FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 16768
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:45 Wed 8 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  

There will be no moving clan after the mid season transfer window at all next season - New Rule

Does this still stand if the players clan folds? Or does that player still become a free agent and is able to join another clan?

I pretty much know the answer I think, but I'm sure someone will have misunderstood the wording of the new rule

I never mentioned that as i thought people would get the jist of it, if a clan folds then yes a player does become a free agent and they will be allowed to join another clan.

Yeah I knew that was the rule and I know you was going to give that answer, but someone in clans will have misunderstood what you meant, there is ALWAYS one lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:49 Wed 8 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Mich what planet are you on? There is already a transfer deadline mate. The window is open at mid season for one week, that week is the deadline. Have no intention of increasing it as it shouldn't need to be + it would mean that FCL and FBL are further apart at end of seasons.

Speaking of that FBL should hurry up and finish so we can get the schedules sorted

I meant for free signings too, as far as I am aware someone like damee could be signed the day before the cup final and go on to help a team win it, which let's be honest isn't fair, unless he was signed before the deadline.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
14:59 Mon 13 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Two Month Rule

I have came to the decision that this will be decreased to one month again. It was increased to try and stop multi using in the league and for banned players entering again and 9/10 times it worked but at the same time it was bad for the genuine new players.

It will be changed on the site rules shortly.

Two month rule is now One month
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:17 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I seen an idea which i really like, it was brought up by horse10000 and to be honest it really would give more incentive to play all games, and in some cases maybe actually make. It also at the same time is a punishment in its own right. I would like to talk to Keith in more detail about this though but here it is (As im not sure if there would be any loopholes like there is with a lot of rules on both sites)

Scraping the default system and not having it at all. So basically if your player does not play there game or you don't make a sub for any reason then you will not be rewarded for it with a default score. Losing some points is the punishment and in the FCL a game can get you a max of 15, that is a big loss to lose on overall score, and may just be the ticket to winning or losing.

This requires more detail but that will be given at a further date if it does go ahead. This also saves me many hours sorting out default information to the right games and putting it on the website to then message the panel about it.

Clan Win Bonus

After the recent events in the FBL Title hunt i have decided that i will be raising the win bonus in the FCL back to the original 20 points which it was a few seasons ago. This rule is non negotiable and i know i have the backing of many clan members on this.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:00 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Im not sure I get the default system?
What does the person get that made the effort?
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
02:05 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Would be a big gamble to remove defaults. Certain situations would need monitoring, such as the use of this as a way to guarantee league position.

e.g. last match of the season. Pro's versus Snooker Squad. Pro's have a 2 point lead with both having one game left which just happens to be head-to-head. Pro's would have no incentive to play the game, as it would mean they go from guaranteed champions to possible champions. The same principle applies to lower down positions, not just 1st and 2nd.

And in cases where it's blatant refusal by one side, where the other side can do nothing about the game?

I think it would need something extra to work, im not too sure what that would be though.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:51 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Im not sure I get the default system?
What does the person get that made the effort?

nothing but players who make little effort lose points so it punishes the other team.

at the same time the only way i can see this working is by gathering information like currently then making a decision on how many points to dock.

no information is a recipe for arguments in my view especially the clans who made effort
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:31 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I mentioned this a couple of seasons ago and it was not welcomed by anyone.

I have always maintained that if a game isn't played there is no points awarded. But as said previously it can be abused where a fixture lies on the final game. I think that you should really follow one of two options;

1. Scrap awarding default points entirely but still gather information and dock points for the clan who let it go default.

or 2. Limit the amount of points available for default and continue to have either a panel or yourself predict the results. I don't think under any circumstances a 15 - 0 should be awarded. Getting such large default scores are ridiculous and I try not to award anything over 10 points between the players. Be awarded a score like 13 - 2 is almost like rewarding a default rather than punishing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:00 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree.

Another way of doing it is:-

We are all aware there are some teams who do not or will not properly co-operate with each other, each fixture has approx 2 weeks to play. Set up a 3 strike action that if no subs are made especially within the 2 nd week then 2 points each time will be deducted from the overall score (maximum 6 points) or even 3 points instead. Arent most defaults occcuring due to the captains inability to act accordingly and appropriately?

Or just add 'co-operation' into the default criteria?

Jay you could also send a template of a Questionnaire to the 2 relevant captains and alongside the information they send in with regards to a default, this can be passed to the 'panel' to determine the outcome for that particular default?

Just an idea: -

Example questions: Do you feel you had much co-operation from your fellow Captain 1-5? Did you make adequate efforts to fulfil this fixture 1-5, etc?

Edited at 12:18 Tue 14/05/13 (BST)

Edited at 12:34 Tue 14/05/13 (BST)
cke1982
cke1982
15:35 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I think subs should be made every 5 days of fixture given plenty of time to make games played if game goes to default and all rules have been applied to each team can only gain 3 points or 2 points each of final fixture so 3-3 given people some points for there effort and more reason for them to play game to get the extra pts
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:47 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
scrap defaults. dock 5 points for 3 unplayed games cumulative in fbl and 10 fcl.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:53 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
it will only really be last game that bad tactics will happen and only if head to head so just extend deadline of final game unless it becomes apparent 1 clan is purposely not playing games then take appropriate action
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:07 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
it will only really be last game that bad tactics will happen and only if head to head so just extend deadline of final game unless it becomes apparent 1 clan is purposely not playing games then take appropriate action

*Like*
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
18:14 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Their will be no extensions given in the FCL based on the fast that the clan limit is 16 (enough players for two fixtures) and two weeks is more than enough time to get games played.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:35 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I only meant if suspected foul play took place in a way to decide title or relegation. I think the full set completion bonus is imperative for no defaults to work though. they work hand in hand with one another so should be included in ful and fcl
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
19:07 Tue 14 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Regarding what i posted last night about getting rid of the panel all together and punishing for defaults. I think i have work on something that could give the incentive to get all games completed and that is along with the win bonus i would re-introduce the completion bonus. Example below.

Professionals 50 - 49 Snooker Squad

Professionals have won the fixture so they receive 20 win bonus for doing so. The fixture was completed with all games played so each clan receives 10 points for doing so, that is also on top of the 20 points won by the winning team so with all bonuses included the game would look like this (Please see below)

Professionals 80 - 59 Snooker Squad

Please be aware that the bonuses would be shown on a different part of the table of course.

I think the above would give the incentive to play the games that you have.

Still working on decent way to punish clan(s) if a game does go unplayed past the deadline time. Ideas are welcome.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:19 Wed 15 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
just this combined with no points if games aren't played. also players that ate eligible and free agents can be signed at any point during the fixture and may be subbed in. that way when teams have no more active subs they can release inactive members and sign a ringer to get games played.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:34 Wed 15 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm still not a fan of it.

There have been times every season where someone has had to wait for the last day for a sub, say they have been on all the previous 13 days and up until say 9pm the last day then went to bed and the other team sub in at that given time. they get 0 points? Ridiculous.

I think there should be merit for trying to get the games played, and for activity but only if you can prove so. Some captains will thrive under this, for example say Ut were beating uprising a fixture to go you have been on all the 2 fixture sets I have been on like 3 or 4 days of them but promise I will be on final day. you have to go at 10 I turn up at 10:15 and you have no one on to sub in... then all your hard work trying to get it sorted has been thrown out the window.

I think implementing this will be making a HUGE step backwards, What I would suggest though is that the maximum points for a default win be lowered to 10 and split into 2 sections.

Section 1, activity. Score the players on how active they are 3-2, 4-1, 5-0 or 2-2 if both even.
Section 2 attempt to play. Who made the most attempt to actually get the game played? (messages and forum posts used for evidence, just like it is now) 3-2, 4-1 5-0 or 2-2 if both even.

That way both teams are being punished by not getting the maximum points allowed however the players themselves won't be punished individually because of the other teams lack of subs.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:40 Wed 15 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
just this combined with no points if games aren't played. also players that ate eligible and free agents can be signed at any point during the fixture and may be subbed in. that way when teams have no more active subs they can release inactive members and sign a ringer to get games played.

Disagree with the free agents thing and for just one reason...

Say for example...

Damee
Destiny
Seb
Banana
Pirate_steve
Rapid_pot
Beenjammin
Dvz

Were all free agents, I needed a victory over your team final game of the season to win the league, I could easy get rid of 8 players put them 8 in and get a win. Or do the same in the cup final, I know it is a highly unlikely situation but it could happen.

Something similar happened with Damien and Destiny on snooker last season, with the cup final, Dollars and Cents signed Destiny and Total Domination signed Damee just for the cup final really. Do you not thnk that shows a lack of respect to the players that have been there every game of the season? To their opponents? If I am going to win or lose I want it to be done fairly.

When I first proposed to Jay that there be a cut off point on free agents I also put an exception in, if a team goes below 13 players. 13 is well enough to sort games out and also not too few that you would be struggling. But if you fall below 13 you can sign one. Seems pretty fair to me.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:14 Wed 15 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
From what i have seen the seasons are short time wise and if what i understand is a mid season transfer window once the deals are completed that is it for all teams. Do with what you got signed up.
Pages: 16768
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL League Discussion Thread (3)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.