Back to Forum List.

Pages: 145
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:38 Wed 30 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Code to join the fantasy football league, fantasy.premierleague.com

is 46807-139749

All are welcome!

12 teams so far, more the merrier, 20 would be a nice number. Looking good.
the__priest
the__priest
09:29 Thu 31 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Chelsea to Everton

Romelu Lukaku for a club record fee of £28 million

and Borini isn't worth £14 million ??
looking at this transfer Borini is a bargain
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:44 Thu 31 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Chelsea to Everton

Romelu Lukaku for a club record fee of £28 million

and Borini isn't worth £14 million ??
looking at this transfer Borini is a bargain

Lukaku has been top goalscorer at both clubs he has been loaned to the last 2 seasons.

The question begs, what does Mourinho know about him that we don't??

Also Craig, I think the recall of Connor Wickham last season saved you. I think he could be your main man this season
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
17:44 Thu 31 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think it was more a fact he wasn't prepared to wait anymore for first team football at Chelsea when he can get it regularly elsewhere. For Jose he is a massive chunk of money to help with FFP after some big signings.

32 goals in two seasons isn't a bad record, Borini got about half of Lukakus total last season with Lukaku playing at one of the best clubs in the league as a focal point in attack after being a flop at Chelsea. Borini could get a bigger role than last season so might be able to step up like Lukaku has. 14 million might not be so bad for someone who definitely fits into the system rather than buying someone who doesn't for and needing to buy again. Liverpool can't argue with the price either, he didn't work out for us and we can bring in someone who will if the transfer goes ahead (it sounds like it is back on).

Wick ham did well when he got going, he could get a partnership going with Borini since they had a bit of experience together last season
theshield
theshield
23:18 Sat 2 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Question for you Liverpool fans

Spending near on 100 million do you think you should be winning the league next season?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:28 Sun 3 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
They can win 3rd place lol
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:53 Sun 3 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Not particularly, Spurs spent that and no one expected them to (or if anyone did then they are foolish).

Champions league qualification is the aspiration, if we can get a place nailed down then we can carry on move forward. Considering the 75 million for the Suarez deal, plus Origi going on loan, we are about breaking even at the moment. More worrying at United, net spend is higher yet they have a more condensed squad with the loss of some big names from last year. LVG says they might not need more signings based on pre-season suggests they are struggling to sign who they want even with a reputation like his. Week in week out there are still question marks around the ability if his squad.

We'll be doing better than United (who finally have direction), though I do recall David Moyes starting well in pre-season and beating a championship side in the charity shield. For the league I think Chelsea, City and Arsenal will be tough to beat. United will make up ground and is imagine finish above Spurs and battle Everton for 5th (though they'll all battle for 4th till late in the season).

Funnily enough Ash I'm half expecting third place, because it will be worse than last season big better than expectations (the realistic ones). Though I am hoping for the we're gonna win the league chants whatever our position, was great as a fan to hear.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:59 Sun 3 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh and if we bring in Isco, expect something like this:

Let's all have a disco!
Sturridge, Sterling, Isco!
Lallaaa-na!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:49 Sun 3 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Liverpool haven't spent £100m though, they've spent like £20m. After finishing 2nd last season and getting back into Champions League football, they're gonna be in a really strong position financially to sign players not just now but also in January. Their revenue will be so high just from this season that even if they don't finish 4th (Which would see Rogers depart IMO), they'd still be able to sign really big players next season. Unfortunately it would also put them in the same situation as United where they spend a lot of money banking on Champs League football. That would destabilise them financially.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
02:12 Mon 4 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Should be a good pre-season match in the ICC final tomorrow, Liverpool vs United. I'm expecting a lot of intensity for pre-season game and it should be a packed stadium!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:45 Mon 4 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
United to win 2-0
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
03:02 Mon 4 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
3-2 Liverpool
silenthill
silenthill
13:31 Mon 4 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
onevisit supports Barnsley
the__priest
the__priest
08:18 Tue 5 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Jack Rodwell to Sunderland to be announced this morning

Great signing
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:15 Tue 5 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Jack Rodwell to Sunderland to be announced this morning

Great signing

Very good player and signing, under rated.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:11 Tue 5 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
United to win 2-0

3-1 Result: Liverpool better side 1st half, Uniteds defense and Fletcher were atrocious, 2nd half passed the ball quicker and Tyler Blackett were a lot more effective than Jonny Evans.

Only threat in 2nd half were Sterling whereas in 1st half Sterling and Coutinho ran the show.

United didn't play their top side as still got additions plus Rvp and Januzaj Liverpool near full strength and missed a Suarez type player, someone to link up the play from the forward line. Sakho bossed the defence too,

Overall fair result,
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:36 Tue 5 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Rubbish, if he settles and plays frequently he will and can replace the useless Jack Wilshire (plus forever injured) plus better than that tripe Henderson.

Jack Rodwell for England!!!

(posted from Fcl Disc thread)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:51 Tue 5 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Fair result? United didn't have a sniff for 50 odd minutes till they got a goal. After that it was end to end and Liverpool just ran out of steam. United were dreadful first half and there is a lot of work to do for them. Liverpool needed Sturridge to finish of the chances to kill the fine in the fat half and it never happened again. So they still need another striker but we knew that anyway. Coutinho will play a massive part this season, so he needs a good run in the team and will Sterling. I've looks like he had the potential to break through in the less important games to give us that extra rotation. Defence needs work still but there's improvement overall.

Plenty of work for both teams, both have reasons to be happy with the performance but a lot left wanting
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:15 Tue 5 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Rubbish, if he settles and plays frequently he will and can replace the useless Jack Wilshire (plus forever injured) plus better than that tripe Henderson.

Jack Rodwell for England!!!

(posted from Fcl Disc thread)

Hendo was one of my players of the season for Liverpool, I still stand by the notion, that if Hendo had not have been banned for the Chelsea game, we wouldn't have lost that, such was the importance of his stamina and ball retention.

Jack Rodwell for England is a bit of a funny comment, he had his chance, by staying at Everton, Osman wouldn't have been called up last year, it would have been Rodwell...

Stupid players, wanting to make stupid money by sitting on a bench, no respect for players like that, hope Rodwell flops and goes to a lower league team, punish him for his stupidness.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:02 Tue 5 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Rodwell is a load of rubbish, about as promising as Wilshere. Henderson and Barkley are the sort we need.
Pages: 145
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League 2014 / 2015

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.