Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 13435
fry06
fry06
20:47 Mon 12 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Think Walker is injured.

Lampard probably bought in for his experience and penalty taking

Defoe on standby. I'd have had an injured Defoe ahead of a fully fit Welbeck. In fact i'd have taken Danny Ings ahead of Welbeck

Would have bought in Stones instead of Smalling and Ruddy ahead of Foster.

Be interesting to see who starts the 1st game apart from the obvious, Hart Gerrard Rooney
theshield
theshield
21:04 Mon 12 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Hart

Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines

Milner*, Gerrard, Lampard, Chamberlain

Rooney

Sturridge

*Milner ALWAYS plays when Johnson starts for england as he is one god awful RB and cant defend.

Would love Lallana at RM but because Johnson is the only recognized RB Milner as to play as he can defend.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:52 Mon 12 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
1st match:

Hart

Jones, Cahill, Smalling, Baines

Gerrard, Lallana, Barkley, Chamberlain

Rooney, Lambert
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:13 Mon 12 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm happy with the squad as long as Jones and Smalling stay well away from the first team. If we have them in then we won't make it out of the groups definitely. Stones and Flannagan are both much better choices. Welbeck I can tolerate if he's a backup, Carroll would've offered us much more.

Hart
Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines
Lallana, Gerrard, Barkley, Sterling
Sturridge, Rooney

That can go 4-4-2, 4-4-2 diamond with Barkley at the top, 4-3-3 wingers with Sterling as the third forward, 4-2-3-1 with Barkley and Gerrard holding and Lallana and Sterling on the wings with Rooney behind Sturridge, etc.

Subs become straightforward too Milner, Henderson, Lampard, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lambert would all slot in nicely, I wouldn't bother with the others.
theshield
theshield
22:37 Mon 12 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm happy with the squad as long as Jones and Smalling stay well away from the first team.

Those two are the strangest decisions Roy as made others were expected other than Lambert or Carroll. Give me Stones and Terry(i would have begged him to play again) over those two as they havent had a great 2 years(that is what Roy is judging from), without Rio or Vidic at side of them they just aint good enough at the minute for me.

If any Man Utd players should go its Rooney and Carrick for me.

Also would have been interesting who would have dropped out of the side for Jay Rodriguez if he wasn't injured.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:49 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Welbeck....simples
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:06 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
32m for Diego Costa - he ain't worth that much, well not yet anyways. This the same player who pretends to be hurt when players no where near him. Over rated, over priced, i feel sorry for Lukaku.

Hope Everton sign him permanently now, Ba to Arsenal now with Loic Remy.

Pardew out, David O'Leary in LOL
fuunky
fuunky
15:10 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Most players are overpriced in today's market, 27 goals in 33 games, overrated?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:30 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Tottenham sack Sherwood, what a joke!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:36 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Yeah i would have said 20m then if scores say minimum 20 goals then the extra 12m. New country, new pace, new league, 32m is a lot for someone new to English Football that's all I'm saying.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:40 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Tottenham sack Sherwood, what a joke!!!!

On the cards mate, DeBoer has been offered it, ties in with signing Eriksen, Vertonghen both from Ajax lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:45 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
If they end up staying that is.. Space at 'pool for them ;)
fuunky
fuunky
15:51 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Yeah i would have said 20m then if scores say minimum 20 goals then the extra 12m. New country, new pace, new league, 32m is a lot for someone new to English Football that's all I'm saying.

There's not many foreign players that struggle to adapt, most of Man City's team had never played in the prem. I just don't know how a striker with his record can be overrated.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:08 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I would like to see Sherwood at Newcastle now.
They need a spark and he would be brilliant there.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:10 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I would like to see Sherwood at Newcastle now.
They need a spark and he would be brilliant there.

He is odds on to be the next Brighton manager.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:32 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
32m for Diego Costa - he ain't worth that much, well not yet anyways. This the same player who pretends to be hurt when players no where near him. Over rated, over priced, i feel sorry for Lukaku.

Hope Everton sign him permanently now, Ba to Arsenal now with Loic Remy.

Pardew out, David O'Leary in LOL

27 goals in La Liga so far, 8 goals in 8 appearances in the Champions League. He is well proven in Europe! The same brand of Striker as Cavani and Falcao who both weren't nearly as impressive this season as Costa, but both cost their clubs over £50 million last summer and wouldn't go for any less now.

He's worth a lot more if Atletico made a stand about it, that'll probably be his minimum fee release. He's a much better choice than Lukaku, who isn't proven in Europe, but that doesn't mean the two won't both be at Chelsea next season.

Atletico have some brilliant players, I feel their younger ones are going to get poached so they have to bring in more.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:58 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Atletico Madrid... Strikers in recent years...

Torres (youth) - £25m to Liverpool
Aguero (Signed about £15.75m) - £39m to City
Falcao (Signed about £34.5m) - £51m to Monaco
Diego Costa (Signed £2.4m, left on a free then signed for 850k) - £32m to Chelsea

I wanna know who they are scouting next...
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:46 Tue 13 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't forget Forlan, not for the money, but the quality he was while he was there.

Atletico are unrivalled for recent strikeforce. I'm sure someone who knows them better could name some more
fry06
fry06
20:35 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
New Liverpool kit is a bit bright!
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:53 Wed 14 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I quite like it
Pages: 13435
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Premier League