League Discussion Thread..

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 189
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:57 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah, he will be waiting a month to play a LEAGUE game these are pre season friendlies that is all.
horse10000
horse10000
22:59 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
pool_king said:
Yeah, he will be waiting a month to play a LEAGUE game these are pre season friendlies that is all.

He can not register to play in the league till his account is one month old, so he is unable to be registered to play in the friendlies that is why. He would be free to join any other clan up until his account is one month old.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:25 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
diamond_jem said:
To be honest, it makes absolutely no odds to any other clans. Points from pre-seasons are not counted as part of overall score at the end of the season. Pre-seasons are about proving reliability which is what we are allowing SS to do.

League runners say overrides a rule as its our job to run it as we see fit. The decision to allow sarny_lad to play has been made and is final. Now you lot can "discuss" this to your hearts content but I allowed SS to include sarny_lad and I stand by my reasons for doing so - so decision = final !

decison seems made to me
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
23:47 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Makes no odds to me really, i was trying to help people out and so i took on Jem's idea. Clearly not many people are in favour of this so the decision has been made and the idea will not be going ahead.

Would you agree to what the FBL does though? if a player becomes eligible during a fixture then they can actually be used in that fixture? For example sarny_lad becomes eligible a week after the pre season starts this would mean he would be eligible for the second week. In affect this way would help a captain see if indeed the player is reliable and he can only play it due to be a month old on the account.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:01 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Decision is final was the words i seen??

Now its reversed again ??

League runners run league or what ?

I dont mind waiting until the second week during friendlies as that does seem fair??
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:11 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
As jem said , FBL and FCL are different entities, we havent had problems with it in FBL.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
00:19 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
Makes no odds to me really, i was trying to help people out and so i took on Jem's idea. Clearly not many people are in favour of this so the decision has been made and the idea will not be going ahead.

Would you agree to what the FBL does though? if a player becomes eligible during a fixture then they can actually be used in that fixture? For example sarny_lad becomes eligible a week after the pre season starts this would mean he would be eligible for the second week. In affect this way would help a captain see if indeed the player is reliable and he can only play it due to be a month old on the account.

Read the rules Jay and stick to them, thats all we ask, because that idea got knocked back your trying another angle.

ab_rfc said:
To be honest the league shouldn't be allowing accounts under 1 month to register early, they shouldn't be on the team list handed in at the start of the season and shouldn't be on the website, Captains should add the player in team changes once the players account becomes 1 month old, the player is a new signing and waits for the next fixture set in accordance with the following rule.

1.8 Quarantine for new signings
Only players (user names) who are registered for a clan at the time each fixture is released may play games in that fixture. Any player that joins the clan after this point is not eligible to play until the following set of fixtures. Note that this means players changing their user name are also not eligible to play until the next set of fixtures.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
00:21 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
sarny_lad said:
Decision is final was the words i seen??

Now its reversed again ??

League runners run league or what ?

I dont mind waiting until the second week during friendlies as that does seem fair??

Sorry but fair is sticking to rules and you get registered once your account is 1 month old.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:22 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hopes were high-*is allowed play* says the league runner Jem

Jay- nope *im heart broken*

Final decision is ? im in or out ?
i only wanna play pool :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:25 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fair - i understand i do

But all in all il accept what decison is made or im happy to wait as that seems like what il have to do
horse10000
horse10000
00:35 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:

Just stick to what we have if a player is eligible on day 1 of the fixture he can play but if not he waits till next set. It has been this for ages and is straightforward.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:37 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i joined the 19th of january

when am i eligible -and - willl i able to play in first set ?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:54 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
No mate, I'm gonna leave you out, sorry.

This is just another case of where pool rules do not serve their purpose (you should really learn from snooker faster, but you usually get there eventually). Instead of trying to improve them, people go to the "they're the rules for a reason" argument (even though nobody can actually name the reason lol).
Because right now, all that rule is doing (when applied BETWEEN seasons) is preventing players who want to play pool from playing pool. Good stuff.

I'll stick you in in the first fixture set.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:11 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
well people you got what you wanted, now can we move onto something else

EDIT: i will say this though i believe seb said inbetween seasons because it is a PRE season friendly, PRE meaning before the league actually begins so if Jay chose to stick to his plan originally he wouldn't have broke any rules as its PRE friendlies same as if he stuck to the 1 month rule.

makes no difference either way but thought id post it.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:22 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
By between seasons I mean after the last fixture and before the start of the preseason friendlies.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:29 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I appreciate you guys mentioning this and saying what use have said ,but hey im still around and im happy to wait
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:31 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
not denying that mate, not even debating the choice but i had to write about the PRE part
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:33 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes i agree as it is an ISSUE

That for next time, needs looking at
horse10000
horse10000
02:51 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
It isn't an issue and never has been an issue the FCL rules have been clear for a number of seasons, to play in FCL your account requires to be one month old at start of the fixture set.

It used to be 2 months and was put in place to stop people who serially deactivated or changed account name, anyone who does this are aware they may miss games in FCL.
horse10000
horse10000
02:54 Sat 11 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
No mate, I'm gonna leave you out, sorry.

This is just another case of where pool rules do not serve their purpose (you should really learn from snooker faster, but you usually get there eventually). Instead of trying to improve them, people go to the "they're the rules for a reason" argument (even though nobody can actually name the reason lol).
Because right now, all that rule is doing (when applied BETWEEN seasons) is preventing players who want to play pool from playing pool. Good stuff.

I'll stick you in in the first fixture set.

We have no need to learn from snooker, this is a POOL site and completely separate from snooker. Also the FCL is the longest running clan competition on either site and has been the base for all clan competitions that has evolved on BOTH sites So snooker has actually learnt from pool
Pages: 189
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread..

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.