Super League IX - News

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15960
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:25 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Could I propose an alternative?

Each clan submits their list of 16 at the start of the season. After that they can opt for either one or two teams, each being able to submit a list of up to 10 players out of the 16 (but each player being limited to one side of their clan). The same list of up to 10 is maintained for the whole season unless a change is submitted before the relevant set.

Then the team lists could be submitted as usual each set.

There is potentially no benefit of fielding either one or two teams this way, teams don't feel obligated to field two teams to give more of their clan a game rather than excluding half. It is also up to each clan to allocate their resources in the best way to avoid defaults, whether that is an even 8-8 split or a 9-7/10-6.
faust
faust
17:54 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think 8 is plenty of players for a 5 v 5 match up. I'd accept minimum teams of 8 and maximum of 10 and keep it as it is. Set teams this season worked great and treat any changes in the same way you would in the FCL or FBL.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:01 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
We only have 14 players and that's by choice.
faust
faust
18:04 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Could you explain how that is in any way relevant to this discussion?
erigert
erigert
18:04 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
We have 16 players and that's by choice
faust
faust
18:05 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Not true Eri! We'd have 18 if we could!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:06 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Could you explain how that is in any way relevant to this discussion?

Nope you're not that important.
erigert
erigert
18:13 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Not true Eri! We'd have 18 if we could!!

Ok than

We have 16 players and thats not by choice
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:19 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
F.A.O Chris: The format this past SL were fine 2 x 4 matches worked very well. I see no reason to change it apart from maybe allowing sides to be interchangeable. This would encourage hopefully all matches to get played.

Failing that along with the 8 players submitted could another list of 4 (subs) be submitted too? (2 for each match). Teams being restricted to select any others than the initial 8 is a possible problem we could do without. This won't affect the so called TOP sides but more the new ones and those with new Captaincy.

We will be submitting two sides.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:20 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Could I propose an alternative?

Each clan submits their list of 16 at the start of the season. After that they can opt for either one or two teams, each being able to submit a list of up to 10 players out of the 16 (but each player being limited to one side of their clan). The same list of up to 10 is maintained for the whole season unless a change is submitted before the relevant set.

Is that not the same as one of my options? Subject to the completely flexible 'transfer' rules, each team can have a maximum of 10 eligible players for each fixture set. And that applies to clans with only one team as well. It was the same this season in that clans with only one team could only have eight eligible players each fixture period but could interchange them before each fixture set was released. The team lists do eventually get locked in before the play offs to stop players getting second bites of the cherry if their team gets knocked out.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:39 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I misinterpreted that part of your post I thought an elaboration may help?

Basically, the same as this season but with 5vs5 and 5-10 eligible players for each team locked in per set

4 vs 4 was a bit too low I felt, 5 vs 5 had always worked well I thought. Extra team room to encourage less teams to split when maybe they can't quite manage it and to lower the length of the season. I think that solves the minor niggles of the SL this season.

Edited at 16:43 Fri 21/11/14 (GMT)
faust
faust
18:43 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I misinterpreted that part of your post I thought an elaboration may help?

Basically, the same as this season but with 5vs5 and 5-10 eligible players for each team locked in per set

4 vs 4 was a bit too low I felt, 5 vs 5 had always worked well I thought. Extra team room to encourage less teams to split when maybe they can't quite manage it and to lower the length of the season. I think that solves the minor niggles of the SL this season.

Edited at 16:43 Fri 21/11/14 (GMT)

Think that's pretty much what I want too! What's your personal preference chris?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:45 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
F.A.O Ash

Clans wont be interchangeable during fixture periods. To be honest I think you will struggle to run two independent teams with 14 players for a full season at 4-a-side let alone 5-a-side.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:47 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
5-a-side works better for clans with one team, but makes it harder for clans with two teams hence the need to be strict on allowing in clans with two teams.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:49 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Entitled to your opinion, think we will be more than fine.
We have recruited players who we deem to be reliable, knowing full well what will be expected of them.
faust
faust
19:03 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
F.A.O Ash

Clans wont be interchangeable during fixture periods. To be honest I think you will struggle to run two independent teams with 14 players for a full season at 4-a-side let alone 5-a-side.

If it's 5 v 5, a team needs a minimum of 3 subs. As long as every team that enters has a minimum squad of 8 it should all be fine right? Personally, I don't think Uprising would win the comp 5 v 5, but the competition would be better for it. Capping the teams at 10 players seems fair and although the clans that enter one team would have a slight advantage - that would be fine in comparison to letting them have a full (16) cap.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:33 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
My apologies I misinterpreted:

We will more than likely enter 1 side (10 players (2 lots of 5)), that would work better for us. 5 vs 5 will allow teams to play 2 more players which is better for all in the long run.

With us only having 14 players by choice we would be shooting ourselves in the foot, with 2 sides. We like like to register the whole 14 - no preferential treatment should be given to anyone.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:36 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
To have no prefential treatment you have to have all teams limited to the same maximum number of eligible players.

Its just the same as Premier League football where you have a registered squad but then a match day squad from those players.

Edited at 17:39 Fri 21/11/14 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:40 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
To have no prefential treatment you have to have all teams limited to the same maximum number of eligible players.

Agreed but no way can we nor should we have to tell 4 players they wont be part of the league due to only being to register a set amount.

14 could be the max - 10 is wayy too short.
faust
faust
19:41 Fri 21 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Agreed but no way can we nor should we have to tell 4 players they wont be part of the league due to only being to register a set amount.

14 could be the max - 10 is wayy too short.

You do realize that it would only 10 per fixture right? So the 4 left out in round one could all be included in round 2!!!
Pages: 15960
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Super League IX - News

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.