Clan match quitters

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:40 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
You're covering the 1/10 occurence and ignoring the 9/10 though.
Sure players know if it was genuine and would have no problem playing the rest of the games.

On craig's point...
'preseason reliability games should or as far as i was concerned are part of the season.
that is the whole point isnt it, captains showing they can cope with problems vice captains stepping in, just dont understand all the is it or isnt it regards these games, probably the most important games in a season'

The cut off point was 13/16 games 2 players starting games and leaving them left the captain and vice with 13/14 to complete, I agree was still achievable but what I don't agree with is that the players who have put their clan in this situation get away without any punishment and put their names on the waiting for a clan thread the next day. There should be a ban for people who do this and it does say in the rules anyone who avoids their opponent will be punished heavily.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:07 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I've in the past had a horrendous history with my internet, was a time where I'd get logged off every 10 minutes or so on a bad night...As has been said, you cannot distinguish between logging off purposefully due to form, logging off purposefully for another reason (dinner/going out etc) or losing your connection/having a power cut. Anyone can make an excuse when they're playing badly and say they have to go, when really they don't, and you can't prove if it is genuine or not. I could also log out if I wish with the not responding message, again its indistinguishable whether it's on purpose or not. I have logged out of clan games in the past, due to my net failing or for other unavoidable reasons, not once has it been due to form and I would have been extremely p'd off had the result gone against me for it. And I really doubt 9/10 log outs are due to form.

As for the double points idea if games are played during the first week-yes, you may punish/reward those who play late/early respectively, but if it is down to one player who isn't on much during the first week, then you would unfairly be punishing the other by halving the possible points they can get.

I feel double points is way too much. I feel it'd be a better idea if you maybe rewarded a game an extra 2/3 points per player (small per game, but enough to be significant if it is consistent throughout the season), or a clan a certain amount of points based on the number of games completed in the first week.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:30 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
The dinner/going out reason then you don't agree to start the game in the first place or agree that you're only playing to a certain time.
If you know you have internet problems if the rules were that you lose the rest of the frames if you leave a game i'm sure you would arrange to go up a friends and play your games one evening?
How often do power cuts actually happen in this day and age? I haven't had one for at least 7/8 years.
I would say it was at least 9/10 that are deliberate log outs and if I was playing somebody that you could tell had just lost connection of course I would happily carry on.
blueberry
blueberry
18:31 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
"make sure you have enough electric"?? Do I have to collect it or something lol?
ok, you might punish some people that do it due to form, but what do you think about punishing those who have a power cut (i've heard such things can happen )

some people, me included have an electric topup meter, was fitted in house before I bought it so yes electric can run out
I keep loads in so it never happens though...

Also when I had 3 mobile connection it logged me out constantly, so much so I only played as a sub for months
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:35 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
The dinner/going out reason then you don't agree to start the game in the first place or agree that you're only playing to a certain time.
If you know you have internet problems if the rules were that you lose the rest of the frames if you leave a game i'm sure you would arrange to go up a friends and play your games one evening?
How often do power cuts actually happen in this day and age? I haven't had one for at least 7/8 years.
I would say it was at least 9/10 that are deliberate log outs and if I was playing somebody that you could tell had just lost connection of course I would happily carry on.

what if you have no friends though or they forbid you to go on their computer.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:05 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
ipotalot said:

what if you have no friends though or they forbid you to go on their computer.

Can't see that being the case for anybody.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:10 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I, for one, don't care enough about this site to make a note to go around a mate's house so that I can go on it for often around an hour to play a clan game. If I go 'round a mate's, it is to enjoy myself with them...(Lmao @ 'what if you have no friends')

In the past 2 years, I've had 3/4 power cuts...might not happen to you, but it does to others. And I've had times where my computer has just died (overheating 'cause it's a load of crap) or where Windows Updater has restarted the computer because the countdown hasn't popped up above the game window. There are so many different occasions that could occur to someone logging off. And if you take those into account, you start making it harder to arrange times.

Often, you may have a couple of hours slot to play in and if your opponent doesn't come on straight away, you may only have an hour to play, so you start because it is possible to finish them, but a few tactical frames here and there could throw out the time issue and you have no choice but to log off. And if you arrange a time one day, how will you know what time you'll be having dinner (even more so if you aren't making it yourself) until it is that day?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:15 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I HAVE NO FRIENDS
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:18 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
me neither round my area anyway, most of my friends are at uni and facebook is only way of contact.

agreed with what you said Vi, thats what i was trying to say but short version.

i know its frustrating and in the future we may think of punishments but for now "innocent until proven guilty"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:20 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
me thinks this silly it happens all the time can never prove who guilty.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:21 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
you can if they admit it before they pull the plug.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:23 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
pffft not many honest players left on ere m8
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:26 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Could have stupid players still! Could be like:

Player1: 'You're playing well, I'm not, I'm gonna log out and play you when I can win! *Evil laugh!!!*

*Player1 Logs out.*

Player2: *Print screen.*
Player2: N00b lolz.

I did have a purpose to this post, but I forgot it.

EDIT: Remembered!

You never said anything to the bonus points instead of the double points thingy. I felt sad.

Edited at 16:29 Sat 09/07/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:29 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
In the past 2 years you've had 3/4 power cuts...right so the chances of that happening in the hour you play a clan game has got to be a million to one?! so can we eliminate that finally?
Updater restarting the computer falls under the category you would be back on pretty much immediately to explain and carry on playing.
The dinner reason I don't get at all, I mean you agree to play 2 minutes before you start but again you could explain and come back on within a couple of hours to finish.
I had it in the prelims a blatant form log out, I was playing brilliantly he had a nightmare he left when I went to set up 9 ball I messaged him as he was still browsing and never heard again.
In that instance if it was league would have been fine 14-1 default but more likely he would have logged back in with some bs excuse and played the rest with both our forms totally different.
If the roles were reversed I would have carried on and taken a heavy loss so how is this fair?!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:31 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dark_angel said:
As for the double points idea if games are played during the first week-yes, you may punish/reward those who play late/early respectively, but if it is down to one player who isn't on much during the first week, then you would unfairly be punishing the other by halving the possible points they can get.

I feel double points is way too much. I feel it'd be a better idea if you maybe rewarded a game an extra 2/3 points per player (small per game, but enough to be significant if it is consistent throughout the season),

That sums up my thoughts exactly
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:34 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ipotalot said:
In the past 2 years you've had 3/4 power cuts...right so the chances of that happening in the hour you play a clan game has got to be a million to one?! so can we eliminate that finally?
Updater restarting the computer falls under the category you would be back on pretty much immediately to explain and carry on playing.
The dinner reason I don't get at all, I mean you agree to play 2 minutes before you start but again you could explain and come back on within a couple of hours to finish.
I had it in the prelims a blatant form log out, I was playing brilliantly he had a nightmare he left when I went to set up 9 ball I messaged him as he was still browsing and never heard again.
In that instance if it was league would have been fine 14-1 default but more likely he would have logged back in with some bs excuse and played the rest with both our forms totally different.
If the roles were reversed I would have carried on and taken a heavy loss so how is this fair?!

its not fair but everyone is different, how can you prove if they did it on purpose or not?

even in a losing situation they might have a legitimate reason.

i admit i have done this once but i was playing so bad i was swearing so i asked if we could play another time because i would lose my mind which he agreed to, i can't remember the opponent though since it was when i 1st started with FCL.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:37 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't think there should be any extra points for completing in the first week there is a 2 week deadline.

Any thoughts from the league runners about the players that doomed their clan by doing this in the prelims, they shouldn't be able to just join another clan.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:39 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Power cuts are random, they have to be included and accepted-chances may be low, but there is a chance. If a rule came in, it would have to include unforeseen circumstances and as a result could be abused by lying.

Not if it has to go through installing the updates, it can easily take a couple of hours...

What if your opponent couldn't stick around for the while that you had dinner? I'm using dinner as it's common, it could be any non-emergency reason for which someone has to log out.

How do you know that was due to form? You cannot prove that it was. What if a family member had fallen down the stairs? What if he had genuinely lost internet connection? Then the rest of the games would go to default, the fact you tried to contact him, he didn't reply, the fact it was him who logged out would have all been taken into consideration and you would have received the result quite positively in your favour. And 14-1 would have been incredibly harsh, because even due to the form difference, it would have been incredibly unlikely you were going to win 14-1. The issue with the form difference is no different to had the log out been agreed beforehand.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:39 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
as much as we would like to do something the rules say otherwise.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:46 Sat 9 Jul 11 (BST)  [Link]  
This is stupid after the last few months i can really see why online is so dangerious people take it too seriously,

i say defaults should be.

team a not at fault 2pts

team b at fualt -1 pt

team a and b no fault found 1pt each. simples

wont get many defualts if any as team wont want to lose points be firm
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan match quitters

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.