FBL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
22:53 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i actually agree with seb we can live with out fbl killer.
damn. *must change opinion*
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:15 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What has been said about me is not true and I do t know why ppl would bring me into this when I've been away if in future u wanna say stuff like this about me at least have the decency to say it when I'm around and not gotta find out off someone o facebook
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
23:18 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
On the bright side, your team doesn't have to sub you out of your games for inactivity now!
beenjammin
beenjammin
23:22 Sun 20 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
lol ^top of page
Noone will die if killer is dropped, I give you that,
but you can't say it won't lead to a dispute, it might.
Besides, what reason is there in favor of dropping it?
Don't say too many games, we just got a week extension, problem solved.
Everyone knew the format when they signed up, and that format had killer.

Edited at 20:27 Sun 20/10/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:46 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Lmao seb
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:17 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I have a lot of catching up to do....

Edited at 07:21 Mon 21/10/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:54 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I have a lot of catching up to do....

Edited at 07:21 Mon 21/10/13 (BST)

Ditto
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:37 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Apologies for the ranting about killer the other day onevisit, sure you will do a great job.
Good luck with it all

Edited at 14:55 Mon 21/10/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:00 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I have managed to secure some much appreciated help in running the league. As I say I am not against the idea of killer, again I suggest with the amount of fixtures currently on the go we remove it for this season and look at it from an overall view, ie all leagues discussing best options when we are done.

I appreciate everyones good wishes and I hope I can fuddle through enough to get it going. I am off work this week so with a bit more patience an updated site will be available soon.

Thank you again.
ang3l
ang3l
18:48 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What about clans making swaps just for the sake of it with no reasons too, can that be looked into aswell ?..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:31 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What about clans making swaps just for the sake of it with no reasons too, can that be looked into aswell ?..

Lol, im sure all swaps are made with reason and purpose, may not be obvious to both sides but as long as the team making the swap knows then can't really call it 'for the sake of it.'.
ang3l
ang3l
20:46 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Lol, im sure all swaps are made with reason and purpose, may not be obvious to both sides but as long as the team making the swap knows then can't really call it 'for the sake of it.'.

Some are yes also some not .. What i mean is if players are active and know of their opponents will play then suddenly a swap is made .. But thank you for correcting me on saying for the sake of it ,..which am sorry should have said for no reasons..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:56 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

Some are yes also some not .. What i mean is if players are active and know of their opponents will play then suddenly a swap is made .. But thank you for correcting me on saying for the sake of it ,..which am sorry should have said for no reasons..

People can make subs or swaps to try and win games, nothing against that in the rules and as long as it's done with plenty of time for people to arrange you have nothing to moan about.
This shouldn't be on league discussion thread you're just moaning with no reasons for the sake of it.(both phrases used in the right context )
ang3l
ang3l
21:12 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

People can make subs or swaps to try and win games, nothing against that in the rules and as long as it's done with plenty of time for people to arrange you have nothing to moan about.
This shouldn't be on league discussion thread you're just moaning with no reasons for the sake of it.(both phrases used in the right context )

If you notice i said swaps ..The fixtures comes out with your opponents already in place yes? If for some good reason a problem appears then i see the point in making swap , but in some case there was no reason for this swap to be made .. Am not moaning for nothing !...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:17 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I said subs and swaps, if you notice.
Nobody needs your permission to make swaps and they can do them for whatever reason they like without having to justify themselves.
Doesn't matter if you see the point in a swap or not, they aren't players from your team being swapped.
ang3l
ang3l
21:20 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Nobody needs your permission to make swaps and they can do them for whatever reason they like without having to justify themselves.
Doesn't matter if you see the point in a swap or not, they aren't players from your team being swapped.

Oh right so if a captain decides lets swap everyone about , dont matter as long as games get played , whats the point in the runners giving you fixtures with set opponents to play ?..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:33 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I actually agree with you on that ang3l I used to like it when you had 1 swap and players could only be subbed back into the game they were subbed out of but teams convinced the runners that with 16 players to get an 8 man game done this was too restrictive.
The reason for the convincing and the changes were so that they could keep great players who are hardly ever on in their teams.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:34 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

I agree with you for the most point, but tactical swaps can be harmful to arranging a fixture. If there are two active opponents then I would want to leave it and let them play. If a swap or sub is required, I would then be inclined to give my team the best chance of winning whilst allowing a fair amount of games for every player in my clan.

I think there is an air of unsporting play with early tactical subs/swaps because you aren't being fair to the opponent. That's messing them about by changing from an opponent they could perfectly arrange a game with for the sake of seeing them score less points. Not against the rules but I think it should be discouraged unless the sub/swap is needed otherwise the amount of subs/swap made would be a lot higher with teams responding to each others subs and there would be less time to actually get a game played.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:38 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I did say earlier as long as it's done with plenty of time to spare for players to arrange there is nothing to complain about.
Either something is allowed or it isn't and whilst swaps are allowed then a captain shouldn't have to justify themselves to their opponents (again as long as plenty of time is left for the games)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:52 Mon 21 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I did say earlier as long as it's done with plenty of time to spare for players to arrange there is nothing to complain about.
Either something is allowed or it isn't and whilst swaps are allowed then a captain shouldn't have to justify themselves to their opponents (again as long as plenty of time is left for the games)

So you're saying I could sub out an active player for one offline 3 months within the first few days and the opponents have no justification for complaints?

Of course there is a need for things to be justified, if it's not going to help the game get played or at least not be a hindrance it shouldn't be done. We want as low a defaults number as we can get rather than allowing a player to be put deliberately in a fixture to gauge an oppositions team list and make subs accordingly.

If you don't want a player to play a game they shouldn't be put in your team sheet or shouldn't be in your clan. You should have faith in your players if you put them in, though in FBL you can play them to their strengths by putting them in their favoured game type.
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.