FBL discussion (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
horse10000
horse10000
03:36 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Please can i add that is not blackmail, i am standing up for my clan who will be penalised for following the rules / format that was presented by the league runners. This is despite the fact that i posted and requested on more than one occasion for league staff to change it before anyone played 2 games, they refused and now the same league staff are going to penalise my clan. Sorry but i would have hoped more clan players would have understood where i am coming from but obviously not
Yes, the people who said 2 games were not possible were right. There's nothing else to add- changing it to 1 game now is an admission of that.

But why threaten to leave the league over one game?? Very disproportionate response- more importantly, it's not the first time MVP have come out with these threats. Pretty much every time actually.

The one person who said 2 wasn't right was me. But if thats what league want i have followed their direction and we have completed 2 games in both fixtures. Lots of extra work and effort but we have proved it can be done. So 2 games is possible it is just hard work.

So if we get rid of straight after a fixture set where SS have scored 24 points you would be fine about it? I know i wouldn't if i was captain but maybe we are different
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:36 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yes, im sorry seb but i control what my clan do and what MVP do.. yep, im that in power around here..

you are a complete and utter ..... think before you speak..
eh? by "you" are holding the league at ransom I obviously meant the two clans involved...

nevermind... -_-

Obviously snooker squad dont mind this change.. it helps them catch up to MVP and also messes off their rivals.. i wondered why you were all for it.. and you accuse me of not having the best interests of the league in mind..

and for your information, i have no input on what TA or MVP do, if they leave the league though, im pretty sure what i said will happen... so please think.
horse10000
horse10000
03:37 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
No point in playing if rules are changed after the event. This rule could have been changed before and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

League staff chose not to listen and now they say yes you were right it should be one and we will penalise your clan for completing what we asked you to do
wowww, it's one single fixture!! I will personally lose my game to you in our next fixture if you all just quit whining lol. And this is after I lose out on the bonus points we'd easily get from this.

It is 2 games not one
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
03:39 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Im going to butt into this conversation to rephrase Keith on something he said. As a runner i have always said i did not think the two games would work you knew this and so did many others as apparently "i undermined my colleagues on that matter"
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
yes, im sorry seb but i control what my clan do and what MVP do.. yep, im that in power around here..

eh? by "you" are holding the league at ransom I obviously meant the two clans involved...

nevermind... -_-

Obviously snooker squad dont mind this change.. it helps them catch up to MVP and also messes off their rivals.. i wondered why you were all for it.. and you accuse me of not having the best interests of the league in mind..

why do people ALWAYS assume changes to favour our team, please...
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
So if we get rid of straight after a fixture set where SS have scored 24 points you would be fine about it? I know i wouldn't if i was captain but maybe we are different
If this experiment involved straight, and one of our straight games would be getting removed, I wouldn't like it, but I would certainly not threaten to pull my clan out of the league, because that is a really strong move and completely out of proportion to what's at stake.

Yes, it is possible to play both games. But it is not something that will happen on a regular basis across the two leagues. Therefore, it should be changed.

This is comparable to when a clan folds- you remove all their results, thereby punishing the clans that had wins earlier in the season against them. You have to do this so that everyone has the same number of games played... the other option would be to give 6-0 default wins for the remainder of the season to the opponents of the folded clan, which would turn it into a farce.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:41 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
mooksterman said:

This guy is trolling, best to just ignore him from now...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:42 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
so how far back do i go, and do I HAVE TO...
horse10000
horse10000
03:42 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  

nevermind... -_-

If you do the maths dgen it will favour SS and penalise MVP....... that is why

Helps if i had used the right figures
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:43 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
so how far back do i go, and do I HAVE TO...

They are changing the format half way through a season.. there is to be 1 less killer game.. however every team that has completed 2 so far will have 1 removed.. which pretty much hinders everyone that made an effort to complete two and rewards those that couldnt be bothered to complete them both.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
03:43 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Please can i add that is not blackmail

looks like it to me.

lets i asked you to rob a bank and i said if you don't i will tell everyone your secret thats blackmail.

here it is give is our wish or we will leave (not exactly the same but same principle).

had it on snooker as well last few days about the Players Championship.

removing 1 killer from first set (or even allow same players in both killers) eliminates more defaults and its fair to everyone.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:44 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
If you do the maths dgen it will favour SS and penalise MVP....... that is why

Helps if i had used the right figures
It's easy to undermine an argument by just claiming the other side only wants to try to profit. That's easier than talking about the issue itself.

I don't think I've read an answer to this:
You really think the 12 defaults, and their fallout, and all the points received from NOT playing games is the fairer and better solution going forward?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:44 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Please can i add that is not blackmail

lets i asked you to rob a bank and i said if you don't i will tell everyone your secret thats blackmail.

Yes for god sake Horse!!

Robbing a bank for crying out loud.. oh wait, your leaving a league that punishes you for completing games.. ahh
horse10000
horse10000
03:45 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Im going to butt into this conversation to rephrase Keith on something he said. As a runner i have always said i did not think the two games would work you knew this and so did many others as apparently "i undermined my colleagues on that matter"

Jay i know you didn't agree, but i gave league staff every opportunity to change to one fixture before any clan had played 2. They refused and said continue with 2, which is what MVP has done and now we are going to get penalised. Lol this really makes sense and sounds fair to me
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:45 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
They are changing the format half way through a season.. there is to be 1 less killer game..
ONE FIXTURE through the season lol.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
03:46 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't see it as blackmail, i see it as a captain sticking up for his team who spents hours on gettng these games arranged and played. Perfectly normal and even i can see a point being made.

That player championship is clearly aimed at me I had a right to do that since it would have been a lot worse is i was not put through since the other player was hardly on . I never threatened anything though i asked to be removed from all snooker leagues and i still do but i have told someone i will continue to play for another fixture.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:47 Sun 8 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
They are changing the format half way through a season.. there is to be 1 less killer game..

Tomato Tomato (different ways of pronouncing) sounds much better in my head.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
mooksterman said:

This guy is trolling, best to just ignore him from now...

np Seb, wrote my last post before you typed this.

modem will get turned off in 10 minutes anyway
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
I don't see it as blackmail, i see it as a captain sticking up for his team who spents hours on gettng these games arranged and played. Perfectly normal and even i can see a point being made.

Boss.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8

Tomato Tomato (different ways of pronouncing) sounds much better in my head.
tomato = tomato
one fixture does not equal half a season.

Nice one again though!
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.