Soccer Manager II - The Funky League

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Fun Links.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18990
raptorman
raptorman
21:22 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Rangers have Messi I see, 21 players £263m spent.

Someone phone Duff and Phelps haha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:40 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
There are a few ways to earn money:

Sell players (if you buy risers you can buy someone cheap, let them rise and either sell or wait for them to rise again)

Win competitions - prize money from cups and what have you

Do well in the league - the higher you finish a season, the more money you get

Perform well - More people will watch your home games if you are playing well, which means you'll have more money coming in.

Getting a cup run going can be also give you a little bit extra if you get home games, but usually you don't get a great amount each match. It just adds up over the length of a season depending on how high your wage budget is
ah yes i should have figured that, as its same for most sports games, u do a season, make money with fan attendance n such
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:43 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Rangers have Messi I see, 21 players £263m spent.

Someone phone Duff and Phelps haha
Rangers - 46.0M - Accepted. :O
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:19 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
wow, I had some players in mind that you'd say but I didn't think some of those.

Sterling, rated 87. First team player for 2nd in the league, holding his own amongst some great players and has really developed in the current squad much more so than last season. 23 apps, 6 goals and 5 assists is good going for a 19 year old. Plus he is on the way to Brazil, and internationally he is proving himself. The only way is up for Raheem. Recently rose and will rise again in the summer.

Sturridge, rated 91. Another first team player and he is the only person in the league who could beat Suarez to the golden boot. 18 goals, 7 assists in 20 matches is phenomenal and all you could for from a striker (and better than a lot of strikers who are higher rated) . Most certain to go to the world cup and probably will start most if not all games and will be lighting up the CL next season. (Also only just rose). Likely to rise to 92 in the summer.

Henderson, rated 89. He's come on leaps and bounds this season and his work rate matches Suarez. Finally shown why he'll be the replacement for Gerrard (well the attacking Gerrard type midfielder, with Gerrard likely to stay in the team in a more defensive role now). Has been a game winner in a few matches for Liverpool and fully deserves a rise. Was a brilliant captain for England u21's and will prove himself internationally. Hasn't rose since the start of the season, but he'll get his 90 in the summer since he is a first team player
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:22 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Who did you have in mind?
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:36 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Florenzi - one of the ones I thought you'd say, but he's 22 in an aged Italian league, with 26 games (5 goals, 4 assists) for 2nd place in the Italian league which means he has played in every single game for Roma. At the moment I don't expect him to be certain of a rise, but he rose in December to 89 and I think he has a good chance of another if Roma finish second and he carries being a first team player. In no way will drop, so he's a good boost for my team

Matic - Could be an important player for Chelsea if they win the league and as he's only 90 that means there is plenty of room to grow. He's been involved in every game Chelsea have had since he joined and is valued at £22 million in real life. I bought him for 8.7 million, he is valued now at 11.3 million without even rising and he's a good squad member for my team and a cheap one for such a rating and talent.

T.Hazard - I think you are getting Thorgan and Kylian confused. Thorgan is the one that will surpass Eden (which Eden has admitted), Kylian is too early to say where he fits in. Thorgan will be a big big star. His loan club are over performing basically because he is there and bigger clubs wanted to take him on loan for the rest of this season because he is doing so well. 2 goals, 3 assists in 8 Europa League games and he already has a full international cap for Belgium (though he is still in the U21 squad). He'll rise in the future to 90+ and well worth a buy for 5 million
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:39 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I wasn't too sure since i'm confident in all the players but i would've said:

Mignolet (maybe Ter Stegen), Matic, Can, Rafinha, Batshuayi, Son.

But I would've thought you wouldn't know the full story on the players (and got Rafinha confused with the Munich full back)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:58 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I wasn't too sure since i'm confident in all the players but i would've said:

Mignolet (maybe Ter Stegen), Matic, Can, Rafinha, Batshuayi, Son.

But I would've thought you wouldn't know the full story on the players (and got Rafinha confused with the Munich full back)
ter stegen is a great pick, i wish i would have grabbed the HAZARD brother (all 3) LOL
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:05 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Who are all these other players? Ruined it now, should have been just between us.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:21 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ter Stegen is the replacement for Valdes, so he's going up in ratings too

I suppose it's better than just having unmanaged sides who won't amount to anything
raptorman
raptorman
23:32 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Who are all these other players? Ruined it now, should have been just between us.

Fran opened the league to public which is a good idea as if the SMFA feel that a league has too low a % of human players they will close down the game world. Then Fran would be smashing things up and we don't want that do we.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:34 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Fran opened the league to public which is a good idea as if the SMFA feel that a league has too low a % of human players they will close down the game world. Then Fran would be smashing things up and we don't want that do we.

No of course not, I brought young players as thought we were keeping it private, damn it. Never mind I'll have to build up and sell them on lol. My youth team will look like a creche.
raptorman
raptorman
23:38 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I lose my connect Dortmund league (cold war) at the end of the season which is a bummer after building them up due to the above
franer_
franer_
23:52 Mon 10 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
No excuses Ash.....

It was private so all of the invites i sent out (those players could build a team...now that has happened i opened it up to have real managers to play versus..not an always 4-4-2 normal normal normal normal etc etc etc.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:12 Tue 11 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Woo, Man City win again in connect league. 2 in a row, unstoppable now

3 games in a row won, followed by 1 point in seven games and now 2 wins in a row. Last 5 games, 4 of them were teams that beat me in that 7 game spell, the 5th is the one that drew with me during that spell. Gotta right some wrongs
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:49 Tue 11 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I lose my connect Dortmund league (cold war) at the end of the season which is a bummer after building them up due to the above
yeah, idk if i can, but would LOVE to keep this Bayern team...its grand, and i am still building!

Same with my chelsea team
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
01:41 Tue 11 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yesterday I rejected a 20 million bid from Spurs for Sturridge, today sniper came in the hunt with a 19.5 million bid... You're going the wrong way mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:42 Tue 11 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yesterday I rejected a 20 million bid from Spurs for Sturridge, today sniper came in the hunt with a 19.5 million bid... You're going the wrong way mate
i didn't know that, so i will raise that bid perhaps ;)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:54 Tue 11 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Is that the same team bidding for Neymar? (Bayern)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:27 Tue 11 Mar 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Is that the same team bidding for Neymar? (Bayern)
yes
Pages: 18990
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Soccer Manager II - The Funky League

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Fun Links.
Back to Forum List.