Formula 1 chat (archived)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 17374
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:22 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
nobody was complaining when kovaleinen let hamilton past to win the title couple years ago...ferrari done whats best for them the team orders rule is pretty stupid in a team sport
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:40 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
When did Kovalainen let Hamilton past a couple of years ago?

Which race was that, never remember Kovalainen doing it in a McLaren?

It's a stupid rule, BUT Ferrari were making a mockery of F1 with the results back in 2002. Hakkinen and Coulthard likewise in 1998 when DC let Mika win the first race after McLaren messed up Mika's pit stop.

Rules are rules and Ferrari are lucky to get away with a small fine.

Things that annoys people are:
1. It was blatant, Ferrari were lying after the race through their teeth (what happened someone lied about letting someone overtake, can someone remind me, oh yes, Hamilton got disqualified from the race)

2. It was the anniversary of Felipe's big accident, people wanted to see him back on the top step a year on.

3. Rules are rules, NO team orders

At least I actually liked EJ's rant after the race, they are a disgrace, it's an injustice to the sport. He didn't hold back one single bit, even to drag Stefano out the Ferrari garage. lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:41 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
which race last race of the year last lap aswell
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:42 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
blackapple said:
It is honestly ridiculous, Massa deserved the top spot simply for fighting Alonso off for the entire race! I hate Alonso because he's a moaning annoying pillock who loses his temper if he gets overtaken or fails to overtake someone. It annoys me further that Ferrari give him the car that has a better set up, both cars should be identical in every way, and then when Massa is setting faster times and simply overtakes Alonso i hope he goes and cries to his mummy!

i used to like him when he was at renault but not since he left them hes a joke
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
08:45 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Team orders are stupid and what happened has happened many times before, above maybe being one of them, but ferrari blatently reminded massa to his duty and he had to move over and then ferrari thinking everyone else outside of ferrari are thick & stupid by saying they didn't give team orders out, that got my back up more than anything about this, I thought they would of had a coded message for him to do this but I have heard on the grapevine that this had been issued to him but he ignored it hence then the message we all heard with can you confirm you understand lol

Edited at 13:49 Tue 27/07/10 (BST)
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
08:48 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
red4ever said:

??? do you mean Glock?, and he drove for Toyota
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:50 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
felipe knew what he was doing he was unhappy about it an made sure everybody knew he let alonso past, but ferrari pays his wages if he wants to keep his contract he has to do what he has to do, F1 is full of hypocrites christian horner saying it was a disgrace and felipe must of signed a contract sayin he was no.2 driver plus red bull dont have team orders, yeh sure jst like when u took webbers front wing and gave it to vettel no favouring there at all
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:52 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_pink_eyes said:
red4ever said:

??? do you mean Glock?, and he drove for Toyota

yeh lol you got me on that 1 refreshed my mind but kova had done it at mclaren german grand prix all teams do it but jst not blatently
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:55 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
It was Timo Glock on last lap of last race and that was due to having dry tyres on a wet track, no grip whatsoever.

And Ferrari do seem to get angry at their "number 2 drivers". Anyone see Barrichello on Top Gear and what he said about it. He didn't want to do it, but they got animated at him so he had to let Schumacher through?

But as I'll say again, last person to lie after the race as clear as Ferrari did about allowing someone to over take them got removed from the final results
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:58 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
jenson button is mclaren's no2 driver webber is red bulls no2 all teams prefer 1 driver jst dont come out and say it, i really dont get why people from uk always feel the need to defend their own but then jump on the backs of others when they do the same
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:11 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Did you not hear one of my points before Red, I was not happy when David Coulthard, a Brit oddly enough, allowed Mika Hakkinen to overtake him at Australia in 1998.

That in a British team called McLaren too. And you may see them as number 2s but not everybody does. Only team orders I have heard from teams is for one driver to back off and not to attack their team mate as number 1 rule of teams

Do NOT take out your team mate

Like what happened with Vettel and Webber in Turkey. Not sure who's fault it was, but if you race with your team mate, give each other room like Hammy and JB did in that race.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:15 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
i know what your saying but in team sports there will be team order right or wrongly i think ferrari have favoured alonso too early in the season but i can see why they done it...oh and i i mention i had 50 on massa to win the race at 16/1
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
09:30 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah all teams use team orders, we know that, what got me up was the way ferrari treated Massa and told him blatently let Alonso through then deny it happened after the race to all, like were all thick muppets and would believe them.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:30 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Another reason why it is possibly deemed cheating? Cheating people who bet on the race out of some winnings?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:35 Tue 27 Jul 10 (BST)  [Link]  
mr_pink_eyes said:
Yeah all teams use team orders, we know that, what got me up was the way ferrari treated Massa and told him blatently let Alonso through then deny it happened after the race to all, like were all thick muppets and would believe them.

i think that was rob smedleys doing on purpose you could tell he was uncomfortable telling felipe
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:17 Sun 1 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
whoever watched the Hungarian Grand Prix, and would like to go halves on the assasination fee of Micheal Schumacher raise your hands! The man is a joke and an insult to the sport
janmb
janmb
13:20 Sun 1 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Haven't seen the race, but I can easily support your view on the shoemaker without any further evidence lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:41 Sun 1 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
blackapple said:
whoever watched the Hungarian Grand Prix, and would like to go halves on the assasination fee of Micheal Schumacher raise your hands! The man is a joke and an insult to the sport

Michael Schumacher has been given a 10 place grid penalty for the next race at SPA
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:30 Sun 1 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
2 years in a row at Hungary where a wheel has gone AWOL off a car.

Only last year at Hungary, qualifying had Massa's big accident.

The race, had Fernando Alonso going round with 3 wheels after one fell off.

This year, Nico Rosberg's Mercedes lost a wheel in the pits, amazing how no one was seriously injured. In particular with Renault releasing Robert Kubica into Adrian Sutil.

Renault last year were initially removed from the next round in Valencia, no such punishment for Mercedes. But I do suppose they did reverse the decision against Renault last year.

And what Schumacher did to Barrichello was a disgrace, rightfully penalised for the next race as any punishment like the black flag that Rubens wanted would have been pointless as Schumacher finished 11th.

I'm hoping the high speed tracks of Spa and Monza will suit McLaren in the next two rounds and take away some of the dominance from the Red Bulls
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
18:04 Sun 1 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah totally agree on all your comment's on Schumacher's move there, made me laugh when he said he hadn't done anything wrong and was ruben's fault lol, you can tell he drove for ferrari, denying want can't be denied lol
Pages: 17374
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Formula 1 chat (archived)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.