Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
the__priest
the__priest
23:19 Tue 5 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Jordan Hendersons dad had throat cancer and things didn't look good at all
that kid played fabulous last season with all that family worry

he got the all clear after a throat operation when Henderson played for England in Brazil
total credit to play the way he did with all that on his young shoulders

experts at work again Bench Warmer

didn't I read the same being said about a certain Wayne Rooney

Rodwell is a class player, when I read he didn't play much for Man City jeeez, keep reading the papers people because that's obviously what you read
Rodwell has had 2 operations on his hamstrings in 2 consecutive seasons and played 7 games in 2 seasons, he is now fully fit

and like any player its time to give him a chance with regular football and now see whether he can regain the form that Man City had seen when signing him for £12 million from Everton
the__priest
the__priest
23:24 Tue 5 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Rubbish, if he settles and plays frequently he will and can replace the useless Jack Wilshire (plus forever injured) plus better than that tripe Henderson.

Jack Rodwell for England!!!

(posted from Fcl Disc thread)

Hendo was one of my players of the season for Liverpool, I still stand by the notion, that if Hendo had not have been banned for the Chelsea game, we wouldn't have lost that, such was the importance of his stamina and ball retention.

Jack Rodwell for England is a bit of a funny comment, he had his chance, by staying at Everton, Osman wouldn't have been called up last year, it would have been Rodwell...
would he when he was injured at the time dooooh
well im sure England don't need to take or play injured players or is it chapster the new England manager

Stupid players, wanting to make stupid money by sitting on a bench, no respect for players like that, hope Rodwell flops and goes to a lower league team, punish him for his stupidness.

lol stupidest erm Wayne Rooney

facts fella facts
all of Sunderland wished Henderson the best of luck when he left Sunderland

funny that

maybe when we turn him into a good player you may want to sign him too
the__priest
the__priest
23:17 Wed 6 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
another great signing for Sunderland today

Santiago Vergini
excellent Argentinian right back and also can cover at centre half

another loan this season and sure it will be made permanent next season
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:17 Thu 7 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
another great signing for Sunderland today

Santiago Vergini
excellent Argentinian right back and also can cover at centre half

another loan this season and sure it will be made permanent next season

Very good signing that, well played SAFC
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:07 Thu 7 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Looking forward to the new season and can't wait for bojan take the league by storm what I've seen of him in preseason he looks quality 3 in 3 so far for him
the__priest
the__priest
12:01 Thu 7 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Looking forward to the new season and can't wait for bojan take the league by storm what I've seen of him in preseason he looks quality 3 in 3 so far for him

Liam

we need to start calling Sunderland your feeder club
must be the red and white stripes

I'm looking forward to the new season and god I pray
no relegation worries

looks like the Borini is staying at Liverpool

so I'm looking forward to the 2 imminent new signings
hope there top players
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:45 Thu 7 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
haha yeah we had some players off you now only got bardsley left though all the rest have gone elsewhere now
the__priest
the__priest
22:22 Fri 8 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
SUNDERLAND in for Leeds full-back Sam Byram

£4 million bid turned down
cke1982
cke1982
00:02 Sat 9 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  

great player at barca suprised he ended up at stoke but i think hell be a great addition if played right
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:37 Sat 9 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Whatever Hummels, Vermaelen, de Vrij and Vidal WILL be United players by Sept 2nd - Not me knowing it all - just crystal ball says so - smart alec!

Edited at 14:43 Mon 21/07/14 (BST)

De Vrij - moved to Lazio
Vermaelen - set for Barca pending personal terms
Vidal - snubbed United to stay at Juve
Hummels - 20 million was all United would offer despite claims of breaking the bank

Think that crystal ball is broke
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:44 Sat 9 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Will they sign Hummels and Vidal yes they will, will they sign Vermaelen, probably. Will they sign Depay (YES), Blind (Yes) maybe not Reus but Cuadrado will be a certainty.

Depay - no United bid yet despite interest, Spurs are in for him and PSV negotiating a new deal for him
Blind and Cuadrado - look likely to go through, though progress is slow
Di Maria - PSG move supposedly falling through, might be a way in for United. But seriously, a move away from Madrid would be bad news for him.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:50 Sat 9 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
zantetsukenz
Money talks, Utd have the money to buy anyone tbf, if they put in high bids for hummels, reus, vidal they will get them for sure thats only if they break the bank balance

Their activity would suggest you were wrong, unwilling to bid high for Hummels and Reus. Young, World Cup winners and would be first team starters but United won't bid anything but cheap. They put the high bid in for Vidal and it failed.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:20 Sat 9 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Depay - Hit n miss between Spurs and United
Vidal/Cuadrado/Blind - Nearly all done, Blind training alone @ Ajax.
Di Maria - PSG say too expensive but they spent 50m on the flop D.Luiz lol - think they may some how loan him first with option to buy.
Hummels - Very quiet but he will NOT be playing for Dortmund vs Liverpool this weekend, probably too soon since return, but obviously conspiracy theorists will concoct some story.
Reus - IF he leaves Dortmund can only see him go to Arsenal or United,
W.Carvalho - United are still in for him, replacement if Vidal's move doesn't pull through.
M.Benatia - Bid has been made for him this evening from United - £27m to Roma
E.Mangala - Why the huge delay with signing for City - he has been quoted he'd prefer United over City - so surprised even under consideration TBH.
Yarmolenko - £8m bid made by Stoke - will be a great signing for them as is Bojan.
E.Cavani - Wanted by Liverpool - Can actually see him signing for them.
E,Cambiasso - Leicester trying to sign him.

Some cracking signings still to be made and a lot of Twists n Turns to come.

I don't want a bloody argument neither, this is just my opinion!

Edited at 03:01 Sat 09/08/14 (BST)
cke1982
cke1982
15:42 Sat 9 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Will they sign Hummels and Vidal yes they will, will they sign Vermaelen, probably. Will they sign Depay (YES), Blind (Yes) maybe not Reus but Cuadrado will be a certainty.

Depay - no United bid yet despite interest, Spurs are in for him and PSV negotiating a new deal for him
Di Maria - PSG move supposedly falling through, might be a way in for United. But seriously, a move away from Madrid would be bad news for him.

no champions league will cost united players theyve got to believe in the challenge to get back to the top form van gall or go somewhere else
cke1982
cke1982
15:45 Sat 9 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Depay - Hit n miss between Spurs and United
Vidal/Cuadrado/Blind - Nearly all done, Blind training alone @ Ajax.
Di Maria - PSG say too expensive but they spent 50m on the flop D.Luiz lol - think they may some how loan him first with option to buy.
Hummels - Very quiet but he will NOT be playing for Dortmund vs Liverpool this weekend, probably too soon since return, but obviously conspiracy theorists will concoct some story.
Reus - IF he leaves Dortmund can only see him go to Arsenal or United,
W.Carvalho - United are still in for him, replacement if Vidal's move doesn't pull through.
M.Benatia - Bid has been made for him this evening from United - £27m to Roma
E.Mangala - Why the huge delay with signing for City - he has been quoted he'd prefer United over City - so surprised even under consideration TBH.
Yarmolenko - £8m bid made by Stoke - will be a great signing for them as is Bojan.
E.Cavani - Wanted by Liverpool - Can actually see him signing for them.
E,Cambiasso - Leicester trying to sign him.

Some cracking signings still to be made and a lot of Twists n Turns to come.

I don't want a bloody argument neither, this is just my opinion!

Edited at 03:01 Sat 09/08/14 (BST)

liverpool wont pay his 300 grand wages yarmolenko a great player will be a great signing
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:11 Sat 9 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  

no champions league will cost united players theyve got to believe in the challenge to get back to the top form van gall or go somewhere else

I totally agree but the challenge should be even more incentive, working with one of the Best managers in the World - experience and achievements wise, then I'm sure he will sign only the top players he can find. As for the lack of CL I dont think it will affect United as much as it would other teams due to the Commercial side Worldwide. The desire of players may affect it but not that much. United are STILL United.

Liverpool have qualified for CL for the first time in ages, panic buying and if most of them have *Must qualify for the CL as Release Clauses then they gonna be back to square one next season. Too many incoming's and will do a Tottenham, no team cohesion nor proper team spirit. Oh well, never mind!
the__priest
the__priest
19:24 Sat 9 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Sunderland 2 Udinese 0. Wickham (pen) Vergini

59th minute both subbed
class signing Vergini not bad for a right back
scores the gets the penalty 2 minutes later
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:33 Sun 10 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
United are nothing special, they are just as vulnerable to not signing their targets as anyone else who wants CL players but weren't ever likely to achieve it last season (qualification). There are plenty of world class managers about, Van Gaal is being hyped up for overachieving in the World Cup and United desperately hoping for the next Fergie like Moyes was billed to be. When United fail to break in the top four everyone will become more realistic (not saying he isn't a good manager, there's just far too much work to be done to get united in the top 4).

Liverpool showed top 4 quality in the second half of the season before last and then all through last season. Under Brendan Rodgers they have someone who could take them where they want and is proven with them (and is the sort of manager Moyes was supposed to be).
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:41 Sun 10 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
There has been no panic buying, Suarez's departure was fully planned for and he won't be missed. Anyone who thinks so doesn't know a thing about football. Liverpool could play without Suarez (better points per game ratio, better goals for/against ratio, less goals conceded), Spurs couldn't without Bale. Liverpool have bought players complimentary to their team, they for in with the plan of the club, who will be gradually brought into the starting squad over time. Spurs brought in many players to replace one, who didn't for into the system (no service for Soldado), didn't fit together and were thrown into the deep end, and worst of all didn't for into any decent plan for the club because they don't have one save for trying to get into the top 4.

The Liverpool squad will be largely the same with a few add ons, there will be a great team spirit (more so than with the wholesale changes in the United squad who aren't anywhere near complete). They have done most of their business already, so there is no worry of last minute panic buying a Fellaini. The extra time will see the squad already bonding, plus the Southampton contingent will fit in well together already.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:41 Sun 10 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Suarez deal fully planned, so it were planned for him to try become Hannibal Lecter and fancy an Italien that day during the World Cup. Never have i heard so much garbage, Liverpool fans were begging him to stay even if they added a bite clause to his contract or made him wear a muzzle.

Quite convenient now he's gone to say all this 'we planned for him to move' nonsense. Most of the signings are not to just feel the MASSIVE void which Suarez has left, I grant you that but that VOID is still there and the players bought in are not exactly tip top quality as Liverpool fans under their general hypnosis like to imagine. Markovic 2 goals last season, BEBE acquired more and he's useless, so 20/25m for garbage. Lallana yeah quality and Captain at Southampton, but there he had the club and team built around him and his positional awareness, not going to get the same at Gerrard's Liverpool. Lambert top quality striker, climbed all the way through the ranks, all other strikers being bought as well, must do wonders for his confidence. Javier Manquillo Gaitan (WHO?) Struggling to think of some of others but cant remember as not much KOP.

Tottenham tried the same logic to bring in many players and not just to cover 1 VOID (BALE) and they failed miserably with Lamela, Eriksen, Capoue, Soldado, Chariches & Chadli , hence the comparison and the KOP will no doubt be a FLOP!
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2014 / 2015

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.