FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 13940
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:51 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I always like short formats though but longer the format the top teams will always win. .

Nothing wrong with long formats and the best teams winning - but similarly nothing wrong with seeking ways to improve the fairness in how it happens.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
00:51 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Edited at 23:02 Mon 31/12/12 (GMT)
horse10000
horse10000
00:52 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I would like the FCL to change each game type to points for a win for each game type.

US 8 Ball = Player A 3 - 2 Player B = 2 points Player A
US 9 Ball = Player A 0 - 5 Player B = 2 points Player B
US 8 Ball = Player A 1 - 4 Player B = 2 points Player B

Game score would be 4 - 2 in points to player B

Overall score is 11 - 4 to player B.

This only gives a 2 point lead in the old format it is a 7 point gap.

As each game type stands on its own it means even if you lose the first game 5-0. If you win the next 2 game type 3-2 you would still win more points.

Most players heads go down if they lost the first 5 games, but with this change you can forget about them and start again in the second and third game types.

Quoted this post i done a while back as it was to try and stop the scenario that Chris speaks off and it also takes away from the winning 15-0 scenario. Largest default score would be 6-0 and if you keep the game win bonus it would be unlikely to win the league from a 6-0 default unless you had lots of them which would then make you question the other clans in the league if that was happening.

Knowing where Chris is coming from being an MVP player that was affected in the past i do think the scoring needs to be looked at as why should defaults decide a league.

Bump for thoughts
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:03 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:04 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Defaults are done, end of really but feel free to continue this discussion with yourself but from where i see it i will not comment on it any further on that situation.

Fighting Eagles - Some have said they should not be in the league, i would have agreed with that from set two and three, possibly the first one too actually (i was at one point very close to kicking them out as some people know) but during the last few sets Mike has been a lot easier to deal with and get subs and other things as he is not getting spoken to like crap (except from a certain few that he hates, i was a culprit to at one point as where many). Their defaults in the last two sets have been right down and much better and he has brought in more reliable players so their chance to get into the new season is safe! End of that topic from me to.

This whole "should only let nine clans in to the league thing", what kind of ridiculous idea is that? So you want me to sit there and say "well you three can not be in the league because we have nine already", if that is the case then say good bye to Professionals, Snooker Squad and Chips N Gravy (Is a joke by the way). No way would i ever choose to do that, more clans = more games. Whole point of the pre season is to try and get rid an idea of who is reliable and who is not, you can not predict the future with defaults as their is circumstances which comes with defaults.

Continued....
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
Legend Killers have been spoken to and that is all anyone needs to know except the way it is looking they will not be allowed into the league anyway. I also dont see why people are slagging off teams at all especially Kenny, you do know that Legend Killers had a full season before and actually placed above Vipers? (Just stating a fact)

I will not be changing the point system of the league to Keiths idea as stated before when we first mentioned, even though i do like it. It would
basically be a longer version of the FBL points, plus hardly anyone has ever wanted it to change before. I will not be going with two divisions in the new season either as many people have grown to like the new one division.

While I am here, there will be a few more rules in the new season, one being that substitutions and swaps will banned until the second week of the fixture except in extreme circumstances (deactivated players over the 7 day reactivation period and banned players). This is to stop match fixing which has been an issue the past two seasons and I have had some complaints about it. Also I spend a lot of time arranging and releasing the fixtures only to find three or four subs are made within an hour of the games being released, some regard this as match fixing.

Continued...
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
Deadline day will be all restrictions lifted, meaning that even a normal clan player can post a sub on behalf of their own clan even without the captains permission. (captains permission could be given if they want to but would not be needed for deadline day at all). As long as the subs or a swap are eligible then it will be fine. This is been done to also try and lower the default count as it has been a problem in the past with no captain or a vice online to make the sub needed on that day.
Man this is like an essay now so I am going to stop right now as there is going to be one or two more rules amended/added which I will announce later.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:13 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
i just wrote how i personally feel about the two teams, the clan (eagles) is running alot better now thanks to paul helping mike. If i had to base a decision at start of season i would say no, at the end certain improvements so i would say yes and overall would be an unsure but 7 defaults for the season is like a black cloud.

for legend killers sniper has to depend on a phone to run the clan and i rarely see vices to help (except khukuri) so it would be difficult to keep it going.

like i said though this is just my opinion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:15 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well as Jay said, we have both spoken to Sniper regarding a place in the FCL and the FBL, he knows what is expected from him. By all means we have allowed him to stick his clan down on the sign up sheets but unless he meets the basic criteria for a clan (e.g. minimum players, reliable VC's to accompany him) we will not allow him to compete in the Pre-Season Friendlies for a chance to gain entry to the main Leagues.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:18 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
For the record league and cup winners have always been exempt from per qualification. Unless this has been changed as well!!!

depends on if the clan wants extra practice really, they are exempt of course but they could choose to play too. think thats right
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
Further more;

Jay and Jem have passed control of the FCL and FBL over to me.i have with pleasure greatfully accepted and im gonna do my upmost to improve on all the mistakes and lacklustre effort they put in .

Thanks..

Thoughts!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
Further more;

Jay and Jem have passed control of the FCL and FBL over to me.i have with pleasure greatfully accepted and im gonna do my upmost to improve on all the mistakes and lacklustre effort they put in .

Thanks..

Thoughts!!

Jog on Kitty!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:20 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
i smiled at that haha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:27 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's a time to smile so why i thought il make someone smile across the water.

hey look it worked.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:47 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:50 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

If was a women or a bottle of Jager..that sad smiley would change quick fast!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:53 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
05:24 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Maybe alternatively the maximum available default is based on the average scores from the other played games in that particular match?

In general I agree with your principle of limiting defaults because of the large amount of points in the FCL.

But I would suggest using the average score of the player that has won the default. If the average score is 9-6 but the players going to default are lethal_lures vs somebody, we wouldn't be too happy with a 9-6, because he averages a higher score than that usually!

So maybe use the average score in the player's previous games. If there is none, use the average score from the games in the fixture.

(Ex.: lethal_lures averages an 11-4 score so his default will be 11-4. If it's the first game of the season, the default will be what you said- the average of the games in the current fixture).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:01 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Defaults have never had anything to do with players ability and never should be linked.
The suggestions are so ridiculously flawed here. What has a players previous games got to do with the score they would have got against a totally different player from a different standard of team?
Glad Jay ruled out limiting the number of clans too, you would want as many people getting into clans as possible not stopping people playing.
Sometimes people get lucky and play a team struggling for players and get a couple of big defaults...so what?! Sure proffesionals wouldnt have been bleating about it were the situations reversed.
You play teams months apart in this one division setup so everybody is different strengths when you play them anyway.
You cant cover every eventuality and as long as the defaults are judged the same for each team then it's fair.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:18 Tue 1 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
would be nice to see more people in clans. worked out of all 12 currently enter it would be 192 players which i have seen before from Players Championship. After the friendlies it may be about 9 anyway, just hope defaults is kept to a minimum.

Two divisions was just a joke from me really. Hope win bonus doesn't get increased, bad enough as it is. As for defaults not sure where i go with that but for now i stand by what i said last night, In some situations defaults can't be helped though.
Pages: 13940
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.