FBL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 178
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:00 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
You could do that sub if you wanted an 8-0 default loss, nobody would complain.
Said 'as long as there is plenty of time for the players to arrange the game' twice in that post you quoted and once before you joined the discussion.
I also said that I preferred the old rules of 1 swap per team and people only being allowed to sub into the game they were subbed out of but obviously you aren't actually replying to what you are reading just making up something to reply to.
You said yourself there is no need to justify a sub as long as it's in the rules and with plenty of time to play(4th time) so your final paragraph with your philosophies on the game are insignificant
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:00 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Regarding this sub/swap discussion...........has this ever been tried ?
Don't allow subs at all.
If the deadline comes and matches are left unplayed - just drop them for both teams 0 - 0 scores.
There would be no incentive for captains to offer up uncommitted players who would be likely no-shows and encourage teams to only - or primarily, keep reliable players on their rosters.
Just a thought......
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
22:03 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
^One team has active players, the other team doesn't. Both teams get punished.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:04 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
People go offline for genuine reasons too though or you can draw someone in a different time zone etc etc
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:11 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
This is the thing, any 'problem' players or problem subs are dealt with when it comes to default info. As long as your guy is making an effort to play the fixture and the other team are messing about, record the info if it goes to default and it will be taken into consideration. The reason most don't think along those lines is the default info normally sent in is crap.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:29 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
This is the thing, any 'problem' players or problem subs are dealt with when it comes to default info. As long as your guy is making an effort to play the fixture and the other team are messing about, record the info if it goes to default and it will be taken into consideration. The reason most don't think along those lines is the default info normally sent in is crap.

Very true we haven't and hopefully continue not to have any games go to a default. I think the perception of the actual 'default' is negative when as me and a few others on here actually see it 'as a way to assist'.

The whole point of having a Captain or Vices is to primarily ensure ALL matches are played and bought to their conclusions by deadline day. IF this means making a substitute or a player swap and don't go 'over-board' with them then really their is no issue. Swapping a player from 1 game type to another to 'hopefully' achieve a better scoreline is not cheating, it's tactical yes but also strategical.

Giving players ample amount of time should be considered but not absolutely necessary as it's the TEAM who the Captain steers to win, not just any individual.

I know the posts aren't personal but I feel best to justify with a personal incident. I've made a swap and 1 sub, so what. My players I felt would benefit more from their preferred game types, the sub has been made due to wanting to bring some fixtures to their completion sooner than later.
punkpoet
punkpoet
23:08 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes I do think some swaps are made and maybe the clan doing it has a fair reason but possibly (yes like the swap your clan did ash, just an example sorry) the swap could put 2 players together who arnt online at the same time. Where as if it was kept the same way the players are online around the same time.
So maybe before a swap the other team could consult the opposing captain. As in the game I knew the 2 players in question wouldnt be able to play.
Again just a good example how swaps can make it harder sorry if the example annoyed phoenix folk.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:24 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
So maybe before a swap the other team could consult the opposing captain

No that's like 'asking their permission', a Captain will do what they feel necessary and appropriate at all times. IF the swap or sub backfires then they will have to either rectify it or face the consequences.
punkpoet
punkpoet
23:33 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Not asking there permission, its called communication.
Not going to argue, just saying in our situation if it was mentioned to me id of explained it wouldn't work as I know when my players and sachibub come online.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:03 Tue 22 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't think anyone should complain about subs but I think swaps should require permission from opposing captain.

On an unrelated note
8US
- erigert
- fuunky
- beenjammin
- ooo_u_tap_2
- horse10000
- angry_bacon
- zantetsukenz
- northman
- jose_enrique
- davey_1985
- hardy202
- __sniper__
- irish_ninja
- serious_game
-
-

9US
- the_viking
- mooksterman
- _jesus_
- hippesville
- mad_matt
- franer_
- i_am_cursed
- _pro__frog_
- jack_86
- bluenose1872
- dgeneratio
- brooksy1986
- krazyash_07
- thegame26
-
-

8UK
- scott7a
- chezz0021
- faust
- _maverick_
- rocketweaz8
- ub3rnator
- doverlad32
- no1hustl3r
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Straight
- punkpoet
- mattywellie
- cke1982
- turtle1560
- dvz
- hi_im_gary
- tinie
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Killer Doubles
- mattywellie & dvz
- erigert & faust
- beenjammin & scott7a
- __sniper__ & lethal_lures
- poolbiird & mooksterman
- horse10000 & ab_rfc
- turtle1560 & mad_matt
- northman & the_viking
- w_hoolahan & shadwell17
- _redherring_ & onevisit
- cke1982 & chezz0021
- jose_enrique & hi_im_gary
- thegame26 & davey_1985
- cgibson92 & angry_bacon
- franer_ & irish_ninja
- bluenose1872 & chisisidovev
- blueberry & the__priest
- i_am_cursed & mrmagic

Is this being run???
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:17 Tue 22 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
A little annoyed about killer being dropped from FBL...because we'd played quite a few of ours and against some teams it'd made us alot closer than we are now....seems a bit unfair the teams who've took the time to play them have now lost points because of it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:57 Tue 22 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I understand you are upset but again its better than dropping the fbl altogether.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:32 Tue 22 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm not upset...it's only a pool game lol. Just saying I enjoyed the killer games (even the 2v2's) and why should teams who've made the effort to play them get penalised because the teams who haven't are moaning? I think maybe you should have kept them going for this fixture set and then possibly scrapped them from the next onwards.

I still don't understand how you are able to keep saying, 'Killer goes or the FBL does.' I'm with Tappy....your way or the highway.....the leagues shouldn't be a dictatorship. I understand you're using your time to take over the league to keep it running, thank you, but you can't come in with an iron fist and expect everyone to follow.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:48 Tue 22 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Would you even care if it were in or out had you had lost them all? No I don't think so. Onevisit has come in to continue the League at a very unpredictable time, giving up his time voluntarily, if its easier and less hassle to carry on without the straits of killer then so be it. I didn't see you requesting to take it on, so its not his way or the highway, its just the way he wants to carry it on. Also not been completely abolished as can be recalled next Season, not the end of the world.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:54 Tue 22 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Ash, think you'll find the majority of our FBL matches are against some of the top teams in the league where we got a hammering in killer. Funny how you're all for killer being dropped.

I would take it on, but some of us have work.....
I'm doing 10-12 hours at work a day, have a puppy to contend with, a missus and a social life....

"It's just the way he wants to carry it on." That is most certainly his way or the highway....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:16 Tue 22 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
how about a seprate killer league run along side fbl or fcl

killer league idea is a 3v3 u play 2 games per fixture 2 fixtures every 2 weeks games either same time or spread it out scoring would be :

1) 6pt
2) 5pt
3) 4pt
4) 3pt
5) 2pt
6) 1pt

added up over both games for team score and individual points score for players so end of season there a clan winner and individual winner there's lot more details but that's rough brief details
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:28 Tue 22 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
No its not way or the highway. Its my way or there are no alternatives. I want to unclog the schedule. You have super league killer so try concentrate on them and worry about killer NEXT SEASON. Its not that hard to understand.

I shall make this clear for the final time then not respond to any future posts on the subject.

In my version of the league I have opted not to do killer. Killer shall not be in this season in any form. Games played are scrapped, any alternative idea put forward is wasted as killer WILL NOT be included this season.

You can sit and say my way or the highway, this is not the case. Again take over the running and include it, fine with me. If not then yes you will have to follow the set up been offered.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:31 Tue 22 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
As for your post about having a life... I work 40+ hours a week, have two kids with all their social lives and a life of my own to lead. You can ram your excuse about no time. I have none either and am doing this to help.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:33 Tue 22 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
what about a separate killer league so fbl can go back to basics and it would just mean the killer league would require players be registered for the fbl clan.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:37 Tue 22 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Let me make this final point clear....

if someone wants to take over the league, bash on.

If you don't want to be in the league with no killer, bash on.

If you want to continue in the league under the only proposed offer that was there, bash on.

if you consider this my way or the highway, thats your view. When I say the alternative being no FBL, that means you are making your own choices to not play. I have not forced any clan or clan member into any corner and all have the choice to play or withdraw.
Pages: 178
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.