The Clan League - News and Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:03 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Btw I'm not slating this league and I'm not saying I doesnt look good
because it does I was just stating a couple of opinions I had for league runners to take on board i don't expect changes at least not before a season is tested and tried and I fully respect chris with the way you ran the sl the past two seasons no defaults is pretty awesome, I don't want the runners of this league to think that I have a vendetta against it as I don't I actually really like the format set up apart from gbs lol that's my own little problem with gbs in general :-)

AGREE
horse10000
horse10000
01:03 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
A true reflection of skill is the fcl

Yep thanks matty. Just a shame I didn't copyright it

Not that I couldn't improve it still further.

Yeh should have copyrighted it when you created it, then again maybe as you created it you should ask jay to stop copying your format

Btw I'm not slating this league and I'm not saying I doesnt look good because it does I was just stating a couple of opinions I had for league runners to take on board i don't expect changes at least not before a season is tested and tried and I fully respect chris with the way you ran the sl the past two seasons no defaults is pretty awesome, I don't want the runners of this league to think that I have a vendetta against it as I don't I actually really like the format set up apart from gbs lol that's my own little problem with gbs in general :-)

Yeh i can see, on the 3 game types you only have 5 in over 4000 games so 2000 breaks Not surprised you don't want them in
horse10000
horse10000
01:06 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The clan league sign up

Professionals (provisionally)
Chips n Gravy
Vipers
Elite force
Fighting Eagles
The Sinners
Uprising
Underdogs
Unbeatables
Snooker Squad
Dark Destroyers
mouseketeers

To bring this back to the League launch. I think the above is the latest list of entrants.

Please can you send your team lists to me when you have them so that provisionally the league will be able to commence on Sunday January 20th.

Bump
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:10 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I know how to gb I just choose not to use the break as its not a real win :-).
the__priest
the__priest
01:13 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
matty are you sure

wow quick edit

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:17 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I didn't edit anything :-/
horse10000
horse10000
01:17 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Thought gb was pure luck. If you know how to do it there must be skill involved
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:18 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Haha, that's a point I wouldn't say skill as much as its all about where u hit the ball but could you do it on a real table?
horse10000
horse10000
01:20 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Haha, that's a point I wouldn't say skill as much as its all about where u hit the ball but could you do it on a real table?

Yes I can
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:28 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
^^^blow own trumpet lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:04 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Yes I can

In fairness I had back to back in uk last week in real life lol.
horse10000
horse10000
02:13 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Yes I can

Must be some skill involved somewhere
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:18 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Yes I can

Must be some skill involved somewhere

Ill take that as a backhanded compliment, if I am honest yes there is an ELEMENT of skill but its 80% luck and you can't deny that yourself pal.
horse10000
horse10000
02:27 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Never said I did. But there is also skill involved that has been my point all along.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:28 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Never said I did. But there is also skill involved that has been my point all along.

Not a lot but yes some i still think there is more skill in running out or seven balling someone.
horse10000
horse10000
02:32 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Not a lot but yes some i still think there is more skill in running out or seven balling someone.

Run out yes, 7 ball not really as you get far more of them than you get gb's
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:33 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Run out yes, 7 ball not really as you get far more of them than you get gb's

Ahhh well we will agree to disagree and finally let you runners hve this thread back for what it is meant to be used for :-p
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
02:36 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
more of a good technique than a skill to me. Would argue a runout should be worth 2 and gb worth 1 but 9 ball complicates things. It doesn't seem to occur as much as a runout so i'd say in the current system it works.

7 ballings depend entirely on each 7 balling. e.g. clearing the other person's break can be as good as a runout, though when it's just through the other persons inability to pot it doesnt mean so much

Though people who go for runout's over gb's automatically are more awesome
beenjammin
beenjammin
02:49 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think it would Matty, that the golden breaks sway the system toward the lesser players. Don't we all agree it raises their chance of winning a match

isnt that the point? we need to make things close as possible not favour the big teams. In fact just raising the format means top teams should win almost any match

The point, I think, should be to keep the luck factor as low as possible, and let the best man (or clan) win.
Points for runouts do that, points for GB's reward a lucky shot. (yes, there's some skill involved in a GB, but it's skill in making your own luck, it's still luck when you get one)

The question is, do you want to find the best clan?, or give everyone a chance?
I personally give the most prestige to the league with the lowest luck factor.(So far it's always been the FCL because of the long format)

About this league in general, like Matty I love the format, everything but the GB's. I especially like the bonus points for winning game types. This part, ( I think seb pointed it out first in other words) lowers the luck factor.

Also like matty, I'm not trying to belittle TCL, just suggesting what would make me like it even more.

I'll stop now, my mouth is shut
horse10000
horse10000
03:10 Sat 12 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The clan league sign up

Professionals (provisionally)
Chips n Gravy
Vipers
Elite force
Fighting Eagles
The Sinners
Uprising
Underdogs
Unbeatables
Snooker Squad
Dark Destroyers
mouseketeers

To bring this back to the League launch. I think the above is the latest list of entrants.

Please can you send your team lists to me when you have them so that provisionally the league will be able to commence on Sunday January 20th.

Bump
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Clan League - News and Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Super League and The Players Championship.
Back to Forum List.