New Wrestling Thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
bradtatum
bradtatum
09:37 Mon 16 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Also; TNA Unbreakable 2005; AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels, possibly best match ever.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:39 Mon 16 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
bradtatum said:
Triple H = POOH, sorry but u know its true lol

Triple H and The Undertaker was last two and i thought was the best fight of the night alongside Shane vs Orton

Edited for the quote!

Edited by forum moderator 1_eye, at 21:02 Wed 18/02/09 (GMT)
bradtatum
bradtatum
16:14 Mon 16 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
_mewtwo_ said:
bradtatum said:
Triple H = Smelly stuff, sorry but u know its true lol

Triple H and The Undertaker was last two and i thought was the best fight of the night alongside Shane vs Orton

Yeah they were all good matches, but giving him the title AGAIN, i mean come on, give someone new the title & main event at WM for a change!

Edited by forum moderator 1_eye, at 21:03 Wed 18/02/09 (GMT)
spinner
spinner
Admin
16:47 Mon 16 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
bradtatum said:
Also; TNA Unbreakable 2005; AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels, possibly best match ever.

Agreed!

And up until last night, the kind of PPV standard WWE hasn't reached for too long.

I was very impressed last night. I beg to differ on the HHH thing, its a sensible, logical angle progression, so was admittedly a bit obvious, but Taker and HHH put on a textbook final 10 minutes that did have you guessing.

Orton/HHH is the perfect WM headliner. And what an event it looks like being! Here's my guess, why dont you all have a go before RAW starts!

Orton vs HHH for the WWE title (effectively Legacy vs McMahons)
Edge vs Cena - World Title
Hardy vs Hardy - probably a ladder/TLC match
Swagger vs Christian - ECW Title (though I'd love to see Finlay in there too in a traditional rules 3 way dance)
Jericho vs HBK, and given what they've done so far, it cant but be great!
And my personal dream match - Taker vs Kozlov - Streak vs Streak.
Probably also Pheonix vs Melina, but I'm hoping for the womens belt to change hands before then, and have Mickie (W/Trish) challenge.
Punk vs Regal - IC Title - 2 out of 3 falls
Plus Priceless need to destroy someone for the tag belts! Either Championship team would be good, but how about a unification 3 way elimination?

However, a great resurgence in quality whatever happens, and that didnt even mention the MITB match!

Can't believe Flair signed with ROH this week though! Still, good payday for Piper!
bradtatum
bradtatum
17:34 Mon 16 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I agree that is was a good PPV no doubt, but i just tire seeing people like Triple H & Cena as champ, especially "5 moves" Cena!

Orton & HHH WM has technically already been done last year; just with Cena added 2 the mix, it would be a good headliner; it's just been seen too many times elsewhere 4 me 2 wanna see it.

WM rumours ive heard are:
*(c) Edge vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy (may just end up being Hardy vs Hardy) - although i think (c) Edge vs. Orton would be good.
*(c) Triple H vs. Orton - may be done because as you say: Legacy vs McMahons. I think a WM worthy HHH vs. HBK for the title would be good, but not likely.
*Undertaker vs. Kozlov - i think that is happening, just because he has no-one else at that level to face at WM & because of internet rumours (also technically Kozlov isn't undefeated anymore as he was pinned by Taker last night )
*Beth Pheonix vs. Trish Stratus - also another rumour that is circulating, and Trish is also hinting:

And personally MITB match i think should be people like; Killings, Bourne, Santino, Kennedy, MVP, Mysterio, Christian (Cage) etc.

We shall see
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:48 Mon 16 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
bradtatum said:

Yeah they were all good matches, but giving him the title AGAIN, i mean come on, give someone new the title & main event at WM for a change!

I beg to differ, Triple H is one of the few people on SD that should have the title, plus i think there trying to give Triple H a good enough reason to get in the WWE HOF and what a great way to be entered in there by getting more championships than Ric Flair?
spinner
spinner
Admin
18:45 Mon 16 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ugh, can't stand wrestling dirt sheets. Just take a look at the very obvious angles they've been building!

Taker vs Kozlov would be the highlight for me. We all know Taker is past his best, by many years, but rarely come along talents like Kozlov who can make Taker match (or any match really, look at the all to short HHH feud) truely classic.

Sure, he doesn't have the experience Orton has, but Kozlov is second only to possibly JBL or Finlay as a natural talent in the ring.

Remember he has been pinned many times, but never in singles competition.

Then, of course, we have the wildcard of Shamus to consider. He is definitely worthy of a WM spot given the year he's had. MITB?
bradtatum
bradtatum
08:51 Tue 17 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Shamus as is O'Shaunessy from FCW?

And looks like u might be right with Orton vs HHH & Edge vs Cena.
bradtatum
bradtatum
09:15 Tue 17 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
btw any1 see this?

<video of Jericho fan incident removed due to language involved>

Edited by forum moderator spinner, at 19:22 Tue 17/02/09 (GMT)
spinner
spinner
Admin
13:32 Tue 17 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah Shamus did his "pre callup" angle on last weeks FCW, so we should see him soon, hopefully tonight on ECW.

There was a fair bit of discussion about the Jerico incident at the time on the snooker wrestling thread if you want to have a look.

Excellent RAW last night too. It's been years since WWE "clicked" like this, good time to be a fan again

So far the only diversions from my fantasy WM lineup is the way the Taker and Jericho matches are going. I REALLY hope JBL gets the win and the match at WM, that would be much better than HBK/Taker, and would also free up Michaels.

As much as it seemed Michaels was to be the one to defend the ledgends, I do think the original plan is best and it looks like it's back on. Sure it won't be the best match ever, but Jericho (much like HBK did last time) is capable of pulling as good a match from Hogan as is possible.

Hardy vs Hardy at WM was confirmed by Jeff on todays Cort and Fatboy show, so thats another lock.
bradtatum
bradtatum
14:27 Tue 17 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
So whats the original plan? I'm kinda confused cos 1st it was Jericho vs Rourke, then that got scrapped, then an angle with Y2J & the legends & now im not too sure.. lol

Tbh i'd rather see Taker vs HBK as Jericho & HBK has already been done at WM19 and pretty much the whole of last year so not interested in seeing that again.
Looking forward to Hardy vs. Hardy, hopefully it will match up to Hart vs. Hart from WMX
spinner
spinner
Admin
18:44 Tue 17 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I just really enjoy Jericho/HBK, and JBL is one of the best opponents Taker has ever had, so personal bias is driving those predictions!

HBK would also make a lot of sense in the Jericho/Ledgends angle, with him retiring Flair last year, the respect thing, etc etc.

However, after Rourke quickly realised *actual* wrestling was a bad idea (wise man! or rather wise agents, i think he would still want to - and who can blame him! ) there was a very brief suggestion of Y2J berating lots of Hall of Famers, before ending up facing Hogan.

That seems to be back on for now, but who can tell. I can't think of another who would work near as well. The great thing about Hogans clumsy style is that despite being old and stiff, he doesnt look that much different! And the crowd is bound to go mental

Ah well, probably completely wrong and it'll end up being someone else. Just so long as it's not Flair. Either of them!!
bradtatum
bradtatum
14:20 Wed 18 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fair enough!

Yeah HBK would make sense but wudnt really be something i'd wanna see again.

I'd never heard anything to do with Hogan being involved, last i heard him & Vince wern't gettin along & wern't likely to work together again.. Well you never know do u, plans always change last minute with them lol
spinner
spinner
Admin
17:41 Wed 18 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Remember what happened the last time Vince and Hogan were "reported" as not getting along?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gZWfjH90u1A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gZWfjH90u1A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also note Rev Theory provide the music..

I prefer to listen to the employee's rather than the ad-infested dirt sheets..

However - ECW! Another excellent showing last night, esp the Dreamer angle and Tyson Kidd, quality TV.
murder
murder
20:46 Wed 18 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I got a question:

Is it going to be randy Orton vs HHH At WM?

Because that;s what I'm acknowledging from the storyline
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:32 Wed 18 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Most probs
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:03 Wed 18 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
omg people still watch this crap...
bradtatum
bradtatum
12:59 Thu 19 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Confirmeed for WM:
(c) Triple H vs. Randy Orton
Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy
Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker
MITB Ladder Match
murder
murder
13:38 Thu 19 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
OK thanks for the info

I really want to see hardy vs hardy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:25 Mon 23 Feb 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Triple H going to raw tonight to get Randy Orton.... Going be a good raw tonight
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Wrestling Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.