League Discussion Thread (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18889
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:48 Fri 31 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
+ clan based on player ranks would never work due to resets and ranks can be very up n down i know not with the best players on the site but resets do happen with these players
fade_2_black
fade_2_black
15:52 Fri 31 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
+ clan based on player ranks would never work due to resets and ranks can be very up n down i know not with the best players on the site but resets do happen with these players

You talking about JIMMY
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:55 Fri 31 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
lol nah that dont come under him as hes never back long enough to get his rank up to 800+
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
23:58 Fri 31 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
So all are aware The Mafia have decided to pull out of the FCL as they want to continue as a SL team like they started . So there is now ten clans signed up to the league, this one division thing may be coming after all if more drop out (i have had word though that a new team may be being made for the season)
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
17:42 Sat 1 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
For anyone that does not know the schedule for next season has been written below for the FCL. Please not the transfer window will close on the 23rd of this month so any signing after that date is not allowed.

This schedule has been written out and an FBL one has also been done to match it but with a weeks difference like people wanted.

Fixture Set Five & Cup Four - This set does have a three week deadline instead of the normal two weeks due to it being played over Christmas so i decided to give an extra week for that.

If the league does go to one division then the schedule will not change much but it may have one extra fixture set but that is the current new schedule that i am working from.

23rd September 2012 - Deadline For Transfers
30th September 2012 - Admin
7th October 2012 - Pre Season
14th October 2012 -
21st October 2012 - Admin Work (Teamsheets)
28th October 2012 - Fixture Set One
4th November 2012 -
11th November 2012 - Fixture Set Two & Cup One
18th November 2012 -
25th November 2012 - Fixture Set Three & Cup Two
2nd December 2012 -
9th December 2012 - Fixture Set Four & Cup Three
16th December 2012 -
23th December 2012 - Fixture Set Five & Cup Four
30th December 2012 -
6th January 2013 -
13th January 2013 Cup Final
20th January 2013 -
27th January 2013 - End Of Season
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:47 Sat 1 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
mafia not pulling out
the__priest
the__priest
13:49 Mon 3 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
a quick question thoughts please

with there being very few clans this season and so many players available

is it possible to have a none playing captain

the reason for it is simple, with 3 leagues you need someone to organise all the fixtures, post results etc, these players it has been proven before get less playing time,
their are people willing to do these jobs

currently a captain needs to be a player named within the team taking up a valuable playing place
is this really necessary

we dont want to make 3 seperate teams in 3 leagues with a captain for each team just to free up space

all we want is one team to compete in all 3 leagues

i could post this on all 3 threads, but i think it makes easy being on here

thoughts please
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:56 Mon 3 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
So an extra player, if captain isnt named?^
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:06 Mon 3 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
we do this in my league good idea here, as for example hughsy89 for Vikings was on and off for a while so me and seb allowed him to be a non playing captain.

they must be aware that they cannot play in the fixture themselves until they are officially in the team again but can do anything else a normal captain can do
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:10 Mon 3 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
So an extra player, if captain isnt named?^

nah as they can't play in the fixture if they choose this role, but can still do team changes, subs etc.

its like a non playing list in a clan if you will for example if anoneeemouse wanted to take a break from clan games to let someone else play she could still captain but not actually play until she was added again but she would still be a sinner until she left the clan
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:59 Mon 3 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Idea- could up the limit to 20 a clan but you give 4 names that aren't eligible for that set when you give in the teamsheets so you still effectively have the same pool to pick from.
Lot of people work away for months, have login problems on the site or go on holidays and we have the 3 leagues now.

...not even sure if it is a good idea myself but worth throwing out there
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
21:07 Mon 3 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Craig - I already spoke to Sarah about what you mentioned and i said no mate as it has never been allowed. Captains need to be named as they would need to post substitutions and results and all of that, non playing captains/players who are not on the team list are technically nothing to do with the league.

Lee - I think for now the limit should be kept as it is as upping it especially to 20 would cause more problems for clans and may lessen the amount of clans who join the league, i think 20 is to much but possibly 18 would be alright?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:17 Mon 3 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Lee - I think for now the limit should be kept as it is as upping it especially to 20 would cause more problems for clans and may lessen the amount of clans who join the league, i think 20 is to much but possibly 18 would be alright?

Would be happy with that, think you are right with 20 being too much as well.
Used to be against the upping of sizes but when you have loyal players you don't want to be forced to chop them because they can't get on for a month and with the other leagues going strong there is plenty of games to keep everyone happy with 18
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:53 Mon 3 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
18 is good :) wish same would be done on snooker
punkpoet
punkpoet
22:01 Mon 3 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think 16 is more than enough, if you get reliable players the fixtures can easily be done. mouses had very little defaults and we really had 13 active players.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:06 Mon 3 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Sur its enough, but more than enough, idk. Just saying like in snooker i had 18 signing need to drop 2.. ffs all such nice players

But on here we have 15 atm..would like to have a few more why not?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:18 Mon 3 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
18 is good :) wish same would be done on snooker

nah 16 is more than enough, before clan league days was a clan called Thunder Hawx who had 25-30 players in their clan, just don't want to go down that route again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:29 Tue 4 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Thunder Budgies?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:30 Tue 4 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Thunder Budgies?

yeah them
the__priest
the__priest
02:26 Tue 4 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
reading the posts there are some points that were discussed in a positive manner

would it be possible to consider 18 players jay and or 1 non playing captain

cheers
Pages: 18889
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.