Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 17172
_niall_
_niall_
09:54 Sat 3 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
janmb said:
I didn't

Alonso is an utter loser (ever after his season in McLaren), and Webber just causes a little too many incidents - he has always been a hot-head

Double world champion...wish I was a "loser"!
janmb
janmb
10:36 Sat 3 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_niall_ said:

It's got nothing to do with his performance as a driver.... That's pretty indisputable.

I merely lost any respect for him what so ever after his constant season of whining when he got mopped around the floor by the rookie from the UK.
dr_lovepump
dr_lovepump
12:08 Sat 3 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
janmb said:

And why Button didn't run in Q2 beats me - must be some problem with the car I guess, but they never mentioned it during the broadcast.

Alonso 19, Hamilton 20, Massa 21.... should make for an interesting race anyway

Theres some rule saying that if you go off in a session and cant get going again, then you will take no part in any other session. Or words vaguely similar to that!

Yes combine the grid shake up with some rain and tomorrows race may end up another classic.

I think ive finally given up on Schumacher after today though. He had the perect chance to shine in these conditions and ended up atleast 5 places behind rosberg. All hope is lost, go home Michael
_niall_
_niall_
12:19 Sat 3 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
janmb said:
_niall_ said:

It's got nothing to do with his performance as a driver.... That's pretty indisputable.

I merely lost any respect for him what so ever after his constant season of whining when he got mopped around the floor by the rookie from the UK.

I don't know what constitutes being an utter loser in your book, but winning back-to-back world titles certainly doesn't in mine!
janmb
janmb
03:52 Sun 4 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Loser in this context has nothing to do with winning vs losing Niall

More like being a total *beeep*
janmb
janmb
05:59 Sun 4 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Great win for Vettel!

He's been the fastest driver in the fastest car 3 of 3 races this far this season so couldn't possibly be more deserved.

20 -> 6 for Hamilton isn't half bad either, pity he couldn't make it past Sutil, but Force India has had plenty pace since the last half of the previous season so no great surprise they are hard to overtake. Great driver too.

Of course very bad luck for Alonso blowing his engine in the second last lap, but frankly can't help laughing my butt off anyway.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
07:46 Sun 4 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Sutil deserved to keep his place, seemed to be the only car that was decent enough to be too fast for the mclaren to overtake, as the ferraris were behind and the red bull's were way in front
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
09:46 Sun 4 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
janmb said:
Of course very bad luck for Alonso blowing his engine in the second last lap, but frankly can't help laughing my butt off anyway.

Couldn't help laughing myself

Great win from Vettel, he's looking favourite for the title if Red Bull can get the reliability sorted for rest of season.
janmb
janmb
10:03 Sun 4 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
He is for sure - the red bulls are quite clearly the fastest car on the track and has been for all 3 races this far, in all weather conditions too.

The problems they've had this far may be nothing but coincidence too... At least the second one - a burst brake disc can happen to anyone, and since they're all at the very limit of the rules on that particular part, all cars are effectively running the same disk and the same risk of failure.

The driver and the amount of pushing they have to do clearly plays a role in that particular case though, not just the car parts.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:20 Sun 4 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
shame it didnt rain :)

Loving vettel :)

I also laughed at alonso's car lol my bad
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
12:31 Tue 6 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
janmb said:
a burst brake disc can happen to anyone, and since they're all at the very limit of the rules on that particular part, all cars are effectively running the same disk and the same risk of failure.

Yep true but from what I've heard from inside mclaren (I have a mate who works at their woking base), Red Bull are using some secretive active suspension that can automatically (and manually by the driver) adjust riding height during the race to compensate when the car gets lighter (as the fuel is used) to keep the car as low as possible throughout race for max speed and downforce. Apparently FIA said such a device could be illegal but the car has passed their tests, my mate said Mclaren were looking into how the suspension on the wheel that the brake failed on, had reacted differently to the failure than normal suspension and also video footage of a webber pitstop where when the car was stationary, something was seen rotating and sparking inside the wheel hub which they say is strange.
Of course non of this could be true but Mclaren are saying these failures are related to this idea and over stressing the car, we shall see what future races hold.
janmb
janmb
14:16 Tue 6 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Interesting to say the least - thanks for the info
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:34 Thu 8 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Agree that there over stressing cars out with the full limit of fuel, means the breaks etc get worn out due to higher consumptions of fuel in the tank, also makes it very boring in the early stages of the race as no1 wants to pit first due to the rubber being used up too quick, meaning a slower race in my personal opinion and meaning less over taking then last season, which also seemed to be 1 of the best i've watched.
Also i dont know about the rest of you, yes F1 cars are ment to be able to deal with having loads of fuel on board, but 1 bad crash and cant you see the driver getting seriously injuried if not more?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:18 Thu 8 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_niall_ said:

no need to wish

schumacker needs to remember hes not in the moto gp
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:19 Thu 8 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Posted Image

nah........double post

Edited at 20:21 Thu 08/04/10 (BST)
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
20:09 Sat 10 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_matt_ said:
Agree that there over stressing cars out with the full limit of fuel, means the breaks etc get worn out due to higher consumptions of fuel in the tank, also makes it very boring in the early stages of the race as no1 wants to pit first due to the rubber being used up too quick, meaning a slower race in my personal opinion and meaning less over taking then last season, which also seemed to be 1 of the best i've watched.
Also i dont know about the rest of you, yes F1 cars are ment to be able to deal with having loads of fuel on board, but 1 bad crash and cant you see the driver getting seriously injuried if not more?

True but Button did pit 1st in Australia and won the race from it (and cos Vettel had dropped out), but I do personally think the 2008 season was best when the pit lane didn't know what fuel was aboard each car from the start, 2009 they published what weight of fuel was present in each car at the start of each race, 2008 it was always a guessing game as to wether a car was light to get pole or they had a crackin lap to get there, and cos of that, teams couldn't always pre-plan and had to think on their feet, added more excitement to the race imo.
janmb
janmb
20:24 Sat 10 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Completely agree

If I was at the steering wheel of F1, these are the changes I'd make for next season:

1: Lose the retarded rule about having to use both tyre options. Having just two options is fine, but forcing the use of both gains nothing, not in terms of room for strategy, nor any significant economical gain.

2: Get fueling back in, leave the teams free to run whatever fuel they wish for Q3, keep it secret, but allow no fueling what so ever after Q3 until race start.

3: Further reduce aerodynamics. F1 is still struggling with a massive overtaking (or lack thereof) problem. Traction still needs to be further shifted from aero to mechanical grip.

4: Relax the trigger-happy stewards and rules regarding racing incidents. The last few years have shown that pretty much whenever two cars have an incident, one of them are penalized pretty hard. Fair enough, there needs to be limits and consequences of behaving irresponsibly, but on the other hand, this IS racing - at the very top level - and you can't run a set of rules that actually discourages wheel to wheel fighting.... The lower formula classes have a LOT to teach F1 in that regard. As does F1 anno 1970ies :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:54 Sun 11 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Pretty much sums everything up in both of them 2 para's, best seasons are when there are much more overtaking and the tactics in the race also keep the spectators guessing and in some sence trying to play along.

Also yes i agree with 4. jan, The only time there is a crash and it needs to be looked into in my opinion is when its either from a stupid move like hitting into the back of hamilton(i believe it was a few weeks ago) when there was nothing he could do, or when it affects the championship title.

This season i do believe however that we wont see the great german or the english do too good, and if they are to, i still believe that vettel has almost certainly only got 1 compertition with himself and alonso.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:08 Fri 16 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
check out todays free practise for tomorows gp

Edited at 10:05 Fri 16/04/10 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:18 Sun 18 Apr 10 (BST)  [Link]  
well another pole for vettel and another fail, button wins again, he wont win back to back... surely?!?!
Pages: 17172
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Formula 1 chat (archived)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.