FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18889
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
08:49 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  

productive answer
is that it ?
this will be the first time in 14 seasons 6 will start a season
maybe even 7 still the lowest ever
I wont answer your above comments, tedious at best and maybe left where they are

however a ? I asked
why do you think 6 teams will compete next season the lowest ever

No, it's INCREDIBLY simple to answer. The sites numbers on a whole have declined due to advances in preferred technology use, competition and an overall lack of direction. The leagues will take a hit everytime the overall site numbers reduce. However, never before has such a high ratio of funkypool users been clan members before. So overall, the clans are a booming success in comparison to the site overall!

This is strikingly accurate.
_huts24_
_huts24_
10:39 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
FBL

US8 Arc x 6 Frames
US9 Arc x 6 Frames
US8 x 6 Frames
US9 x 6 Frames
UK8 x 6 Frames
Straight x 4 Frames

2 points for a win each game like last season, 6 players one more than SL last season but with arcade it increases the chances of upsets.

Looks great ^ im Very pleased to see Arcade introduced as its fun to play and we should use all types of pool in clans . Well done
erigert
erigert
11:11 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
FBL

US8 Arc x 6 Frames
US9 Arc x 6 Frames
US8 x 6 Frames
US9 x 6 Frames
UK8 x 6 Frames
Straight x 4 Frames

2 points for a win each game like last season, 6 players one more than SL last season but with arcade it increases the chances of upsets.

Looks great ^ im Very pleased to see Arcade introduced as its fun to play and we should use all types of pool in clans . Well done

You are forgetting minigolf huts.
_huts24_
_huts24_
12:11 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
FBL

US8 Arc x 6 Frames
US9 Arc x 6 Frames
US8 x 6 Frames
US9 x 6 Frames
UK8 x 6 Frames
Straight x 4 Frames

You are forgetting minigolf huts.

I wouldnt class minigolf a type of pool eri lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:58 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
For me 9 Ball Arc shouldn't be included, guys like craig and huts will moan at me but pretty much 4/5 its a break and clear for person breaking and over in less than 60 seconds in most cases, overall less than 10 minutes so whats the point coming on to play for 5-10 minutes to log out again? I come on to play pool and i admit longer the competition the more motivation i have which i have a real lack of motivation and drive to play.

8 Ball Arc i could bare as it has a potential tactical element but usually over in 2 minutes so thats still around 15 minutes.

I know i'm moaning but i prefer a game what takes at least 30 minutes as feel to have been on long enough for a competitive format.

If your sticking to Team Count then maybe a format like this?

US8 Arc x 16 Frames (or 12 if 16 is High but 16 would make a League type setting)
US9 Arc x 16 Frames (or 12 if 16 is High but 16 would make a League type setting)
US8 x 8 Frames
US9 x 8 Frames
UK8 x 8 Frames
Straight x 4 Frames

At least i would want 9Arc removed as a compromise but not sure if i want to play Arcade, If my Captain chose not to enter FBL due to Arcade then i wouldn't find an FBL team but if i got subbed into Arcade then i would still try despite not enjoying the format.

I want Mini Golf included, lowest score wins the frame
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:37 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If you introduce the Arcade types could you also please implement a rule that allows me and my opponent to decide each frame via coin flip - To save us the trouble of arranging the fixture?
klien
klien
13:50 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If you introduce the Arcade types could you also please implement a rule that allows me and my opponent to decide each frame via coin flip - To save us the trouble of arranging the fixture?

+1 .. It will become the Mickey mouse cup of everything.

We may as well just scrap the FBL and have 2 leagues if you're going to put arcade in it. I seriously wouldn't even want to play in the FBL if it included arcade types.

Straight takes skill. Even Craig can run out on the arcade tables, and he is the most defensive style player you could ever play.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:05 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
No to arcade!
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
14:07 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Your all acting like your being forced to play arcade, you only need 2 people to play it, it's not that bad really.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:19 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Your all acting like your being forced to play arcade, you only need 2 people to play it, it's not that bad really.

You were acting like you were being forced to play straight.....

I can just about justify it being in as its a valid mode, but six frames? People were begrudging more straight frames as it takes too long but are okay with six frames that will take all of a minute?
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
14:52 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I dont have alot of time for clans at the moment so a minute of arcade would be better than an hour of straight.
erigert
erigert
15:26 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The only Place in which u can Include Arcades should be the GSC.
Replace one of the FCL games with 8 ball arcade and 1 of the SL games with 9 ball arcade.

16 frames of 8ball arcade
20 frames of 9 ball arcade

Arcade in FBL is just silly in my opinion.
beenjammin
beenjammin
17:19 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I know i'm moaning but i prefer a game what takes at least 30 minutes as feel to have been on long enough for a competitive format.

If your sticking to Team Count then maybe a format like this?

US8 Arc x 16 Frames (or 12 if 16 is High but 16 would make a League type setting)
US9 Arc x 16 Frames (or 12 if 16 is High but 16 would make a League type setting)
US8 x 8 Frames
US9 x 8 Frames
UK8 x 8 Frames
Straight x 4 Frames

He's trying to keep one league that optimizes the chance of upsets though, by keeping it short. and it's not currently team match count, it's indiv match count.
I see the point about arcade being so short though, we do have less straight because it's so long.
How about:
8arc: 6
9arc: 8
8us: 6
9us: 6
8uk: 6
str8: 4
or to make it even more even on time spent in each type,
could make 9arc: 10, and 8arc and 9us: 8
if that's not getting too long for upsets.

Edited at 14:35 Wed 22/07/15 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:34 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
true in most cases im guessing 9Arc will be a draw or edge a win whatever format is added but when i posted i wasn't thinking about upsets or top clans etc.

at one point i played from either 10 am or 12 pm until the moment i went to bed, back then it was around 12:30 am, only breaks would be food, thats back when site was booming, rank meant something, tournaments meaningful and i had my pick on players to play.

in the present i last a maximum of 30-45 mins in practice and if i don't have anyone to play, then i find something else to do. Normally see only a few friends on at a time. Until the site becomes how it was, booming i don't think i will have the motivation to play much so form suffers. The League keeps me going more than anything and the Arcade games if i had to play would feel meaningless unless it had a format which lasted at least 20-30 minutes.
beenjammin
beenjammin
21:56 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1 player for each type? Instead of 2.

Yes

But teams are still 16 max so that's 10 players not played. We need MORE matches to accommodate the Whole Team.

As it was this season we had:
FCL: 8 indiv matches in one team match
FBL: 8 "
SL: 5 "

I believe the new idea is:
FCL 8 "
SL 8 "
FBL 6 "

So we'll actually have 1 more indiv match than we used to.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:58 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1 player for each type? Instead of 2.

Yes

But teams are still 16 max so that's 10 players not played. We need MORE matches to accommodate the Whole Team.

As it was this season we had:
FCL: 8 indiv matches in one team match
FBL: 8 "
SL: 5 "

I believe the new idea is:
FCL 8 "
SL 8 "
FBL 6 "

So we'll actually have 1 more indiv match than we used to.

Just remember more matches = more potential defaults
beenjammin
beenjammin
22:03 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
A change by one, in the league that demands the least players.......
more defaults?........I disagree

Edited at 19:07 Wed 22/07/15 (BST)
hippesville
hippesville
22:14 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Bit gutted Arcade is being implemented
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:14 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Maybe, Maybe not but on Snooks every team is struggling with 10 per team, last set we had 5 active out of 6 games and only got one default.

Pool is more popular of course so less risk of obscurity
faust
faust
22:15 Wed 22 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Bit gutted Arcade is being implemented

Join the queue! lol
Pages: 18889
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.