The Premier League

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 13637
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:18 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Tbh I prefer the idea of feeder clubs instead of a B team league, and I would be against the B team league if it meant teams currently in the pyramid would lose their place.

B teams are good when they're already established, or work their way up from the very bottom. But it would be unfair to give a team which isn't really going to get supporters a place over a proper team with fans who currently owns that place.

The worry for me with a cap is if the talent drops to an extent that the top English players leave the country to play elsewhere, that would defy the whole point of the cap.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:22 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Right, i've told you several times (with evidence) that everyone who got in plays regularly for their club.

Tell me who exactly hasn't played for there team because they aren't good enough? I am baffled at who you think couldn't get a game this season.

oxlade chamberlain welbeck lampard jermain defoe

Defoe isn't in the squad.
Oxlade-Chamberlain played when fit.
Welbeck made about 20-25 prem appearances this season 41 in total.
Lampard made 26 prem appearances this seas and 46 in total.

Think the Lampard and Welbeck appearances are right both around 25/26
theshield
theshield
23:33 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Never mind Shaw taking Cole's place in the world cup.

Or the fact Stones didn't even play in half of Barnsley's games last season but has broke through to the Everton first team.

Or Wickham going on loan to Sheffield Wednesday because he wasn't getting game time, then being recalled to give him a chance in the Sunderland first team.

I bet he did play more than half of the games for Barnsley(while he was their) as he got sold in January and was their first choice RB till he got sold for 3million to everton
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:38 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Right, i've told you several times (with evidence) that everyone who got in plays regularly for their club.

Tell me who exactly hasn't played for there team because they aren't good enough? I am baffled at who you think couldn't get a game this season.

oxlade chamberlain welbeck lampard jermain defoe

Oxlade Chamberlain - was injured for 5 months, that's why he didn't play (because physically he couldn't, not because he wasn't good enough). To demonstrate this i'll breakdown the games he was fit for: 16 Premier League matches (played in 14), 2 Champions League matches (played in 2), 4 FA Cup matches (played in 4). When he has been fit, he's missed only 2 games all season so he's clearly good enough to get in the Arsenal team.

Welbeck - 25/38 Prem games played in (well over half), 5/10 Champions league games, 1/1 community shield, 1/1 FA Cup, 4/5 League cup. 36 total appearances this season, that's plenty for a player who'll be on England's bench. Well over half.

Lampard - 26/37 prem games, 1/1 UEFA Super Cup, 11/11 Champions league games, 1/2 FA Cup games, 1/3 League Cup games.

With squad rotation, these sorts of numbers are to be expected of a first team player.

The only one you mentioned who did struggle to get in his team (Spurs, not Toronto) was Defoe. Though I would like to point out he is on the Standby list not the actual squad.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
23:41 Fri 16 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Or the fact Stones didn't even play in half of Barnsley's games last season but has broke through to the Everton first team.

Or Wickham going on loan to Sheffield Wednesday because he wasn't getting game time, then being recalled to give him a chance in the Sunderland first team.

I bet he did play more than half of the games for Barnsley(while he was their) as he got sold in January and was their first choice RB till he got sold for 3million to everton

That does make sense now , though technically I'm still right haha. For some reason I thought it was this january window, so presumed it was last summer when I saw he hadn't played for Barnsley this season. Makes a lot more sense now
theshield
theshield
00:02 Sat 17 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

That does make sense now , though technically I'm still right haha. For some reason I thought it was this january window, so presumed it was last summer when I saw he hadn't played for Barnsley this season. Makes a lot more sense now

Nar, Moyes bought him when he was at Everton and should have loaned him back so he went to Everton with a full years experience in the Championship. If im not wrong i think he played 20-26 games for Barnsley from August till he was sold in January.
fry06
fry06
05:28 Sat 17 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
And Wickham was on loan at Leeds before he got called back to help Sunderland.
the__priest
the__priest
15:04 Sat 17 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
And Wickham was on loan at Leeds before he got called back to help Sunderland.

was never called back to help Sunderland
he was a Sunderland player

we had a lack of striking options
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:06 Sat 17 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Come on Hull
the__priest
the__priest
22:55 Sat 17 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

oh well, shame for David Myler, Elmo and McShane
3 x Sunderland players

good for Arsenal playing football the right way
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:08 Sun 18 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Was a great game for the neutral. Hull just ran out of steam in the end!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:05 Mon 19 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Van Gaal, new United manager #Shock! lol

Only a 3 year contract though, maybe learning from their mistakes??
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:13 Mon 19 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Will be brilliant appointment, guarantee RVP next seasons Captain too.

Will be interesting see which players he brings in, Kevin Strootman will definitely be there now.

He's responsible for all these players:

Edwin van der Sar, Frank Rijkaard, Clarence Seedorf, the De Boer brothers, Edgar Davids, Marc Overmars and Patrick Kluivert.

Carles Puyol and Xavi , Andres Iniesta, then 18, to the first-team in his second stint.

Thomas Muller, Holger Badstuber and David Alaba.

Edited at 14:19 Mon 19/05/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:24 Mon 19 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
So: Here's what i think will happen...manager merry-go-round part 99 is it this season yet?

Pochetino to Tottenham
Malky to Norwich
Sherwood to Southampton

Brighton leave Micky Adams alone lol - He's Vales manager!!!
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
15:34 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Still don't see United coming back, probably 5th if they buy well next season. Van Gaal is a step back towards Ferguson (going for an older manager), instead of establishing a new young manager who can create an new era for themselves like Rodgers, Martinez, etc.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:37 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Still don't see United coming back, probably 5th if they buy well next season. Van Gaal is a step back towards Ferguson (going for an older manager), instead of establishing a new young manager who can create an new era for themselves like Rodgers, Martinez, etc.

We don't want Rodgers to leave!!
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
01:04 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I know we don't, I meant both Liverpool and Everton have but in place a young manager who could be there 20-30 years. Van Gaal is 62, so he's got less than 10 years at the most i'd say.

He want's to win the prem next season, almost as wishful thinking as Moyes!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:56 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I know we don't, I meant both Liverpool and Everton have but in place a young manager who could be there 20-30 years. Van Gaal is 62, so he's got less than 10 years at the most i'd say.

He want's to win the prem next season, almost as wishful thinking as Moyes!

Remember Ryan Giggs is assistant and will most likely take the reigns once his finished so can't see it as a step back IMO
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:19 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
So: Here's what i think will happen...manager merry-go-round part 99 is it this season yet?

Pochetino to Tottenham
Malky to Norwich
Sherwood to Southampton

Brighton leave Micky Adams alone lol - He's Vales manager!!!

I like the idea of Sherwood to Southampton, i think Pochettino to Spurs is a dead set certain, same with Mackay to Norwich.

I think David Moyes would actually be ideal for Southampton.

As for Van Gaal, it's hard to say whether he'll be a success or not. The Premier League is different to all other leagues, and it's easy for a manager with bags of success in other leagues to come into the PL and just flop! Be interesting to see who he brings in also, i think as someone mentioned, he's responsible for the success of Badstuber and Alaba so maybe those two from Bayern to sure up United's defence?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:20 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Van Gaal, new United manager #Shock! lol

Only a 3 year contract though, maybe learning from their mistakes??

3 year contract due to his age, he's 62, i think the idea is for a 3 year contract, returning Utd to former glory and then giving the job full time to Giggs, hence Giggs being his understudy.
Pages: 13637
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Premier League

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.