FCL Discussion old

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18788
mich
mich
15:41 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
So why is everyone told to wait for last week for subs when it clearly states there is no limit on number of subs and they can be made any time?

Surely if we are to stick by a set if rules they should be readily available for everyone to see not just runners.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:50 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Keith must never update the rules when he changes them then I guess. I've never read them once tbh.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:51 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
So why is everyone told to wait for last week for subs when it clearly states there is no limit on number of subs and they can be made any time?

Surely if we are to stick by a set if rules they should be readily available for everyone to see not just runners.

Its been 3 weeks to sub for two seasons mate so that means Keith hasn't fully updated the rules from 2-3 seasons ago.

Luckily i know most of the rules so i never really check
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:34 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
There are no rules mate...only do what we are told...guess writing them down would make them water tight and applicable for all. I can now see why they aren't visible or have been accidentally removed from the leagues Etcher-Sketch.

Guess it all depends on what mood Moses is in on the day...I mean the 10 Funkypool Clan Commandments seem to change all the time....they must be wind directed I guess.

Still waiting for a decision on r1p0m4n_v2's fixtures, he was incorrectly selected in...whether Uprising have to conform to the same ruling others have been told or whether they get special dispensation and can make a player switch?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:58 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Guess it all depends on what mood Moses is in on the day...I mean the 10 Funkypool Clan Commandments seem to change all the time....they must be wind directed I guess.

^ LOL so Keith hasn't updated on site, He has mentioned the changes on the forum and all Captains understand the guidelines so what is the problem?

If it makes you feel better i can message Keith what rules has changed and update them myself to put your mind at ease.

Still waiting for a decision on r1p0m4n_v2's fixtures, he was incorrectly selected in...whether Uprising have to conform to the same ruling others have been told or whether they get special dispensation and can make a player switch?

^ I don't think he will give the dispensation as if he does, he will be labeled as biased by Phoenix yet Phoenix moan that you can't sub at any time and want it changed which the dispensation would suit both teams (Only Default Points would actually suffer if it went that far).

It's a no win for Keith, the sensible thing would be to give a dispensation (like i do on Snooker for struggling clans) and that wouldn't screw Phoenix as they will gain two weeks of playing time but then everyone would want dispensations.
erigert
erigert
17:01 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
There are no rules mate...only do what we are told...guess writing them down would make them water tight and applicable for all. I can now see why they aren't visible or have been accidentally removed from the leagues Etcher-Sketch.

True, and the wind always favours Uprising. So get over with it or just fold your team from clans.
mich
mich
18:23 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the sensible thing to do would be to actually have a set of rules, publicisedo so everyone can see and stick at them. After all rules are there to be adhered to.

Whether I agree with the wait til last week til we sub rule (which I dont) or not is completely beyond the point.

I'd like nothing more for all clans to be able to make subs at most times past the first week or 2 without removing a player from a team who could possibly contribute later in the fixture.

It's just making it less likely games will be played and more likely that defaults will be the outcome.

Even a change of rule now would be welcomed by most I would imagine, I just wanna know what all the rules are so I have a clear understanding of everything. If the rules have been changed for w seasons then surely there has been ample time to post them on the site.

If you wanna send me brief versions the rule updates I'll type it all up for you so they can be put up.
buckjam
buckjam
18:32 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
It has not been necessary for the rules to be updated. Everyone save one person knows the rules and plays within them. Small amendments have been made at the start of new seasons which again , everyone knows and accepts save one person. 99% of matches between players and sets between teams are played in the right spirit and in the time frames given. What remains are normally the games involving one person, and one clan only.

Subs and swaps are not the problem, Ash is. That is proven and without dispute amongst all reasonable people on here.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:40 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd like nothing more for all clans to be able to make subs at most times past the first week or 2 without removing a player from a team who could possibly contribute later in the fixture.

It's just making it less likely games will be played and more likely that defaults will be the outcome.

Sometimes a default isn't a bad thing, i mean say a player was off for 3 weeks then final week when inactive can sub and active team has their player offline a week, it is still 3 weeks vs 1 week so why should the active team sub out when they been ineffective for three weeks? On paper i wouldn't mind the opposition playing for a default as negative as it sounds it doesn't punish the team who fielded the inactive player. If i was in this situation i would ask for a sub but if opponent refused to sub and take default, i wouldn't moan at them as it was my fault for fielding an inactive or unwilling player but accept the default loss.

Three weeks also should stop a clan from fielding an inactive player from the start as they can't sub for three weeks unless they are removed from the team. I think it could be catered to two weeks to sub which is a good compromise but i wouldn't remove restrictions completely as opens up a can of worms including Captains fielding inactive players then sub after a week.

Even Can't sub for three weeks unless BOTH captains agree would be a good compromise but the reasons behind the subs, i agree with
mich
mich
19:01 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Say something happens in the first week out of my control, my laptop goes bust or Internet goes off (both happened to me in last 3 weeks) is it fair on my team who have to suffer a default because of no one's fault? Not at all.
hippesville
hippesville
19:08 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Your responsibility to maintain your funky access!

You're right tho, it can happen to anyone.

Such is life
hippesville
hippesville
19:09 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Are swaps not permitted tho?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:16 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Say something happens in the first week out of my control, my laptop goes bust or Internet goes off (both happened to me in last 3 weeks) is it fair on my team who have to suffer a default because of no one's fault? Not at all.

If you was off for 3 weeks (even out of your control) then would be too bad as it counts as offline so you would be rightfully punished by a default as you were inactive. If a game is played the inactive player isn't punished so sometimes a default is needed.

Last season both Phoenix and Scorpions had one sided fixtures and i advised Huts to default it and i would have advised Ash to default in that situation as well. The funny side was that the inactive team moaned for no subs and the active team said why should we sub? (right decision).

In One sided fixture, the inactive team has to help the active team without the active player subbing out, If not it should be defaulted as the active player isn't punished for making effort. The active player shouldn't sub out to prevent a default maybe but communication works both ways.

Defaults aren't as negative as they used to be but people don't see that.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:16 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Are swaps not permitted tho?

Yep but usually reversed as some teams use it tactically.
mich
mich
19:17 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Even a swap would have seen me unavailable mate that's why I was out of SL I believe from the beginning of this set.

Luckily (if you can call it that) my issues come a day before fixture release so.wasn't affected too much just a change on teamseets.

But if something comes up which affects access or the person in general whether their fault or not it's not fair on their team who can't do anything for weeks.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:26 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
If i had an inactive player and opponent was active, i would ask for a sub once but if opponent refused and took it to default, i wouldn't blame them for defaulting the game and taking the win.

Normally it's like the 'Cowards Way Out' as you aren't playing but logically its a good move as they lose points and may make them think twice before fielding an inactive player as you have to abide by their times and not the other way around.

I would accept the Default Loss without question as i was at fault.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:32 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Even a swap would have seen me unavailable mate that's why I was out of SL I believe from the beginning of this set.

Luckily (if you can call it that) my issues come a day before fixture release so.wasn't affected too much just a change on teamseets.

But if something comes up which affects access or the person in general whether their fault or not it's not fair on their team who can't do anything for weeks.

You have four weeks to play though, if you're out 7 days out of 28 its not too bad at start of the fixture as you have three weeks to play.

I know theirs a problem with the three weeks rule but if you're inactive then you deserve to be subbed out unless it is a one sided fixture in the final week.

A compromise could be a Sub can be made early if BOTH Captains agree and must be in Writing so the Runner can see and allow it.

While the three weeks can be a restriction, i agree with the reasons behind it as if you put in inactive or players has problems it impacts the fixture more so stops subbing inactive players after a week
mich
mich
19:34 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  

You have four weeks to play though, if you're out 7 days out of 28 its not too bad at start of the fixture as you have three weeks to play.

I know theirs a problem with the three weeks rule but if you're inactive then you deserve to be subbed out unless it is a one sided fixture in the final week.

A compromise could be a Sub can be made early if BOTH Captains agree and must be in Writing so the Runner can see and allow it.

While the three weeks can be a restriction, i agree with the reasons behind it as if you put in inactive or players has problems it impacts the fixture more so stops subbing inactive players after a week

The only reason I'm back on is because I forked out 340 on a new laptop most people don't have that at their disposal. I'd have been off the full 4 and probably rest of season if it wasn't for a caring fiance really.
mich
mich
19:35 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yet my team would have had to.suffer as they couldn't make a sub is all I am saying they'd have has to wait 3 weeks instead of doing it as soon as they knew and avoiding all this default rubbish.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:42 Sun 4 Sep 16 (BST)  [Link]  
defaults aren't bad really, the three week sub has caught us all out but we accept it.

Its unfortunate if you were active at release then something happened and your team suffered but its been three weeks to sub for several seasons and if you were that inactive then you should be removed from the team to make an early sub as you won't be around.

It happened to us with Harry, we had to wait three weeks and fortunately for us, Stu helped on deadline day when he should have took a default win and punished us for fielding Harry in the first place.

its unfortunate but happens to us all and can't just change rules mid season.

I won't be around next season but i agree with either two weeks to sub OR both captains agree but wouldn't remove the restrictions as inactive players aren't punished
Pages: 18788
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL Discussion old

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.