Back to Forum List.

Pages: 178
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:25 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
im done with this mess

at least i got permission ,,,,

Accuse me of double standards and then you say that? like i said and ipotalot said i said he shouldnt be eligible then, i was under the impression that he was a free agent. I also thought Wolf Pack folded before the season was even over anyway, maybe im wrong i don't know.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:26 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
There is a problem with this rule, which has unfortunately led to shooters withdrawing from the cup. The present games in div 2 league , can carry on . The rule will be changed for next season, to ensure this does not happen again

The matter is not up for further discussion.

Sarah
League Runner
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:26 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Correct you are!
Wolf Pack finished the season as well and tinie and jose_enrique shouldn't have been eligible.
I had no idea that they completed the season, so I never asked.

If clans fold during the season, their records have to be removed.
A lot of games have to be replayed I think...
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:27 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
whocares8x8 said:
bluenose1872 said:
doubted2 said:
jose played for wolf pack as did tinnie i think

Didn't they fold after the season in division one was over?

Technically that would mean i had an ineligible player in our cup game aswell then i think.
Wolf Pack didn't make it to the end of the season I thought. That's why it's different.

Wolf Pack isn't listed as a clan on the website for that reason.

Wolf pack did finish the season seb

http://sites.google.com/site/funkybilliardsleague/division-1-fixtures/set-5

and finished fourth in the table

Tinie was also ineligible for that fixture then.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:27 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
what happens to the cup game? if wolf pack did in fact finish the season then tinie would be ineligible, if that was the case why did sarah post saying Wolf Pack, Mouses and UB was free agents? it was only for that reason we added tinie for the final set.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:28 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think revamping that rule would help out a bunch Sarah.

I'll gladly replay any games that need replayed in the cup if doubted wants to, but he sounds adamant that they have resigned.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:30 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:30 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
anoneeemouse said:
q_tip said:
The season had finished for Div 1. Meaning that all players registered with they clans that finished the season in div 1 cannot transfer into division 2. Just because they have a longer schedule because of the amount of teams involved has no bearing on the rule. The Division 1 players of mouseketeers and wolf pack cannot play again this season for another clan. It's clear as day.
The flaw in the current rule ,

1.6 Withdrawing clans
When a clan withdraws or is dissolved during a season all players in that clan are immediately considered free agents and may be signed by other clans at any time.

The players played in season 3, the teams folded in season 3, season 3 is still ongoing , meaning the teams folded during the season , as the rule states.

If the teams folded in season 3 how did they finish 3rd and 4th in season 3
Stop looking for loopholes and do the proper thing by the rules, common sense and decency!
It's getting beyond a joke you arguing that teams folded during a season when they finished all their games.
There is no interpretation issue with the rules you are just blatantly breaking them
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:31 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
No this isn't right sarah, the games played by these ineligible players should not stand, including ours (jose_enrique).

Let's take the time to get it right, should only be a few games to correct/replay.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:31 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
what happens to the league game? if wolf pack did in fact finish the season then tinie would be ineligible, if that was the case why did sarah post saying Wolf Pack, Mouses and UB was free agents? it was only for that reason we added tinie for the final set.

im guessing it would be void and would have to put a sub in tinies place?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:32 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
No this isn't right sarah, the games played by these ineligible players should not stand, including ours (jose_enrique).

Let's take the time to get it right, should only be a few games to correct/replay.

Yeah its only 2 matches i think
doubted2
doubted2
02:32 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
seb division 2 games

probs looking at 2 or three

so thats not a problem
that can be done i guess

we have resigned from the cup and that still stands,,,, so that keeps everyone happy then no games need to be replayed

pythons have the cup, on that im not bothered, they also played an ineligible player aswell

as far as im concerned shooters will hold there heads high on this issue and do the correct thing

however i will say one thing all comments were aimed at shooters and id like to point out there are other teams guilty of the same thing i wonder if theyd do the honourable thing

shooters were only in a cup final
we wernt using players in the league also

have a great night

Edited at 00:37 Thu 16/02/12 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:33 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:

and tinie, and yeah would the game need an extension of couple days due to the mess?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:34 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
jose_enrique played 2 games for us, so those should be replayed. Should I just name someone else to play them?

Haven't checked for other clans.

edit: dgen, tinie is with Pythons in FBL for now.
doubted2
doubted2
02:42 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
diamond_jem

what is relevant to this thread is the blatant ignorance of an extremely clear rule that has been bent to suit a clan in connection with a league runner. something which FCL will never do and something that i would never ask jay to do! everyone but members of clan shooters agrees that those 2 players shouldnt be allowed to play, in the words of craig... "hmmmm very strange that

hmmmmmm an apology maybe
you truly are unbiased now shoe is other foot ,,,, anymore comments jem,,,,,, we were in the cup only ????

silence is golden and speaks volumes dosnt it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:43 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
A mistake was made by the league craig, it happens, it can be rectified, the teams didn't do anything wrong because they had permission but wrongly.
As soon as it was realised by the other teams involved they have offered to replay games involving the players.
Nobodies honour is at stake lol and no reason to withdraw from the cup unless you don't have eligible, willing players that is.
doubted2
doubted2
02:44 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
read above lee

do you believe your last post
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
02:45 Thu 16 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
In the words of Jay "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion".

Again i will state no rule was bent to suit anyone, already explained this to you on an earlier post. Now in your so very nice words that you like to use so much "End of this now".
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
jose_enrique 4 vs 2 upforit
jose_enrique 5 vs 1 cke1982
tinie 3 vs 3 0utlaw
tinie 5 vs 1 beatnicpres
mighty_zeus 6 vs 0 hotdave

Those are all the games that need to be replayed I think.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
anoneeemouse said:
The flaw in the current rule ,

1.6 Withdrawing clans
When a clan withdraws or is dissolved during a season all players in that clan are immediately considered free agents and may be signed by other clans at any time.

The players played in season 3, the teams folded in season 3, season 3 is still ongoing , meaning the teams folded during the season , as the rule states.
I still stand by this, and believe that no rules were broken , but i will definately make sure there can be no misinterpretations of the new rule next season.

However, as captains are happy to replay games , then a 3 day extension will be given to the teams involved, to get them replayed.

I hope this solves the problem, if captains need to know which games need replaying, then please offline message me and i will send the details.

Sarah
League Runner
Pages: 178
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.