League Discussion Thread..

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:24 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
honestly why are you having this discussion, the season isnt even underway and already we are bending rules

i dont get it and why would you even suggest it in the first place

to be frank all Seb did was ask about sarny_lad and Jay announced about the eligibility thing.

personally i don't care if this happens or not and yes sarny wants to play and so do we but if it means him missing the pre friendlies then im sure we will all live with it whatever Jay decides
doubted2
doubted2
18:24 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872 said:
Oh right hold on here haha

sarny_lad is a different story he has been waiting ages to play like most people know.

If a clan had someone making more accounts just so they could pass the friendlies then they would be found out anyway. Im not saying let a player that made his/her account the day before the pre season started should be allowed to play. Im more so thinking for the players that have been waiting a bit as they do become eligible for the first set of the new season anyway. Like sarny_lad does and there is also someone else. (Have to rake through messages again for that one)

it dosnt matter players wait,,, thats the rule, can i ask who is this to benefit, i would have 2 month rule personally to stop ppl deactivating constantly but thats another subject

you shouldnt be making it easy if playes arnt eligiable then tough
doubted2
doubted2
18:28 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
its not a question of what jay decides the rules are there or are we going start as we did last season and go through the season changing rules just to suit .....

i dont get why we are having this discussion ,,,
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:32 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
its a debate which in my eyes shouldn't be a problem, don't forget the thread title.

oh and whatever the runners decide should be final, im sure Jay will re read this debate and make his choice
doubted2
doubted2
18:35 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
your right but rules are rules

i guess with your input its somthing to do with your clan then

it dosnt surprise me now
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:36 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
i dont get why we are having this discussion
We're not questioning the rule during the season at all. I was questioning why rules are in place between seasons.

Deactivation in itself is not a bad thing- it's only bad when players deactivate to circumvent the transfer rules. Since this is not the case between seasons (because there are no transfer restrictions at that time), getting a new account shouldn't be punished. That was all.

It's really nothing major. The rule is good when applied during the season (meaning once the preseason friendlies have started).
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:38 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
what you mean craig? i said i don't care if it happens or not, neither does seb or sarny.

seb asks if sarny is eligible, jay posts and if this debate didnt happen it would have stuck
doubted2
doubted2
18:39 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
seb then leave it be ... whats the problem the rule is there for a reason
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:39 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
oh and will people stop about the snooker squad thing, sounds like a vendetta sort of thing now.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:41 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
seb then leave it be ... whats the problem the rule is there for a reason
It's there for a reason DURING the season. It's there for no reason BETWEEN seasons.

The conversation between ab and me was effectively finished before your complaint that I shouldn't say anything.
doubted2
doubted2
18:44 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
seb the rules for admission to the FCL are there for a reason they apply from when the season starts which includes pre season friendlies because thats is part of the season

it did say it was over did it lol

Edited at 16:47 Fri 10/02/12 (GMT)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:46 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
You should read what I said in my previous post:
whocares8x8 said:
The rule is good when applied during the season (meaning once the preseason friendlies have started).

My question is: why should players be prevented from creating a new account BETWEEN seasons when they're allowed to transfer anyway?

But everything has already been said if you read ab_rfc's and my posts earlier.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
19:12 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
To be honest the league shouldn't be allowing accounts under 1 month to register early, they shouldn't be on the team list handed in at the start of the season and shouldn't be on the website, Captains should add the player in team changes once the players account becomes 1 month old, the player is a new signing and waits for the next fixture set in accordance with the following rule.

1.8 Quarantine for new signings
Only players (user names) who are registered for a clan at the time each fixture is released may play games in that fixture. Any player that joins the clan after this point is not eligible to play until the following set of fixtures. Note that this means players changing their user name are also not eligible to play until the next set of fixtures.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:19 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yep, that's exactly what I was questioning when it occurs between seasons.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:22 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lots of people including myself, with Unbeatables, have created new accounts and registered with a clan (announced, clan pics etc) before my account was 1 month old, MVP even did it with Jay, I remember because we made accounts at about the same time. BUT we never played for the clan before our accounts were 1 month old.

Now in my eyes, sarny_lad is officially recognised by Snooker Squad regardless of being 1 month or not. We decided that Snooker Squad, in this case, could play sarny_lad as he became eligible before the official start date of 4th March and should also be allowed to prove his reliability to Snooker Squad and us League Runners - which is the point of pre seasons friendlies - to prove your worth.
doubted2
doubted2
21:30 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
why ?

clan friendlies are official the rules apply
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:42 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
To be honest, it makes absolutely no odds to any other clans. Points from pre-seasons are not counted as part of overall score at the end of the season. Pre-seasons are about proving reliability which is what we are allowing SS to do.

League runners say overrides a rule as its our job to run it as we see fit. The decision to allow sarny_lad to play has been made and is final. Now you lot can "discuss" this to your hearts content but I allowed SS to include sarny_lad and I stand by my reasons for doing so - so decision = final !
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:42 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
why ?

clan friendlies are official the rules apply

sorry snooker squad but i agree, what is the point in doing clan friendlies when rules are twisted to help clans qualify, not even in the season and rules are being bent.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
21:48 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
diamond_jem said:
To be honest, it makes absolutely no odds to any other clans. Points from pre-seasons are not counted as part of overall score at the end of the season. Pre-seasons are about proving reliability which is what we are allowing SS to do.

League runners say overrides a rule as its our job to run it as we see fit. The decision to allow sarny_lad to play has been made and is final. Now you lot can "discuss" this to your hearts content but I allowed SS to include sarny_lad and I stand by my reasons for doing so - so decision = final !

Is this some sort of joke ?, looking good for the season ahead, NOT lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:48 Fri 10 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Official rules commence 4th March 2012.

I have no doubt SS would qualify without sarny_lad, but they are being given a chance to test the reliability of their players.

If they didn't test sarny_lad in pre seasons, but was given a proper league game and he was an awful player in terms of reliability and turning up to games, etc, we would have arguments and possibly defaults to then sort.
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread..

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.