FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 13839
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:03 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
We've never managed to enter a season yet lol. But at least our clan is full of clan and ex clan players. I've never heard of his lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:18 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
here is how i would rate clans before season:

Yes
Professionals
Uprising
Snooker Squad
Sinners
Mouseketeers
Underdogs
Vipers (proved reliable in past seasons)

No
Fighting Eagles (too many complaints and defaults)
Dark Destroyers (new clan but needs to prove themselves first)
Legend Killers (unreliable in past + no internet)

Unsure
Elite Force
Unbeatables (maybe a yes but lets see how it goes)
Chips n Gravy (as jim said been around 3 times and he would more likely be banned before season starts but on plus has quite alot of experienced members)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:24 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Dark Destroyers aren't FCL mate
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:49 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i just did all clans, saves time
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:53 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Pointless really though considering this is an FCL discussion thread
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:55 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares

punkpoet
punkpoet
23:10 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hey why do the teams proved to be reliable (in dgens list) need pre season friendlies to qualify?
I mean in fcl mouses got no defaults at all so surly we should be exempt as its not rocket science that we will be reliable -touch wood- LOL
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:22 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think it's just standard procedure tbh mate. If you enter your clan into the league, then by rights you need a pre-season friendly
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:47 Mon 31 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
its just to see how the new clans do really, its not very often an established clan doesn't make it into the league. without established clans to make up the numbers you don't get a fair reflection
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:11 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Before I let Jay on to comment from the League Runner perspective, I think that a lot of the points made are kind of pointless.

Defaults are predicted by a panel of several people and those 15-0 were unanimous by all panel members, if 5+ people all say the same thing then it stands really, so people should not question it. None of the defaults were based upon a clan or their players ability, is it based on effort made and in the cases where a clan may get 15-0 it is pretty obvious they do everything in their power to get it played.

Also I think the slagging off of Eagles is a bit hard, give fattmikee his dues he does try even if it is not the best approach. If people were a bit nicer to him then you may get somewhere, he has done the right thing and taken a step back to give kingdadcool a go at running the clan and I think they are doing much better the now.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:12 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
thats what i said every cloud has a silver lining
horse10000
horse10000
00:17 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hey why do the teams proved to be reliable (in dgens list) need pre season friendlies to qualify?
I mean in fcl mouses got no defaults at all so surly we should be exempt as its not rocket science that we will be reliable -touch wood- LOL

Agree totally it should be new clans and unreliable ones only
horse10000
horse10000
00:19 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
For the record league and cup winners have always been exempt from per qualification. Unless this has been changed as well!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:21 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Before I let Jay on to comment from the League Runner perspective, I think that a lot of the points made are kind of pointless.

Defaults are predicted by a panel of several people and those 15-0 were unanimous by all panel members, if 5+ people all say the same thing then it stands really, so people should not question it. None of the defaults were based upon a clan or their players ability, is it based on effort made and in the cases where a clan may get 15-0 it is pretty obvious they do everything in their power to get it played.

Also I think the slagging off of Eagles is a bit hard, give fattmikee his dues he does try even if it is not the best approach. If people were a bit nicer to him then you may get somewhere, he has done the right thing and taken a step back to give kingdadcool a go at running the clan and I think they are doing much better the now.

Agree and disagree Jema. Paul is doing a great job I cannot deny, but we were discussing what they were like before Mike stepped back. He was incompetent, frustrating, and very difficult to work with in getting fixtures played. I got abuse off him for merely asking for a sub a few days before deadline as my opponent had deactivated. I lost my rag and lost my posting rights lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:23 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Kind of missing the point. No one is questioning the default scores based on the information and the way the default guidelines are.

The issue is the fact that (just for simplicity here) two Fighting Eagles players and their team were not able to get games played against Professionals players and also were not able to evidence much effort in trying to get them played has impacted adversely on the chances of two other completely different clans (Snooker Squad and The Sinners - both unrelated to the default decision) winning the league.

That shouldnt be correct and there may be a better and fairer way that can help us all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:23 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well I have always found Mike easy to deal with He was alright if you knew how to deal with him but at least he accepted he wasn't doing what was required from a captain and stepped back, I say we should admire him a little for that
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:28 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well I have always found Mike easy to deal with He was alright if you knew how to deal with him but at least he accepted he wasn't doing what was required from a captain and stepped back, I say we should admire him a little for that

yup i respect him a bit for stepping down and now it is running much better. Hope Eagles do prove themselves next season as based on this season they shouldn't be in the league.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:34 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Maybe alternatively the maximum available default is based on the average scores from the other played games in that particular match?

Using that alongside existing scoring systems would have given the following I think...

Snooker Squad 575 won + 12 for default + 65 bonus = 652
The Professionals 555 won + 31 for default (2 x 10 & 1 x 11) + 65 bonus = 651
The Sinners 568 won + 8 for default (assuming maximum awarded) + 70 bonus = 646

Bearing in mind Snooker Squad had a higher percentage of frames won/frames played overall maybe that would have been a fairer outcome without drastically changing anything else?

Anyway thats something I am likely to trial for default maximum scores to see how it goes even though it impacts SL to a lesser extent.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:39 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

I think it's his terrible punctuation that puts me off lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:40 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
could try it for nothing chris, if it works (and people don't moan at defaults) then i will take back everything i said, if not then no harm done. Its the Super League though so not a lot of defaults

as i have always said about FCL the fact that 15 frames go to default makes the default tough, more points that go to default the tougher it is, whether its 15, 30, 60, 120 etc. Less frames going to default the easier it is, unless its a cup game where full points must be given and no info to base it on or 1 frame with equal effort etc.

I always like short formats though but longer the format the top teams will always win. .
Pages: 13839
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.