League Discussion Thread (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19091
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:06 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Towards the end of the season I know UT had a lot but that's because I was offline and not chasing games from My players
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:10 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Towards the end of the season I know UT had a lot but that's because I was offline and not chasing games from My players
But you gave them all permission to sub in, if they were reliable it should have been done. Im out of it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:11 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Why has the idea of increasing the number of players come up in the first place?
Did we have an excessive amount of defaults this season?
Because we didn't have reliable players.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:12 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Why has the idea of increasing the number of players come up in the first place?

I'm not sure who mentioned it in the first place, think it was due to having 20 players wanting to join a clan with only 16 available places. But defaults come into the conversation afterwards, but increasing the number of players to decrease defaults clearly hasn't worked based on the fact every season we end up having the same conversation of "too many defaults". the only thing different I see is that no1 can work out why there are so many defaults considering we have a max of 16 players in each team.

It's not the number of players that's the issue, it's the number of unreliable players in clans, the amount of fixtures there is to play and the short deadline to go with it. Well that's my opinion anyway. If we were to lose a league, lose unreliable players and run 2 leagues alternatively, I doubt very much there will be as many default. But as I said, just my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree or comment lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:18 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  

I'm not sure who mentioned it in the first place, think it was due to having 20 players wanting to join a clan with only 16 available places. But defaults come into the conversation afterwards, but increasing the number of players to decrease defaults clearly hasn't worked based on the fact every season we end up having the same conversation of "too many defaults". the only thing different I see is that no1 can work out why there are so many defaults considering we have a max of 16 players in each team.

It's not the number of players that's the issue, it's the number of unreliable players in clans, the amount of fixtures there is to play and the short deadline to go with it. Well that's my opinion anyway. If we were to lose a league, lose unreliable players and run 2 leagues alternatively, I doubt very much there will be as many default. But as I said, just my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree or comment lol

http://www.funkypool.com/thread/18651/league-discussion-thread-2/91#1427852

Thought I had answered that originally, it wasn't to do with unreliable players it was to do with cover for very reliable players who are away for a few weeks or have computer issues.
Why lose a league? As myself and stu have stated it is possible to get new players into clans, not just about moving around the same players.
Teams will lose 2 or 3 players in a short period of time and suddenly be struggling over the season, why not allow cover?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:23 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
16 players in a clan, 2 or 3 lose computer, internet, go on holiday or what ever. 8 games per fixture and 16 players aint enough to cover?

If it's just a one off, then why are so many people making an issue about it?

I personally don't give a damn how many leagues I'm playing in, very rarely does any of my games go to default. I was just throwing a suggestion out there if defaults and numbers of players is an issue.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:23 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Craig mentioned it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:25 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes to cover them would be great, but thats for unreliability
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:26 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
16 players in a clan, 2 or 3 lose computer, internet, go on holiday or what ever. 8 games per fixture and 16 players aint enough to cover?

I personally don't give a damn how many leagues I'm playing in, very rarely does any of my games go to default. I was just throwing a suggestion out there if defaults and numbers of players is an issue.
Your just one person, this season had most defaults ever was it?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:30 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Sniper i have no idea what you point is, yes I know I'm only 1 person, and every person has the choice whether or not to play in 1 league or all 3.

If people cant get online enough to play 3 leagues, then simple, don't enter that player in all 3 leagues.

And I have no idea is this season had the most defaults ever, and frankly I don't care, I play the games I'm entered in to, and that's all I care about as I'm just a player.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:32 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah obviously, people wouldnt enter sum 1 in all 3 leagues, if they didn't think those players would get games done, if you enter all 16, you have a good chance at getting games done. More players to sub in.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:35 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Tbh 16 players should be enough, if you look at UT last season only about 8-9 players were always active and played the games so It is possible, it was only towards the end when I had to care for my pregnant gf thT games didn't get played
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:35 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Sniper I aint even gonna have the discussion with you.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:38 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Tbh 16 players should be enough, if you look at UT last season only about 8-9 players were always active and played the games so It is possible, it was only towards the end when I had to care for my pregnant gf thT games didn't get played
All true, but it is a bit worrying when the difference between no defaults and about 7 defaults is one person not being around all the time. Doesn't bode well for the reliability of UT players.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:39 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Again it was originally answered that we get
16 games FCL a fortnight upped to 23 with cup
16 games FBL a fortnight upped to 23 with cup
10 games FSL a fortnight

That's 42/52 not 8 and you are not accounting for if clans lose a couple of players too...does take a week or 2 to replace players and if you are down to 12/13 available for whatever reason 52 games can become a problem...as before why not allow extra cover?
Think the arguments that it is taking from the pool of players has been answered really.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:39 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Sniper I aint even gonna have the discussion with you.
That's what this thread is here for lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:41 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
All true, but it is a bit worrying when the difference between no defaults and about 7 defaults is one person not being around all the time. Doesn't bode well for the reliability of UT players.
Not to toot my own horn, but that's what i said. I don;t say these things to get recognition, but when people don't see that, then i will post on it again. Not your fault Matty, just you gave permission and it couldn't get played with what 2-3 days left?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:42 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  

That's true also, I think the problem was a combination of me not being online to chase up the opponents and also my own players not being te most active of forum users.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:44 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah I know sniper, but as I stated, I'm no longer having the discussion with you.

Ok Lee, nice breakdown of the fixtures involved in the clan leagues.

so why stop at 18? or even 20? can't we just have unlimited number of players in a clan, better yet, no need to actually register players, just pick people out the chat room for cover

As I stated, why not alternate the leagues, just like football league and international competitions, be easier on the players, less games to play during the same deadline period.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:44 Wed 5 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Pages: 19091
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.