of my best players wants to transfer to MVP, I probably wouldn't give permission. I would continue to play the player and tell him that he can move at the end of the season. Solved.
As long as the captain is not treating the player unfairly, there is no grounds to move to another clan. So the captain just has to stay strong and not give league runners a reason to invoke the "evil captain" exception.

Probably wouldn't give permission? If that player so badly wanted to transfer over to any team then they could quite easily refuse to play the games you continue you to put them in. Release the player, find a replacement. Sorted.

I will say one thing though, when i was captain of Crazy Eights, i had no problem with releasing any of my players due to the fact that this is a game and i can't control a person or tell them where to play. I did how ever state that if you wish to leave to please give some notice and a little time to find a replacement for you.

Oh my god - Off topic but the bleeming wind here in west lothian is horrific! there is trash bins all over the street, the fence in my garden has been ripped off, car at the end of the street was inches away from being totalled as a tree has collapsed! Oh yeah and its causing my connection to suck
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
09:41 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
white_noise said:
AH there goes my garden shed...flamin gale force winds

Ours was demolished with the winds few weeks back haha. I wanted to at least give the shed some red bull see if you can grow wings and all that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:44 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
This one has wings already lol ..half of it is in next doors garden
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
09:45 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Way i see it is if a team is going under (folding) then that is because of the people/player running it, i don't see how the rules would affect a clan to fold unless the whole team left in the season (I really doubt that)

As Seb has said that is way to much work to keep track of all that, when you are already keeping track of fixtures been played, subs and swaps, team changes (free agents) and a bunch of other stuff that goes on behind close doors.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:50 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well said Jay as unless you have willing helpers who do as they say they will it makes running a league a very time consuming job as i have had to do.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
09:54 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
white_noise said:
Well said Jay as unless you have willing helpers who do as they say they will it makes running a league a very time consuming job as i have had to do.

I feel the team of helpers/runners i have chosen for next season are willing to help and do things that needed done, i respect them for there help and as people but in no way would i ask that much of them. I never gave much credit to league runners in the past but after being one this season and being head of next season i applaud them and give them a pat on the back! To staff on Pool & Snooker.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:55 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
Way i see it is if a team is going under (folding) then that is because of the people/player running it, i don't see how the rules would affect a clan to fold unless the whole team left in the season (I really doubt that)

As Seb has said that is way to much work to keep track of all that, when you are already keeping track of fixtures been played, subs and swaps, team changes (free agents) and a bunch of other stuff that goes on behind close doors.

Let's not introduce a rule that makes total sense, evens the balance a bit, makes things fair and stops arguments and instead introduce a rule that will be used once every 3 seasons that players can only transfer once a season...ridiculous
You can keep tabs on the 150 players transfers in that respect but can't tell captains and players that they can't play their new signings against their former clubs for a season?
All you lot want is MVP and snooker squad to start their massive divide again with no fairness in the laws at all.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
09:59 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
There goes Snooker Squad again lol, even though we've only been around this season with the no transfer rules.....
*sigh*

This was voted on. Fair and square, so although I don't think it's the best option either and voted for something else, it will be implemented
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:01 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have always felt that the league was like the scottish premier league in football..The old firm and the others making up the numbers which makes for a very not so
interesting league. Just my opinion.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
10:02 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:

All you lot want is MVP and snooker squad to start their massive divide again with no fairness in the laws at all.

Absolute ridiculous comment to make!

I would be saying the same thing if i was with any other clan and being league runner.

Like i also have said before there is always going to be haters when something is done in the league.

Like i have said before again, the arguing on here will never stop. It may settle down a bit but a few day's later it will erupt again. There is no way to stop people arguing even if warnings where handed out within the league and eventually a player was banned due to it all, they would still come on the forum and keep the arguing going.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
10:04 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
white_noise said:
I have always felt that the league was like the scottish premier league in football..The old firm and the others making up the numbers which makes for a very not so

I agree with you Dex mate, but fact is there is always going to be a team better than other teams. That does not stop a clan giving there all and trying. Anything can happen in the world look at Man United score
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:05 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
white_noise said:

Aint moaning ...well am..but what can you do NOWT. Just get on and see.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:08 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well at least my team is live on sat on BBC1 good to see a non old firm match live for once
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:08 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
There goes Snooker Squad again lol, even though we've only been around this season with the no transfer rules.....
*sigh*

This was voted on. Fair and square, so although I don't think it's the best option either and voted for something else, it will be implemented

Stop talking rubbish you were UT captain for FBL and vice for FCL all last season and snooker squad is half of UT reformed.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
10:10 Tue 3 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
No matter what has been said here the vote was done like Seb said, it was fair and square and people knew it would get implemented in the new season. For pages now and well over a few hours all that has been talked about is the rule is this the rule is that. Well how about you at least try and do as i asked a while back and make some suggestions on tweaking this new rules?

I also gave a suggestion about tweaking it, and no one has even said anything about it. It may suck but it is a suggestion none the less.
Pages: 145
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.