FBL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15354
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:56 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
No rules get put in place unless Chris says otherwise, how stupid are you?

The fairest way is to have a vote imo
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:57 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
getting a golden break is easy
for lesser players ?

golden breaks aren't ever easy, it takes a lot of practice
you may fluke some, but people who get them regularly practice them and should be rewarded

if you want points for golden brakes practice them too

look at my golden break against onevisit
it was a perfect GB and at the perfect time

salvaged me a point in a close game

Let's take your own stats for 1 second, barring 9us, in the 8uk and 8us;

8us, 23 GB's, but only 17 runouts
8uk, 79 GB's but only 21 runouts.

your point is
I don't go for run outs I play a safety game, even you would know that

and funk lets look at yours and chapsters stats

leave it there I think

I know your game quite well, because unfortunately I end up playing you lots, (won't happen this season though, asked not to play you)

Look at my stats all you want, everyone who plays me, knows that I don't go for the crazy break you do, usually either a soft 'safe' break, or or smash into the side of the pack that means the black rarely moves.

But let's get back to the topic, instead of wasting breath over who pots what.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:39 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

As stupid as the person who asked me!
Yeah a votes a good idea, what are you still at school?

More intelligence in a schizophrenic amoeba!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:50 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's your posts that make you as stupid as you are, uprising and pros post there opinions then you post as If it's not acceptable, no one said It was about pros or uprising, and whenever someone posts an idea from pros or uprising it doesn't mean It's going to be put in place...

Nah I'm at work, and If your not sure what that means try googling it
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
15:53 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
3 consecutive foul bonus ?, Ok it can take skill to snooker someone but they can also be fluked, why should someone get bonus points because their opponent can't get out of snookers or they pot the cue ball etc, surely bonus points should be earned by your own skill or luck and not what your opponent does.

7 balling bonus ?, the problem with this is 7 ballings can be given and not always earned.

Just my thoughts
faust
faust
15:56 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Scrap all bonuses apart from:

Runouts
7 Ballings

Maybe introduce consecutive win bonuses. (idea)

Gbs - a lot are done through more luck than judgement
3 consecutive fouls, I've seen players and reports from matches clearly state 'they fluked a snooker', this can be done by very good players but why single them out and punish the not so good (the majority)

Once again there are OTHER teams in the leagues than just bloody Pros and Uprising!!!

Not EVERY rule needs to be okayed by them, nor need to accommodate them.

How moronic is this post? lol I suggested a 3 foul bonus, and chapster and punkpoet agreed, and plankboy goes off ranting about Pro's and Uprising! Have we recruited chapster and punkpoet now? lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:59 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
3 consecutive foul bonus ?, Ok it can take skill to snooker someone but they can also be fluked, why should someone get bonus points because their opponent can't get out of snookers or they pot the cue ball etc, surely bonus points should be earned by your own skill or luck and not what your opponent does.

7 balling bonus ?, the problem with this is 7 ballings can be given and not always earned.

Just my thoughts

With that thought then, GB should not have a bonus award attached, as most of the time they are not played for, but fluked.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
15:59 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Let's avoid arguing and insults guys
faust
faust
16:01 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Schizophrenia is not in any way linked to intellect. In fact, most well documented cases involve people with an above average IQ.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
16:02 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Just my thoughts

With that thought then, GB should not have a bonus award attached, as most of the time they are not played for, but fluked.

Possibly but GB's are achieved by your own skill or luck and not something your opponent has done.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:04 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Schizophrenia is not in any way linked to intellect. In fact, most well documented cases involve people with an above average IQ.

Did I say it was?? Jeez you aren't the brightest tool in the box are you? You aint worth me typing.
faust
faust
16:06 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Just my thoughts

Possibly but GB's are achieved by your own skill or luck and not something your opponent has done.

You could also argue it's harsh to lose a frame and a bonus point through no fault of your own. At least with 3 fouls you get on the table at least 3 times!

GB's are just a percentage game. Hitting the pack in the exact same place everytime, and about 4 - 5% of the time the black goes in. There is no skill involved whatsoever, other than initially watching a youtube video to see where to hit the pack!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:06 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Just my thoughts

I think if someone 'accidentally' fouls 3 times in a row, then their opponent was probably trying to purposely trying to make them foul.

I have never been involved in a game where my opponent has 3 fouled me and not meant it..

But thats my opinion.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
16:26 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you 3 fouled by potting the cue ball or not getting out of easy snookers would you be happy for your opponent to get a bonus point ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:29 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you 3 fouled by potting the cue ball or not getting out of easy snookers would you be happy for your opponent to get a bonus point ?

At least I would have a chance to get out of it, unlike with a GB..
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
16:33 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm not debating GB's, your probably right about binning them, my original post just mentions 3 fouls and 7 ballings which is what's been suggested.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:38 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm not debating GB's, your probably right about binning them, my original post just mentions 3 fouls and 7 ballings which is what's been suggested.

My point is is that at least you get a chance in the 3 fouls rule, so you won't feel as hard done by. Plus I feel it can take a great skill to get the 3 fouls. But that is my thought
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:42 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
A 7 balling is more deserved than a 3 consecutive foul surely. More and more players are recording them so that balances and levels the playing field for all. 3 consecutive fouls, a minority of players are skillful enough to carry this out, most are achieved though luck, especially when 3rd attempt is usually a hit n hope.

This will mainly only cater for the top players which is why I believe the 7 balling bonuses will cater for the majority and not the minority as every other rule appears too.
erigert
erigert
16:46 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
A 7 balling is easier than a 3 foul, but certainly if 7 balling is to be considered a bonus point same should happen with a 3 foul. But im of the idea to not have them both as bonus points.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:51 Mon 17 Nov 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
A 7 balling is easier than a 3 foul, but certainly if 7 balling is to be considered a bonus point same should happen with a 3 foul. But im of the idea to not have them both as bonus points.

Eri for president?
Pages: 15354
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.