Back to Fun Links.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18889
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
19:25 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Queen's Park - sniper

Squad Depth - 6/10
In the end, 21 players who could come into a rotation system isn't bad. Good cover for everywhere except D(C). Only 4 players can play there, one is a 78 and two are right back covers in real life so possibly may lose the central position during the season. Injuries and suspensions here might spell trouble, or force the formation to one with 3 at the back

First XI - (Avg 91) 7/10
Some good quality players who could pose a threat. Some to rise, some with great futures. Losing players from here means losing stars though, another one who needs to take care. With Courtois in goal, they have someone who can stay in goal for years and years and could well be the best keeper in the world in the next few years

Star Player - David Alaba (93) 8/10
Arguably the best left back in the world and playing for the best team in the world so a very bright future for him. He might be best suited to playing in midfield though instead of defence to make sure he is the heart of the team and play Alba at left back.

Manager Rating - (6th) 7/10
Coming into contention with a strong Bayern side in the league. Though second to Barca, they are currently leading the charge to catch them and proving to be a hard side to beat. Could be more of the same here if the team isn't injury struck

Overall 28/40
Probably the most talked about manage for his transfer policy, he's got the players he wants and making them last is crucial for his success chances

Edited at 17:29 Mon 10/03/14 (GMT)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
Liverpool - Erigert

Squad Depth - 6/10
Bare minimum amount of players and a few who don't get close to the first 11. Not good and almost certainly will need to rely on lower rated players to help out. Though a good base of quality is available, the lack of numbers is evident.

First XI - (Avg 93) 9/10
A vast amount of talent throughout will make this a tough side for anyone to get a result against. Perhaps a slight edge towards attacking intent here. Attack is the best form of defence though.

Star Player - Cristiano Ronaldo (98) 10/10
A game changer and would be crucial to any team. Could be topping the golden boot charts and the attacking options could see him setting up Aguero and Cavani enough to give him him a run at topping the assist charts too.

Manager Rating - (3rd) 8/10
In a slump at the moment, but over the 3 seasons so far a great winning record with Inter and close to 2 points per game on average. Replicating that here with this squad spells a title challenge, though a serious lack of depth means they won't quite be favourites because of injury potential.

Overall 33/40
A title challenger, but the successfulness is largely hinged on squad depth. An early exit in cup competitions would be a blessing in disguise

Edited at 17:30 Mon 10/03/14 (GMT)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
Shakhtar Donetsk - faust

Squad Depth - 6/10
A big squad at 27, but a clear divide in quality takes out about 10 of those players from first team action if there aren't injuries. means 17 players so perhaps the smallest first squad to choose from. Fullbacks look like the weakest position.

First XI - (Avg 92) 8/10
A good balance of quality throughout and a dangerous looking side on its day. Defensively might need to play 3 at the back to combat the lack of fullback talent, going forward there is plenty of versatility though. Might be a question of how to cover up any defensive holes with attacking play.

Star Player - Sergio Busquets (95) 10/10
A great player, and very versatile in the right formations. would be a rock at the heart of defence or midfield and he has a significant part to play in Liverpool's season for them to succeed.

Manager Rating - (7th) 6/10
A squad that still needs a little more work to move its way up the table though Stu hasn't been there that long. A respectable tally of points he has accrued so far, but he'll be wanting to aim higher next season and in this I'd imagine is his chance to prove he can.

Overall 30/40
A decent prospect for the title and a tough team to face no doubt. Cup runs may hinder the squad though, in turn hindering chances to win important games. Not one to write off by any means though.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
19:26 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Kaiserslautern - raptorman

Squad Depth - 7/10
probably looking about 22 players to choose from, clearly has his team sorted into youth and first team, but no doubts that he'll dip into his youth team to bolster ranks.

First XI - (Avg 92) 8/10
A versatile 11, and since he favours a 3-5-2 the first XI suits this with want of a 4th quality defender, plenty in the youth to use though so no worries for injuries. An attacking partnership of Fabregas and Ibrahimovic could be utilised in the middle of the park or up top, so mixing positions to change emphasis might be a useful trait this team possesses.

Star Player - Zlatan Ibrahimovic (96) 10/10
Best proper striker (Messi and Ronaldo are forwards but not in the same way as Zlatan) in the game and can be deployed in midfield too. With the backing of Cesc, he could be going for the golden boot too.

Manager Rating - (1st) 10/10
2nd, 1st and currently 1st with Barcelona shows that he is the manager to beat. To win this league, this is the guy you need to knock off his perch and though there's plenty willing to do it, you still have to go and prove it and this guy has proven it in most if not all his leagues.

Overall 35/40
Title favourites certainly, there is balance in every area and I don't think anyone is brave enough to say this won't be one of the teams challenging for the title.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:07 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
LOL - I completely disagree with the Manager Ratings

Based on Squad at their disposal

1st - Kaiserslautern (Dex)
2nd - Shakhtar Donetsk (Stu)
3rd - Lille (Mikey)
4th - Liverpool (erigert)
5th - Ajax (Zak)
6th - Queen's Park (sniper)
7th - Athletic Club (Fran)
8th - Fenerbache (Ash)

I don't mind being the bottom as then I can surprise, Dex has by far the strongest team, Stu has a brilliant tram too at his disposal, maybe a little lack of defence but the goals scored will cover that. Mikey has assembled an awesome side so to write him off at your peril is foolish.

I don't personally think Ajax are that uber strong, some very good players but some I wouldn't purchase with a barge pole. My dark horses of the season is Fran, I've put his 7th and like me we will thrive on being underestimated. Other dark horse is Eri - He has been playing this for a fair while so now has a great team at his disposal, could be Eri's turn for a title.

Put it this way if I had a choice to manage anyone else's side it would be 'Shakhtar 100%'

Edited at 18:21 Mon 10/03/14 (GMT)
erigert
erigert
20:35 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
lmao im in love with the name of one of Shakhtar Donetsk players.

KASTRAVEC-which means "cucumber" in Albanian
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:37 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
You can disagree with them all you want, those are the ratings given from The Funky League based on those 8 players, which is the league that has been running longest will all those players.

I am curious as to who you wouldn't purchase with a barge pole though . Name some of them and i'll tell you why I bought them

Edited at 18:42 Mon 10/03/14 (GMT)
franer_
franer_
20:43 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
love the right up zante..great analysis.

May i just say my Chelsea team i was in charge when Funky started but i was going away to a cell block H lol so i gave it up..when i come back it was free and basically destroyed bu the last manager, iv brought them back to where i can get them with the limited funds available. 7points off top spot is not bad going for a small squad.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:47 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I felt I was going in circles in some parts with squad depth of people. You've done very well with what you had there, knocked me out of the top 3 too
fry06
fry06
20:57 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Id join but im struggling with Spurs as it is
franer_
franer_
20:59 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah so i wouldn't mind my form staying another 7 games and seen as dex just lost a game maybe just maybe i can catch him and earn a few £ to invest some more.
erigert
erigert
21:03 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
ill make my analysis too, but ill go short

Athletic Bilbao - Good team in attack and defense but not many Defensive midfielders, i can see it taking a lot of goals.

Ajax - One of the teams i like the most, covered in each position and with some quality players.

Fenerbahce - I like their midfield especially with players like Kovacic Thiago and Gundogan. Still think they dont have many good strikers who can bring the goals.

Lille - Very strong players in attack but they dont have any quality Centerbacks lol. I wonder how tinie can play without them.

Queens Park - Not a bad squad, considering how much sniper spent for some players. A team which can fight for the top if sniper uses the right tactics.

Shaktar Donetsk - Very good attacking players, but also very weak in defense in my opinion. I rate them same as Athletic Bilbao.

Kaiserslautern - Just the type of team which wins u the league. Along with Ajax two of my prefered teams.

and finally..............

Liverpool - I will try to use different tactics this time. Thats why i have gone for the players i bought. if i had more budget i would have bought another DM, but still think i can have my say
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:04 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I got robbed of 3 points against sniper! 3-1 in the 87th minute, 2-2 in the 88th minute (my goal ruled out as offside). Had been comfortable til an 84th minute sending off for Bonucci.

47% - 53% possession
28 - 9 shots
18 - 6 shots on target

2-2 damn you sniper!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:04 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
love the right up zante..great analysis.

May i just say my Chelsea team i was in charge when Funky started but i was going away to a cell block H lol so i gave it up..when i come back it was free and basically destroyed bu the last manager, iv brought them back to where i can get them with the limited funds available. 7points off top spot is not bad going for a small squad.
deffo agree, this is my first time building a team from scratch with limited money on any game lol, used to try with Madden, but always gave up lol, i can assure 150% i wont be giving up here
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:06 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I got robbed of 3 points against sniper! 3-1 in the 87th minute, 2-2 in the 88th minute (my goal ruled out as offside). Had been comfortable til an 84th minute sending off for Bonucci.

47% - 53% possession
28 - 9 shots
18 - 6 shots on target

2-2 damn you sniper!
ill admit, i was worried, im happy with a tie! I was 3rd, then back to 2nd, so i am trying to stay here, or take 1st!

So the last 6 games, 2 losses 2 draws and 2 wins lol..no the best form

was in Funky Extreme II, that i had 4 wins in a row with my bayern team, then got burned 2-0 for a loss vs Malaga CF

Edited at 19:11 Mon 10/03/14 (GMT)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:06 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
great to hear! we'll be holding you to your word too

I think every team has the building blocks for success, just now need to go and earn the money to complete the squads
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:12 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
great to hear! we'll be holding you to your word too

I think every team has the building blocks for success, just now need to go and earn the money to complete the squads
How do u earn money? I been wondering

Oh and i edited the above post.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:14 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
You can disagree with them all you want, those are the ratings given from The Funky League based on those 8 players, which is the league that has been running longest will all those players.

I am curious as to who you wouldn't purchase with a barge pole though . Name some of them and i'll tell you why I bought them

Edited at 18:42 Mon 10/03/14 (GMT)

Of course by all means: Just my opinion

Sterling - over rated
Henderson - over rated
Florenzi - had him when at Roma, inconsistent
Matic - good player, booked too frequently
Sturridge - dont rate him at all
T.Hazard - Will never live up to be as good as his bro. (Kylians better lol)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:17 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
that last bit LOL
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:18 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
There are a few ways to earn money:

Sell players (if you buy risers you can buy someone cheap, let them rise and either sell or wait for them to rise again)

Win competitions - prize money from cups and what have you

Do well in the league - the higher you finish a season, the more money you get

Perform well - More people will watch your home games if you are playing well, which means you'll have more money coming in.

Getting a cup run going can be also give you a little bit extra if you get home games, but usually you don't get a great amount each match. It just adds up over the length of a season depending on how high your wage budget is
Pages: 18889
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Soccer Manager II - The Funky League

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Fun Links.
Back to Forum List.